Bury Town Hall Friday Aug 27Th

Bazm

BURY TOWN HALL Bank Holiday Half Nighter

Friday 27th August 2010 9pm thru 4am

If you like Soul you'll love Bury Town Hall!

Two Rooms Of Soul In One Great Night -

The Lancaster Suite - On The Real Side - The Orwell Meets Lowton Room With A View -

Rare and Underplayed Soul Crossover, 70's and little label selections through till 4am

The Elizabethian Suite - Quality Northern Oldies, Classics and Rare Soul Selections

Admission £8.00

DJ's Ginger Taylor, Bob Hinsley, Robbo, Kev Murphy, Julian Bentley, Mike Howard, Les Harrison,

Baz Maleady, Steve Plumb, Steve Connor, Karl Rhodes, Steve Green, Bob Cornock.....WOW!!

The Elizabethan Suite, Knowsley Street, Bury, BL9 0SW

• Replies 41
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Lancaster Suite - On The Real Side - The Orwell Meets Lowton Room With A View -

Rare and Underplayed Soul Crossover, 70's and little label selections through till 4am

The Elizabethian Suite - Quality Northern Oldies, Classics and Rare Soul Selections

Admission £8.00

DJ's Ginger Taylor, Bob Hinsley, Robbo, Kev Murphy, Julian Bentley, Mike Howard, Les Harrison,

Baz Maleady, Steve Plumb, Steve Connor, Karl Rhodes, Steve Green, Bob Cornock.....WOW!!

What a great way to kick off the bank holiday weekend,looking forward to this :thumbsup:

Admission £8.00

Baz Maleady, Steve Plumb, Steve Connor, Karl Rhodes, Steve Green, Bob Cornock.....WOW!![/size

looking forward to this baz gonna make a great start to a full on soulful weekend

looking forward to this baz gonna make a great start to a full on soulful weekend

You're not wrong there Steve especially with the combination of Messers Green, Rhodes and Cornnock along with the 'Three Mustybeers' Plumb, Connor and Malseedy spinning the platters in room two, what a aural delight thta's gonna be.........

Might get round to promting some preview top tens over the next few days.........

Hi Baz, really looking forward to this, great way to start a busy weekend of top class SOUL. Gonna be great playing in the same room as the ORWELL lads, they always play top quality tunes. Cant wait !!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Yep, looking forward to this immensely!

Will post me top ten platters that matter when i've had a sort thru the boxes this week

Great to see the new look Bury back on the map and looking forward to spinning with the Lowton boys along with me old muckers Steve C & Baz

Cheers

Steve

sounds intriguing,look forward to hearing them.........

How many more big originals can you get in that box J?.......dont forget that Joe Matthews ex-cover up..loving 'I Dont Like To Loose' all over again.....

post-2537-002350600 1282483980_thumb.jpg

Edited by BazM

Yep, looking forward to this immensely!

Will post me top ten platters that matter when i've had a sort thru the boxes this week

Great to see the new look Bury back on the map and looking forward to spinning with the Lowton boys along with me old muckers Steve C & Baz

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Ave gud un at the 'Dab' tonite dont forget to shout it out...........

ATB

Bazza

Mick is it you thats on under the 'assumed' name Mike Howard??? If so great and please bring Chaumonts - love is the thing with you. What an awesome record that is!!

Hi Sandy,yes that's my sunday name :thumbup: and yes chaumonts will be in the playbox,must play the flip "I need your love" which is also brilliant

Hi Sandy,yes that's my sunday name :lol: and yes chaumonts will be in the playbox,must play the flip "I need your love" which is also brilliant

Just put 'Now You've Gone' in the playbox.......sure soundin good after all these years,.....keep 'em coming.............:rolleyes:

Guest recordman

What a great way to kick off the bank holiday weekend,looking forward to this :lol:

Looking good for a Fantastic Friday at Bury Town Hall

I'm sure all the dj's have something good in store for us so lets make this Friday a Soul Masterpiece

Hi Steve

Ave gud un at the 'Dab' tonite dont forget to shout it out...........

ATB

Bazza

Hi Baz

Yes, Dab was a good n and shout outs for Bury were politely mentioned by my goodself :thumbup:

Enjoyed playing some bits n bobs but Mr Lucas was not enamoured with my Billy Hawks LP track :thumbup:

See you Friday

Cheers

Steve

isn't that the instrumental to "love is the thing" used to have it on an old dave withers tape,very atmospheric wink.gif

Hi Mick....that's the one. A few turned up a few yaers ago but dont see it listed these days another one of those ripe for reactivation........

Guest Drewes

Mick is it you thats on under the 'assumed' name Mike Howard??? If so great and please bring Chaumonts - love is the thing with you. What an awesome record that is!!

Love this one... such a fun tune. See you friday

Sonia and Diddy

Looks like its gonna be a reet gud neet great to see Soul Sam added really lookin forward to Fri me n Jane are gonna go for some scramm first any of you local Buryittes know any good eatin houses.

Ian & Jane

xx

Hi Ian,not sure on places to eat out,the rock is probably your best bet to find something.The new shopping centre there recently opened,is Phil T coming with you?

Looks like its gonna be a reet gud neet great to see Soul Sam added really lookin forward to Fri me n Jane are gonna go for some scramm first any of you local Buryittes know any good eatin houses.

Ian & Jane

xx

Depends what you want.

Decent curry house 5 minutes walk-Jewel in the Crown

Coupla Italians near the Fusiliers Museum- Silver Street??

And of course the old stand by Wetherspoons new 'un The Art House, opp bus station.

Take it easy

Tony

Ian & Jane

xx

Nice one Ian....c u Friday:thumbsup:

Guest JIM BARRY

Big Phil & family are still on holiday in their Villa ....Oh how the other half live !!!!!!!!!

I might have a weekend in doomsday lodge blackpoo:lol:

or alternativley for a man with a discerning palate such as your's ian.........burger king.:thumbsup:

or alternativley for a man with a discerning palate such as your's ian.........burger king.:hatsoff2:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When u used to visit my loft Jim buying rare 45,s i dined in the finest restuarants around ..he he