Manhattan Club - Harrogate

Well Phil.. .all I can say is "Well done"!!! :lol:

With some trepidation about the late notice, and from a very quiet launch, I did not expect this to turn out to be as good as it was.

Given that we were worried that nobody would turn up - what with othere things being on and Brighouse the night before, I was somewhat sceptical whether it has been a good decision... :yes:

However once the vistors from York and Burnley started rolling in it began to take on the look of a much more promising night than expected.

By the end of the evening it was obvious that great enjoyment was had by many - specially as so many commented how good it was, with requests for the date for the next one.

It was great to see people not wanting to leave and happy to sit around and chat afterwards.... always a good sign in my book.

An excellent turn-out for a first night, a great range of "dancing" sounds, superb dancefloor, and more importanly - a really nice friendly crowd, some of whom obviously enjoyed coming back to this cracking litlle club.

Thanks to every one who attended and to the very hospitable landlord.

It seems to me that you have the right recipe to make this a regular and really enjoyable event..... A great start! well done - looking forward to the next one. :lol:

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks Al, I couldn't have done it without you and the lovely Lynn, so all credit to you both for saving my bacon. I agree entirely with what you have posted, I was genuinely humbled by a really friendly and appreciative crowd of soul fans that turned up to have a dance and enjoy themselves. Also agree that the manager is a real nice guy, and genuinely wants to help.....great venue, and a good start....just looking at dates now for the next one.....very tricky with so much on.

On a personal note, thanks to Ian Kinmond [spelling?] and his lovely missus for traveling over from my neck of the woods to support us......but what made the night special for me, was my good friends Kev & Wendy Fearnhead coming all the way down from Cumbria to see me......that was a lovely surprise thanks guys.

Phil.

GLAD ALL WENT WELL PHIL SOUNDS AS THO MISSED A GOOD NIGHT WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IF NOT FOR WORK.....

LET US KNOW NEXT DATE WITH PLENTY WARNING ( WORK EVERY OTHER WKND)........:rolleyes:

DALE

Edited by Dale

Cheers Dale, I'm looking at the 25th of September. I know that clashes with Skeggy but the folk who attended on Saturday all said they weren't going there, and Ray only has 2 dates next month, and the other date clashes with other local do's......it's the usual scenario.....too much on, not enough weekends.

Phil.