Jade -Siesta Is Over On Rdl

NEV

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dont Know about the RDL copies nev but Ive seen the other ones on CC are going like hot cakes at around £50

Thanks Steve....i had seen the copy for sale and the positive feedback it was getting ,hence my post,but still non the wiser so i will hang onto it for now.

Hope you are well mate:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest vintagevideos

I uploaded 45 to youtube a few months back, maybe this helped create a buzz. I was offered 60 gbp for my copy on RDL but I declined because I too don't know the value on the RDL.

Social source share

I uploaded 45 to youtube a few months back, maybe this helped create a buzz. I was offered 60 gbp for my copy on RDL but I declined because I too don't know the value on the RDL.

Thanks for that .

To be honest your upload to youtube is the only reference i found ragrding the RDL copy.

Nothing on google ,(except for articles on soulsource from recent weeks) and nothing on popsike ?

When i got my copy the seller listed it as the 1st issue before the CC copy, he is a reputable dealer ,who usually gives a brief description with all his rare soul items.

The problem i have and it's a common one .....i bought it for the "brown and beautiful" side ......i had heard the "siesta side" but it did'nt really get my attention until i saw the posts on here ??

So is it a hype thing ,am i being swayed by popular demand for it ,or is it just a case of ,it requires a few spins before it gets through ??

I've definitely let a few good records go on a whim and regretted selling em when i've heard it over a loud system.

Maybe thats the crux ...hearing a record at home opposed to being in a venue ,with an atmosphere and a good sound system!

To everyone who's pm'd me with offers ,sorry guys but i'm gonna hang onto it for a while yet:yes:

Appreciate the info so far guy's but would like to hear from peeps who've been out and about and heard it out loud ?

Anyone care to indulge us??:lol:

Social source share

Hi Nev - Hope things are well with you!

I was the same - I bought it for Brown & beautiful

However I have a track record on buying things then selling them without listening to the b-sides (Just ask Dezzie-boy on here!)

ITs only because I saw a post that when I got home I pulled it out and played "the Siestas over! "and to be frank - I can see its appeal!

Still doesnt answer your question though NEV and we need someone in the know to confirm which was released first.

ATB Steve

Social source share

i HAVE A FEELING THE RDL one is not that easy to get to be honest and siesta has had a fair few spins the last 18 months or so-believe it or not the rdl one is not in the manship quide however the century city track has regulary brought 50 squid on here.If anyone has their funk outing MUSIC SLAVE on peaseant can you dop me a pm!!

BAZ A

Social source share

i HAVE A FEELING THE RDL one is not that easy to get to be honest and siesta has had a fair few spins the last 18 months or so-believe it or not the rdl one is not in the manship quide however the century city track has regulary brought 50 squid on here.If anyone has their funk outing MUSIC SLAVE on peaseant can you dop me a pm!!

BAZ A

the pesante group is a different group

Social source share

Thanks for that .

To be honest your upload to youtube is the only reference i found ragrding the RDL copy.

Nothing on google ,(except for articles on soulsource from recent weeks) and nothing on popsike ?

When i got my copy the seller listed it as the 1st issue before the CC copy, he is a reputable dealer ,who usually gives a brief description with all his rare soul items.

The problem i have and it's a common one .....i bought it for the "brown and beautiful" side ......i had heard the "siesta side" but it did'nt really get my attention until i saw the posts on here ??

So is it a hype thing ,am i being swayed by popular demand for it ,or is it just a case of ,it requires a few spins before it gets through ??

I've definitely let a few good records go on a whim and regretted selling em when i've heard it over a loud system.

Maybe thats the crux ...hearing a record at home opposed to being in a venue ,with an atmosphere and a good sound system!

To everyone who's pm'd me with offers ,sorry guys but i'm gonna hang onto it for a while yet:yes:

Appreciate the info so far guy's but would like to hear from peeps who've been out and about and heard it out loud ?

Anyone care to indulge us??:thumbsup:

keep it nev as i have got a copy coming and will be givplays at the Greatstone. wait till i hav made it massive then flog it for obscene amounts of money :thumbsup:

mark

Social source share

keep it nev as i have got a copy coming and will be givplays at the Greatstone. wait till i hav made it massive then flog it for obscene amounts of money :thumbsup:

mark

You did say you were starting to collect more60's ,better late than never I suppose.lol

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!