Julianb

• Replies 33
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Think its a single as well as LP, never seen a Philips but have seen Murco ? with Hazel singing without the band Out Of My Life.

Sorry should have said, Dutcch/German Philips.

Social source share

What do we think pricewise for the Smash LP these days?

The US release usually sells for $75-$100 on eBay these days.

The superior MONO release is much harder to find than the STEREO release though. There goes about 5-10 stereo copies for every mono copy that turns up.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

The Philips one, I remember buying this off Mark (Resolution Records) must have been about 1994, couldn't believe it when I saw it, I thought it was a UK pressing, looks identical to the British Philips label, in fact I printed a scan and did an article on it in my magazine Beatin Rhythm at the time because it caused quite a fuss in those pre-internet days.

Social source share

A few years back I wrote to someone selling an 7" acetate on ebay ( think it was from Australia ? not too sure)

They wouldn't accept my word that his acetate was just the Tempests album track, under another name.

Wish I'd kept the scan now, from memory this acetate declared " Bobby Paris ", and the seller insisted that this is who the singer was !

(my mind has gone blank on it now, this was one that Guy H. broke wasn't it ? 99% sure that it was covered up as B.P. tho')

Social source share

A few years back I wrote to someone selling an 7" acetate on ebay ( think it was from Australia ? not too sure)

They wouldn't accept my word that his acetate was just the Tempests album track, under another name.

Wish I'd kept the scan now, from memory this acetate declared " Bobby Paris ", and the seller insisted that this is who the singer was !

(my mind has gone blank on it now, this was one that Guy H. broke wasn't it ? 99% sure that it was covered up as B.P. tho')

Pobably Keb's copy! He broke it and covered it as Bobby Paris at Stafford TOTW.

Social source share

Got it on tape, Guy playing it for the "first time out" as "Bobby Paris",

Des Parker

Bloody hell...memories getty fuzzy it appears...could have sworn I remember Keb playing it at Stafford as Bobby Paris...first signs of dementure?

Mind you it was 25 years ago so hopefully I can be forgiven!

Social source share

It was released in Holland under the title "Well Tempered Soul" - not Would You Believe.

They used to re-title tracks over here and also sometimes lose things within the translation...one that makes me smile and I'm sure you'll appreciate it Gene, is for the Temptations', ' Beauty is just skin deep'...on the sleeve it says 'Beauty is just shin deep' and if that's not bad enough the rough translation for the Japanese characters used is actually, 'Good looking girls are dangerous'!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

It was released in Holland under the title "Well Tempered Soul" - not Would You Believe.

I think they had two covers one for the Germans "wyb" and one for the Dutch "wts" but both German pressings ? or Dutch both the same anyway.

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Yes, it finaly made it onto CD in 2007...I know as I co-wrote the sleeve notes! (POKER Label - DECKCD100)

Here is my WD (mono) of the LP...and the CD....and a red label stock copy (stereo).

:lol:

I have a copy on CD.

well worth getting hold of.

A couple of bonus tracks too.

And the sleevenotes are well worth a read.

Stu.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!