Whats The Best Weekender You Have Attended And Why?

Mrtag

Fleetwood Cala Gran. Went the years that Frank Wilson and Gene Chandler were on. Not only great for the acts and DJs but the camaraderie(sic?) between people, was my early days on the scene (didn't start til I was mid 20s) and it was great to randomly bump into people I'd met a few weeks before at nights or niters. Second year was when it totally pissed it down the last night and I ended up with a bad cold that I couldn't shake off for weeks, but it was worth it.

Social source share

SO true Joan, the start of some real mad years for me in many ways, and if only we could bottle those times, and knew just how precious they were going to be, many memories to getting barred off the radio for the show with Colin when we both swore our head off, tying Sean Gibbons nephew who danced while listening to his own music on a walkman, sabotaging the mike for Brian Rae and watching how he didn't blink or miss a beat as if nothing had happend, sheer profesionalism among a bunch of us rank amaturs, thinking Tef and Billy had shaved my head while sleeping, a 14 hour bus journey that we never wanted to end, Andy D being daft enough to play cards with the Raeburns where loser had to have a drink, they of course cheated he ended up comatose,

Oh the memories, f*ck maybe nostalgia really is where it is, off to grow my ponytail again!

Jock/Joan.. Great days! I still have a tape of the radio show you did! You can hear Colin saying 'f***** mental' as Louis Curry on Reel kicks in.. Been on my wants ever since! Think Butch is on there too! Can't replace those memories!

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Best one for me was the first Prestatyn, top class sets(for my taste) and room to move about the floor ... just a personal opinion but it seemed to get tacky and very touristy

Social source share

Indeed Andy, a crazy start to crazy weekends in Yarmouth...

Seeing Ray Pollard walk out on stage saying "Hey, you guys blow me away, I can't wait to tell my wife about this." He looked genuinely gobsmacked, probably wasn't expecting a huge roomfull of youths going mental to be his reception..what an atmosphere and felt like something epic was happening just seeing him, voice was incredible, sounded just the same as the records when singing live.

Scotland V England football match, I tried joining in the kickabout, realised I wasn't up to it, went back to the caravaan, took a pew and put the feet up. Next minute a bloke walks out of one of the bedrooms, don't know who got the bigger fright when we clocked each other, "Err, sorry mate" as I realised I was sitting in the living room of the wrong caravaan..made an exit.. ours was a few along!

:facepalm: Brilliant

Edited by Lenny Harkins
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!