Sylvia Robbins - Don't Let Your Eyes

• Replies 6
  • Views 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Finally got round to doing a scan of it.

post-9478-041017400 1281996524_thumb.jpg

An acetate cut for a djing?

My guess is that it's a music publishers acetate going by the address on the label, and the fact there's no artist credit. May be wrong but don't think this was really played anywhere and was always a collectors record, certainly not rare enough to be put on acetate.

n.b. though if it were mid 60's it wouldn't have an 01 telephone code. Hmm.

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

I've got a few of these, picked them up in a shop in bristol in the 70's - they are all chipped and don't play too well, but i still have them somewhere. They are double sided i have Night Owl, Lou Johnson and can't remember others. The Lou Johnson i think is backed with LJ Johnson! so that might help date it a bit.

Social source share

The quality of the acetate itself, which is single-sided, is very good indeed. The sound reproduction is even better - it's loud, crisp and clear, so I doubt that it's been dubbed off another 45.

Having had a look now, I've seen a few images on the web of a similar LTS label design. These though seem to be for contemporary and legitimate 1970s releases. Might this have been mooted for a 're-release', exactly as so many other 60s soul 45s were during the commercial height of the Northern scene in the 70s?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!