Soulheaven, Birmingham

Guest roger H

Guest roger H

I would just like to say a big thank you to everone that turned up last night, to pay tribute to our dearly missed soul brother POMA, yet again people travelled some fair distances to be there such as willie and many more, fair play to you.

also was a chance to meet up with some great mates, Toby,Andy and your qiuet mate (but we'll soon change that), oh andy the record you was on about the singer doesnt spring to mind but i think you said it was "factifino" keep looking mate.

All the DJs were superb and played some great tunes .......fantastic.... Drippin Who's record box did you pinch cus you played some class stuff and the last time i saw you collection it consisted of the nolans and some K-Tel albums

The venue was great easy to get to (for some) Toby went about 15 miles the wrong way after passing the venue, mmmmmmmmmmmm sat nav required me thinks !!!!

And a big thank you to the staff and management, but the doorman mmmmmmmmm me thinks he had the easiest night of his life, i did tell him that we were there to listen the the music and enjoy the company he asked the manager to book him on all future soul events so it keeps his blood pressure down (hope you enjoy the cd mate)

and Karen and Jayne who took the money on the door

I know the Shorney and Sammy will be on later to type a few words but i was out of bed first.

Thanks for a great night Shorney / Sammy and all the other helpers

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Andy Kempster

I would just like to say a big thank you to everone that turned up last night, to pay tribute to our dearly missed soul brother POMA, yet again people travelled some fair distances to be there such as willie and many more, fair play to you.

also was a chance to meet up with some great mates, Toby,Andy and your qiuet mate (but we'll soon change that), oh andy the record you was on about the singer doesnt spring to mind but i think you said it was "factifino" keep looking mate.

All the DJs were superb and played some great tunes .......fantastic.... Drippin Who's record box did you pinch cus you played some class stuff and the last time i saw you collection it consisted of the nolans and some K-Tel albums

The venue was great easy to get to (for some) Toby went about 15 miles the wrong way after passing the venue, mmmmmmmmmmmm sat nav required me thinks !!!!

And a big thank you to the staff and management, but the doorman mmmmmmmmm me thinks he had the easiest night of his life, i did tell him that we were there to listen the the music and enjoy the company he asked the manager to book him on all future soul events so it keeps his blood pressure down (hope you enjoy the cd mate)

I know the Shorney and Sammy will be on later to type a few words but i was out of bed first.

roger....i really will be 'factifino'

a great night in a great venue for a great reason...i didnt know POMA but i am damn sure he would be proud of every one of you

well done guys...see you all soon

love and hugs to you all from andy, tobes and melv (the groovesville boys)

:lol:

Guest Andy Kempster

roger....i really will be 'factifino'

a great night in a great venue for a great reason...i didnt know POMA but i am damn sure he would be proud of every one of you

well done guys...see you all soon

love and hugs to you all from andy, tobes and melv (the groovesville boys)

:lol:

and one other thing

god i need a copy of rudy love 'suffering wrath' if i hear that drop again i think i might wet myself......OMG

Guest Drippin

Edited by Drippin

Well lads, that was bloody great :hatsoff2:

Super venue you've found yourselves and the atmosphere inside was so friendly and relaxed it was impossible not to enjoy the night! Good sound system, nice dancefloor and a nice blend of sounds from all the DJs who kept the floor nice and busy. Have to say my good mate Killa did an awesome spot, but he always does! Had me on the floor for most of it. Sean....yours was quality as well mate, just my kind of sounds :thumbsup:

Guest Sean Haydon

Just want to thank everyone for coming along to support our venue, what a great party atmosphere it was with everyone well up for it and very willing to dance to something a little different. All the DJ's Dripin, Kenny, Casper, Steve Whittle, Killa, Martin Farmer, & Harpo all playing in their own particular style. Just like the old days! Brilliant, well done guys, you did yourselves and us proud.

Also, lovely to see Poma's family members there, giving them a taste of what our great friend and soul brother loved.

It was so good to see people that had travelled from afar. Having you people there gave it a nighter feel rather than just another soul night.

Personally I think that this place has everything going for it, Friendly staff, easy access, nice size room with a good atmosphere and above all, fantastic music! If anyone has any comments, I would appreciate if you PM'd me, good or negative. The question is, shall we make it a regular Bi-monthly event?

Sean

Just want to thank everyone for coming along to support our venue, what a great party atmosphere it was with everyone well up for it and very willing to dance to something a little different. All the DJ's Dripin, Kenny, Casper, Steve Whittle, Killa, Martin Farmer, & Harpo all playing in their own particular style. Just like the old days! Brilliant, well done guys, you did yourselves and us proud.

Also, lovely to see Poma's family members there, giving them a taste of what our great friend and soul brother loved.

It was so good to see people that had travelled from afar. Having you people there gave it a nighter feel rather than just another soul night.

Personally I think that this place has everything going for it, Friendly staff, easy access, nice size room with a good atmosphere and above all, fantastic music! If anyone has any comments, I would appreciate if you PM'd me, good or negative. The question is, shall we make it a regular Bi-monthly event?

Sean

Answer..... Yes Sean, either 2 or 3 monthly, but maybe try to get the management to have a later finish, dont know if you remember but when I left on Sun morning I said to you, "I dont think I could wait another year for another one, it was soooo good".

What a fantastic night lads, a nice little venue you've got there, great friendly up for it crowd that had the place buzzing, with a nice dance floor, excellent sound system and a great dj line up who all played superb set's with a very good mix of tunes to keep everyone happy, it had the feel good factor .

Well done Sammy/Sean, & everyone else who mucked in, you done Poma proud:thumbup:.

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit
Guest littlemissoul

SOUL HEAVEN :lol: how apt thats where I was all night long in soul heaven great sounds from start to finish fantastic crowd of people gave it a real happy and friendly atmosphere. The venue was fab and the bouncer on the door had no attitude just a welcome :lol: as you walked in saw him having a little jig to a tune or 2 whilst watching the door.

Well done to all concerned lets hope it's a regular event .:lol:

With the usual fickleness of the west mids crowd, its one you as promoters need to make with regard to a regular night, the scene is litered with past venues that were put on as a result of percieved support, its a fine line, with quality music but with a smaller audience, against packer with a tilt towards the dozens in the area each month. Its sad that by playing quality stuff you have to tap in to a small but dedicated national band of followers, yet that also means that it can involve lots of travel, that is not always an option, for everyone. That also gives you, low margins, not a problem as its done for the music, sadly that is not the case for the venue owners, who want income from room and bar,

Its your choice muckers!!

Anyway my playlist, as performed in the spotlight, and whilst the equipment was being diminished before our eyes.

Deon Jackson..."That's what you do to me"

Darrell Banks...."Somebody, somewhere needs you"

Capitols..."Don't say maybe baby"

Calvin Williams..."Lonley you'll be"

Spyder Turner...."You're good enough for me"

Otis Clay...."Show place"

Ambers..."Potion of love"

Mighty Marvellos..."Talkin' 'bout ya baby"

TSU Tornadoes..."Cuting the corners"

Buddy Conner aka Worlds Funkiest Band..."When you're alone"

Bobby Sheen..."Something new to do"

Marvin Smith..."Who will do your running now"

Milton Wright and the Terra Sherma Strings..."I belong to you"

Darrell Banks..."I'm the one who loves you"

As many of you know that was my finisher, at all Poma's early venes, dedicated to him, however the management decided to let us have one more

Wee..."Try me"

Thanks to all involved in the night, and the punters, Pomroy family mambers i'm surewish you all the same thanks.

Finally im gonna thank my mate Poma for all the laughs we had, all the adventures the company and just most of all for being a part of my life, as im sure you will all agree, a true star

Harpo

Guest roger H

Willie, i cant take any of the credit for helping mate it was shorny and sammy and a couple of others, i just turned up, so all praise to those boys, but what a great night.....shorny keep the locks on your record box or edwins takin a walk:thumbsup:

Willie, i cant take any of the credit for helping mate it was shorny and sammy and a couple of others, i just turned up, so all praise to those boys, but what a great night.....shorny keep the locks on your record box or edwins takin a walk:thumbsup:

Ok Roger, just deleted you pmsl.

Guest Sean Haydon

The whole lot nearly took a walk Sunday morning mate. I opened the bedroom curtains at about 11am to find the boot of my car wide open in the street, stupidly I'd left two 300 boxes of records in the boot which had been open all night and morning on view to anyone that walked by. Can you imagine the relief when I saw the two boxes amazingly still there. How bloody lucky was I?? The thought of some kid skimming the records down the local canal made me feel sick.

It's taught me a lesson I tell you.sweatingbullets.gif

Edited by SHorny
Guest roger H

The whole lot nearly took a walk Sunday morning mate. I opened the bedroom curtains at about 11am to find the boot of my car wide open in the street, stupidly I'd left two 300 boxes of records in the boot which had been open all night and morning on view to anyone that walked by. Can you imagine the relief when I saw the two boxes amazingly still there. How bloody lucky was I?? The thought of some kid skimming the records down the local canal made me feel sick.

It's taught me a lesson I tell you.:sweatingbullets:

Shit theres my chance of having edwin gone up the swanny but i wont stop trying !!!!!!

Shit theres my chance of having edwin gone up the swanny but i wont stop trying !!!!!!

It's German only as a 45 Roger but is also on his 'War And Peace' LP which is pretty easy to pick up. People like me just have weird obsessions about having to have records on 45...

Hello to all friends and people from up North South East n West who turned up for Soul Heaven a tribute to Poma .What a soultastic nite we hadthe music was buzzing from the start to finish it was so good that one of the speakers was on fire lol Thanxs to all the Djs who all played a great set right across the board and keep the floor alive and kicking, Our guest Djs this month was Steve Whittle,Killa nCasper and cream of the crop from the midlands who this us all proud.

Big thanks to Robs family who turned up and to Roger n Kaz helping out and you the people who made the night thankpost-134-098801100 1282000355_thumb.jpg you all

Future dates WILL BE COMING SOON

Peace n love Sammy dee K*T*F

Edited by sammydee

It was a brilliant night Sammy n' Sean ! .... it started to fill up really quick and soon was up n' running with great music all night .......steve whittle was superb ! ....good luck with your new venue ... looks like a winner sorted by two top guys who will give you a warm welcome.. :thumbsup:

see you saturday at stoke sammy !

pete n' susan ktf

post-7477-050764200 1282032282_thumb.jpg

Edited by casper