• Replies 20
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest martyn

Any ideas? Spooky & Sue - I've got the need (Belgian decca with pic sleeve). Had it a few times but never with the sleeve. Got to be worth £20?

Would have thought double that myself , a few about ,but doesn't come up that often , would have put the Negram (sp?) label at £15 - £20 (?)

Social source share

Would have thought double that myself , a few about ,but doesn't come up that often , would have put the Negram (sp?) label at £15 - £20 (?)

picked one up last year on Negram in a junk shop for 10p ....... I'd have thought it was worth at least 10 times the price I paid :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest martyn

picked one up last year on Negram in a junk shop for 10p ....... I'd have thought it was worth at least 10 times the price I paid :hatsoff2:

Did it get booted on Negram ? I seem to remember Ken Cox's record stall at his nighters selling them ?

Social source share

Guest martyn

Yes it did, pink label, from the same source as Donna King, Tommy Bush, Tommy Sands etc

There were some legit releases of it on Negram too , Orange label (?) , I just remember thinking they must be boots if KC was flogging them .

Still think 20 quid would be a steal for a Philips picture cover though .

Edited by martyn
Social source share

There were some legit releases of it on Negram too , Orange label (?) , I just remember thinking they must be boots if KC was flogging them .

Still think 20 quid would be a steal for a Philips picture cover though .

He also used to do a list, this was 1987-89 time, every week he had the same originals for sale, and I mean for a year running: Gil Blanding "Rules" and that awful King Tutt record. he must have had thousands of them, it became a joke that we knew what was on the list before opening the envelope.

Social source share

Guest martyn

He also used to do a list, this was 1987-89 time, every week he had the same originals for sale, and I mean for a year running: Gil Blanding "Rules" and that awful King Tutt record. he must have had thousands of them, it became a joke that we knew what was on the list before opening the envelope.

The only time I ever bought an original off his stall was in about 1980 at The Fleet . For some reason he had 3 copies of Flame & King on NYCS on his stall for 2 quid a piece .Why / How / Where he got them god only knows but I wish I'd have bought the other 2 as well

Social source share

Any ideas? Spooky & Sue - I've got the need (Belgian decca with pic sleeve). Had it a few times but never with the sleeve. Got to be worth £20?

Have seen it for as much as 75 quid but I think 20-30 is reasonable.. In my experience the belgian one is harder to find than the dutch release on Negram, especially with an intact pic cover.

Speaking of picture cover: If anyone is having a belgian decca copy w/out pic sleeve. I have a spare sleeve for sale. Anyone?

Social source share

The price is one thing, trying to find someone who wants is the other

Guess you're right :thumbsup:

To me it brings back many happy memories from when I was a regular DJ on the german Scooter scene. It was a big tune for myself for some time as an alternative to Chuck Jackson (which was massive at that time).

Social source share

The only time I ever bought an original off his stall was in about 1980 at The Fleet . For some reason he had 3 copies of Flame & King on NYCS on his stall for 2 quid a piece .Why / How / Where he got them god only knows but I wish I'd have bought the other 2 as well

Why and where these records finish up is beyond me. I know an old mate of mine, Graham Cooper, picked a copy of the Flame & King on Shirebrook market-place for pennies when it was still covered up back in the day.

Keeping on thread though, I'd say the S & S with picture sleeve would be a steal at 20 quid - my brother got a bit more than that a couple of years ago. Still hugely popular at East Mids oldies doos.

Social source share

Guest martyn

The price is one thing, trying to find someone who wants is the other, had about 5 of them in stock at £20 for years, never sold it:lol:

Suprised at that , looks like I over egged it at 40 quid then

Social source share

:thumbsup: Hi Pete yes it's got to be £20 by now east my copy is on Dutch Negram with PC however I dont think that would effect the price? but I got to say every advert I have seen mentions the Belgium copy, I like to follow the Chuck Jackson All Platingham Orig with S&S thay are both as good and should be spun again:ph34r: DAVE

i

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi Pete yes it's got to be £20 by now east my copy is on Dutch Negram with PC however I dont think that would effect the price? but I got to say every advert I have seen mentions the Belgium copy, I like to follow the Chuck Jackson All Platingham Orig with S&S thay are both as good and should be spun again:ph34r: DAVE

i

:thumbsup: HI ALL....FOUND IT!!!!

post-13241-079471700 1282333143_thumb.jp JUST PLAYED IT AGAIN. IT'S GOT FRIDAY NIGHT MUST PLAY OZEUNG FROM IT!11SO COME ON SOMEONE GIVE IT A SPIN THIS WEEKENDJ PLEASE!:yes: DAVE KIL

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....FOUND IT!!!!

post-13241-079471700 1282333143_thumb.jp JUST PLAYED IT AGAIN. IT'S GOT FRIDAY NIGHT MUST PLAY OZEUNG FROM IT!11SO COME ON SOMEONE GIVE IT A SPIN THIS WEEKENDJ PLEASE!:thumbsup: DAVE KIL

The Belgian pic is a bit different to that, full colour blow up of the photo in the middle.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!