Lowton Civic Hall - End Of An Era

Guest sharynm

Guest sharynm

END OF AN ERA. IT'S THE LAST LOWTON SOUL SESSION ON THE 10TH OF SEPTEMBER

Due to circumstances beyond our control, this willo be the LAST EVER soul night run by the current promoters

BE EARLY it will be a packer! please also note that it kicks off this month at 8.00pm not 9.00pm as usual and not the 9.00pm that is stated on the flyers.

DJ's to include

Steve Pownall, Jimmy Cowburn

Les Harrison and Kev McCue

Ian Cunliffe and Dean Mitchell

Bob Hindsley and Barry Maleady

Andy Dyson and Mick H

Steve Thomas and Chris King

and I'm sure Mr Murphy will be playing a few tunes.........if he can still see and get the decks going the right way!!

Admission £6.00

Lowton Civic Hall

Hesketh Meadow lane

Lowton WA3 2AH

01942 672971

• Replies 52
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Shaz, SAD news about this great venue, i can still remember the first one there 14 and a half years ago.

Anyway lets give Mr MURPHY the best send off he truly deserves!!!!!!!

There's also the second room

"ROOM WITH A VIEW"

with the usual suspects residences

KARL RHODES, STEVO GREEN and BOB CORNOCK with our last ever guests

ANDY DYSON, MICK H and BIG GEORGE MAHOOD.

Yes the very last Lowton. Dont miss this one!!!!!!

END OF AN ERA. IT'S THE LAST LOWTON SOUL SESSION ON THE 10TH OF SEPTEMBER

Due to circumstances beyond our control, this willo be the LAST EVER soul night run by the current promoters

BE EARLY it will be a packer! please also note that it kicks off this month at 8.00pm not 9.00pm as usual and not the 9.00pm that is stated on the flyers.

DJ's to include

Steve Pownall, Jimmy Cowburn

Les Harrison and Kev McCue

Ian Cunliffe and Dean Mitchell

Bob Hindsley and Barry Maleady

Andy Dyson and Mick H

Steve Thomas and Chris King

and I'm sure Mr Murphy will be playing a few tunes.........if he can still see and get the decks going the right way!!

Admission £6.00

Lowton Civic Hall

Hesketh Meadow lane

Lowton WA3 2AH

01942 672971

I RECONE MR MURPHY WILL BE SPINNING BACKWARDS BY THE END OF THE NIGHT LOL

LOADS OF TAFFYS COMING UP FOR THIS PLUS A GOOD FEW FROM ROUND ABOUTS, I FEEL A CUNNING PLAN COMING ON LOL :yes::no::thumbsup: GONNA BE ONE HELLOFFA NITE ROLLER COASTER RIDE !!!

Guest rosemary

What a great night this is going to be :yes:

It will also be very sad but here's hoping you will all be there to give it the send off it so rightly deserves.

Lowton has given the soul scene some very special nights over the years - it is only right to return the favour.

Be there!!!!

Quite a few of us from Bradford are coming over for thisyes.gif........ I've had some great nights here and as Joan says 'give it the send off it so rightly deserves'thumbsup.gif

Rosemary x

Guest bobwartcock

All roads lead to Lowton this Friday for the very last timesad.gif and what some guests we have got in Room With A View starting with 2 real heavyweights of the soul scene Mr Andrew Dawson and Mick H could not think of two better dj's and better guys to finish at the last Room With A View at Lowtonyes.gif and an added bonus Manchester secret weapon Mr Big George Mohammed, WOW what a night this is going to bethumbup.gifthink i,ll leave my tunes in the box and listen to thyese 3 guys allnight....

This is not the end of Room With A Viewno.gif Karl,Steve and Brother Wartcock will be moving to Bury Town Hall sometime in the new year,so there you have it folks see you all Friday night Brother Wartcock........

Guest bobwartcock

Quite a few of us from Bradford are coming over for thisyes.gif........ I've had some great nights here and as Joan says 'give it the send off it so rightly deserves'thumbsup.gif

Rosemary x

thumbup.gif

Guest bobwartcock

We are really looking forward to Friday. A bit sad it's the last one though.

Hotel booked, will try and get up there nice and early so we don't miss a minute of it.

Val & Elaine

Looking forward to seeing you both Friday i may even strip off for Elaine some time during the night as i know how much she appeciates a mature body in tip top conditiontongue.gif

Edited by bobwartcock
Guest bobwartcock

I RECONE MR MURPHY WILL BE SPINNING BACKWARDS BY THE END OF THE NIGHT LOL

LOADS OF TAFFYS COMING UP FOR THIS PLUS A GOOD FEW FROM ROUND ABOUTS, I FEEL A CUNNING PLAN COMING ON LOL :yes:no.gif:thumbsup: GONNA BE ONE HELLOFFA NITE ROLLER COASTER RIDE !!!

Really looking forward to catching up with you mate and those people who will be coming with you from that lovely little island tell them all the man with the golden voice will be coming to see them allhypo.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by bobwartcock

All roads lead to Lowton this Friday for the very last time:sad: and what some guests we have got in Room With A View starting with 2 real heavyweights of the soul scene Mr Andrew Dawson and Mick H could not think of two better dj's and better guys to finish at the last Room With A View at Lowton:yes: and an added bonus Manchester secret weapon Mr Big George Mohammed, WOW what a night this is going to be:thumbup:think i,ll leave my tunes in the box and listen to thyese 3 guys allnight....

This is not the end of Room With A View:no: Karl,Steve and Brother Wartcock will be moving to Bury Town Hall sometime in the new year,so there you have it folks see you all Friday night Brother Wartcock........

===========================================================================================================================

Blimey Bob who the hell is Andrew Dawson ... not another Gloucster spinner is he !!!

Should go well down here in Lowton Dawson is the leading pie maker around these parts he he

A real shame its the last LOWTON and ROOM WITH A VIEW sad.gif but with the guests we got were defo going out in style so see you all on the 10th SEPTEMBER and DONT FORGET WE ARE STARTING AT 8PMthumbup.gif

Hiya Steve, finally found your track listing so will bring it with me, and show you what ive marked off (as theres too many to write here!)

We are all getting there earlier (that's if i can get ready on time!!) see you friday bud.

Hiya Steve, finally found your track listing so will bring it with me, and show you what ive marked off (as theres too many to write here!)

We are all getting there earlier (that's if i can get ready on time!!) see you friday bud.

yep see ya's friday its my turn to do the first hour so try and get there early if ya canthumbsup.gif

===========================================================================================================================

Blimey Bob who the hell is Andrew Dawson ... not another Gloucster spinner is he !!!

Should go well down here in Lowton Dawson is the leading pie maker around these parts he he

I was also wondering who George Mohammed was.........see ya Friday!!

All roads lead to Lowton this Friday for the very last timesad.gif and what some guests we have got in Room With A View starting with 2 real heavyweights of the soul scene Mr Andrew Dawson and Mick H could not think of two better dj's and better guys to finish at the last Room With A View at Lowtonyes.gif and an added bonus Manchester secret weapon Mr Big George Mohammed, WOW what a night this is going to bethumbup.gifthink i,ll leave my tunes in the box and listen to thyese 3 guys allnight....

As-Salaamu-Alaykum, Bob - I look forward to seeing you down there for a few lassi's once I'm finished at the mosque. Until then, don't dig on swine.

cheers,

George

"ROOM WITH A VIEW"

DJ TIMES

8.00 - 9.00 STEVO GREEN

9.00 - 10.00 BOB CORNOCK

10.00 - 11.00 ANDY DYSON

11.00 - 12.00 MICK H

12.00 - 1.00 GEORGE MAHOOD

1.00 - 1.50 KARL RHODES

1.50 - 2.00 BOB, STEVO & KARL

INTO MAIN ROOM FOR KEVS FAIRWELL !!!!!!

See you all Friday, for our last visit to this great venue, it's been superb over the years, thank you for putting it on, I'll certainly miss my monthly outing up to Lowton.

Guest bobwartcock

As-Salaamu-Alaykum, Bob - I look forward to seeing you down there for a few lassi's once I'm finished at the mosque. Until then, don't dig on swine.

cheers,

George

As-Salaamu-Alaykum, Brother George looking forward to you destroing it with some tasty joints go in peace my brother.....

Guest bobwartcock

Three lost souls once again traveling from the east.

Gonna be sad, but with a top night in the offering sure it's gonna go out with a big,big bang!!!

And a warm welcome awaits my long distance travellers in our little chappel of soul.... Uncle Bobthumbsup.gif

Hope everyone turns up for the final curtain at Lowton,had some cracking nights at the Civic over the years,the great new years eve partys etc

hats of to Kev Murphy,we will give the send off you deserve mate

Till Friday

B Good

Mick H

Edited by ruppy
Guest bobwartcock

See you all Friday, for our last visit to this great venue, it's been superb over the years, thank you for putting it on, I'll certainly miss my monthly outing up to Lowton.

BROTHER SAYIN SUMMAT THERE MIND....yes.gif

Guest bobwartcock

Hope everyone turns up for the final curtain at Lowton,had some cracking nights at the Civic over the years,the great new years eve partys etc

hats of to Kev Murphy,we will give the send off you deserve mate

Till Friday

B Good

Mick H

BROTHER SAYIN SUMMAT THERE MIND....yes.gif

Guest rosemary

CANT WAIT FOR TOMMORROW NIGHT, CATCHING UP WITH MY BRADFORD PALS AND

ALL THOSE LOVELY WARRINGTON LADS,

SEE YOU ALL FRIDAY

JANETTE X

see you tomorrow night Janette:yes:......

Really looking forward to catching up with you mate and those people who will be coming with you from that lovely little island tell them all the man with the golden voice will be coming to see them allhypo.gifthumbsup.gif

looking forward to seeing Brother Bob un the glawster mob on friday tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I'm also gutted I can't be there to say a fond soul farewell to this special place .

I know you all will give it a send off it just deserves:thumbup:.

Willie

we will mate and don't forget we will be doing it all again in the new year at bury town hall av a good weekend will thumbsup.gif

A real shame its the last LOWTON and ROOM WITH A VIEW sad.gif but with the guests we got were defo going out in style so see you all on the 10th SEPTEMBER and DONT FORGET WE ARE STARTING AT 8PMthumbup.gif

Hi Steve,

Nina's got the kidz - I've got 'the pass! - So hopefully see you early doors.

All the best,

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order!!!"

Source Advert