Gorgeous Apartment To Rent In The Lake District

Hi

For those of you who read my House Swopping thread you'll know that we spend a week in an apartment in the lakes that was owned by the lovely Jaco on here.

We absolutely loved the place & having spoken to Jaco this morning he is prepared to rent it out to other soul sourcers. He dosent use it as much himself now as his kids have got a bit older & want to do their own thing & so it is available quite a bit of the time.

It is a very spacious 1st floor apartment in a very gorgeous Victorian property that used to be an hospital. Theres 19 apartments in the property & it is in a very secluded & beautiful part of the country, a place called Meathop,which is about 2 miles from Grange Over Sands (which is a lovely place) & about 6 miles from the Southern tip of the lakes.

The apartment is lovely & has a double bedroom,bunks in the other bedroom & a sofa bed in the living room. It very comfortably sleeps 6 as the living room is large & there is another sofa in there. The charge is £45.00 per night.

I've got lots of photos & videos of the place,I'll try & post some up if I get chance. Theres lots to do & our kids loved it (age 9 & 7). Anyone wanting any more info please pm me or Jaco.

Kx

• Replies 7
  • Views 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-12963-023781100 1282762749_thumb.jppost-12963-047470200 1282762704_thumb.jppost-12963-017567300 1282762639_thumb.jppost-12963-087819600 1282762592_thumb.jppost-12963-007510300 1282762537_thumb.jp

Heres some piccies of the apartment x

Oh they're lovely K & at £45 per night (sleeping 6) very competitive considering how much you can pay for a hotel room.

:lol: Erm if Rosemary reads this, do you think this would be ideal for our get away with our Bradford brothers, cos I do :thumbsup:

K do you know if pets are allowed ? One little dog that is more well behaved than her owner :yes:

xxx

Looks fab,how far is the Pub and paper shop etc away. Graham.

There's a small hotel 100 yards away - The Woodlands - which has a bar open to non-residents which is perfectly ok for a quick pint.

The nearest pubs, both of which serve food are The Lindale Arms in the village of Lindale and The Derby Arms in the village of Witherslack. I would guess that they are both just over a mile away.

For newspapers you can order them the day before at the caravan park which is about 300 yards away. This is what we do when we go.

Other than that there are newsagents in Grange over Sands which is about 2 miles away.

Pets,I havent got a clue hun,you are the second person to ask,you'd have to ask Jaco.

We drank in the Woodlands once,it was nice & we ate twice at the Lindale Inn,the food was gorgeous,especially the Sunday dinners:yes:

Grange Over sands has some lovely shops with food to die for,theres an award winning pie shop & bakers & a ice cream farm near the apartment.

During the day we went to the beach a couple of times,Windermere (the drive up the side of the lake is gorgeous), & a couple of really good adventure parks within visitors centres.

Theres a tourist information in Grange Over Sands with lots on offer to do,we just wish we'd gone longer :rolleyes: .

We only went out a couple of times on a night having 2 young uns,instead we just ate & drank in the apartment,theres quite a big selection of dvds,board games & toys for the kids there,which was a nice suprise x

• 5 months later...