Soul in the City

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Anyone else going tonight??

My last chance for some quality soul before going on holiday.

Also brought in my Valerie Lamar single, so will be pleading with the guys to give it a spin.

• Replies 4
  • Views 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Have a good one Mikey, fraid I cant make it tonight, got to take baby brat to cadets and then meet someone up my other house to lay new carpets, got to get the bugger sold asap so I can cross a few more off my wants list ;-)))

Hi Mikey,

I will be there tonight and look forward to hearing the Valerie Lamar record, you told me about it at TOS last month.

Need some good soul music to cheer me up after returning to work from sick leave.

Sorry you can't make it Janine, have fun.

Guest toby

Hi Mickey is the Valerie Lammar "Got to get away" on Dee Dee a Detroit tune a great record,been looking for about 5 years now for one.how much??.

Guest in town Mikey

Been told Dee Dee is a Chicago label. Having a real problem tracking info down. But it seems to have emerged from a band callinging themselves the gems (not - I'll be there group). Ray Pettis recorded at least 2 tracks on the label which is owned by co - gem Bobby Robinson. Dont know Got to get away. I do know it is Dee Dee 113. Tried to get hold of a copy too, but it is veryhard.

I took - Shame/I dont want your lovin, (dee dee 131) down to TOS. Seemed to go down OK. Maybe needs a few more plays to really catch on.