Right Track, Peterborough

peterborough has a long tradition of quality northern soul,

the wirrina, the fleet, the original soul ole, the soul ole re-incarnate, city club, caliante and all point between.

i spent many-a-night in the 'boro during my miss-spent youth at the grapevine, bull & dolphin, wirrina. fleet etc but the venue (to me) which holds high that tradition is the right track soul club @ the railway club.

the venue is perfect, the atmosphere (even on 'lite-number-nights') never less than stimulating and the music so very often is just top draw northern soul.

this weeks' visit to the club had all the above but with the addition of t'northern guests Pete Eccles and Nige Brown each dealt 'top draw' sounds which surpassed all expectation and kept the smaller than usual crowd dancing, tapping and nodding all through this excellent event.

with residents Martin Calderbank and Andrew 'Smudge' Smith added to the mix none could be, or were in deed left wanting.

top night at peterborough's top event and long may it reign.

images on https://ournorthernsouls.org

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

Pretty accurate assesment Mick.

The "Right Track" has had many of the countries top DJ,s and last night another top DJ popped his Right Track cherry,Mr Pete (Albert Tatlock) Eccles,who has even had a cake named after him:lol:.That just leaves a few more to come to the Right Track ie Ginger,Richard Searling,Ted Massey and a few others.These are being worked on.

Nige(Don Estelle) Brown along with Mick Cooper where the other two guest who did what they do best,play quality Northern Soul.Its always a pleasure to see these guys do there stuff.And Im sure nobody went home last night wanting!

Numbers!! always a problem wherever and whichever night you attend up and down the country the Right Track at the moment has not escaped although there was a healthy attendance it still didnt match the 250/300 that came regularly 12/18 mnts ago.

Smudge

PS Next "Right Track" Oct 1st with Ian Gee

Well the 6+ hour round trip, on a Friday almost straight after work was worth it, to spend a few hours in the company of some top people, listen to some fantastic sounds, thanks for the invite to join in playing a few, and well done Andy and team, thumbsup.gif

Highlight of the evening and I'm still smiling now was when Andy (I think) introduced me to a local guy called Roger,

"Pete this is Roger, Roger this is Pete Eccles"

To which Roger replied with a look of amazement "ECCLES?? ECCLES?? What a great name, where did you get that name from?"

:lol::lol:g.gif

Cheers Browny for driving, always a pleasure :yes:

Guest oldsoulgitcomes

Never having ventured over to the "far east" much since the days of " The Mallet" the trip from the West Mids on the way to London was well worth it..! crackin' room, made for a soul night it is, & a nice place to attend my last soul do in this country for some time,if at all.

Like a lot of places probably down on numbers, but still a fair crowd & all the D.J's kept the dance floor busy all night.

As Mr Brown & i go back more years than either of us care to remember it was the last chance i'd get to see him so it made the night even better for me. Mr Entertainment the guy is. Thats no way detracting from any of the other guys at all, Great spots by them all & so glad to see Pete Eccles get such a good reception.

Thanks to everyone involved & keep it going because if i ever come back to these shores i'll be returning for sure.

The Git

Despite the weather and stuff we had a great nite at thge Right Track!!

Socially a Fab Nite to Lovely to see Roger Sam, Mick n Lucy Donnerly, and so good that one of my Oldest Friends Mr Paul Davies arrived then broke the news hes leaving for abroad on Monday and may never retuirn to these shores!! Gutted!!

Plusa Six Hour Pop Quiz with the Jack Dee of Northern Soul ,,,, Pete Eccles!

A rather spiving night in fact

Also me and Pete have to thank Smudge for being Our DJ Bitch!!

Thanks for a lovely Welcome and Great Night,,, Right Track!

Love n Soul

Nige B x

and remember,,,,,, " the path was deep and wide from footsteps leading to our cabin,,,,,,,, above the door there burned a scarlet lamp ! "

Source Advert