Please Help Me Identify A Record

Tommaso

Hi everybody,

Bit of a toughie here (I suppose).

I was at the 100 club in August and was impressed by a record played by Butch in his first set, 60s uptempo girl track, only thing I understood by listening to him talking at the mic is that it's from Texas, could well be one of his current C/Us, I remember asking a couple mates and nobody knew it.

Any help??

Thanks!

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi everybody,

I was at the 100 club in August and was impressed by a record played by Butch in his first set, 60s uptempo girl track, only thing I understood by listening to him talking at the mic is that it's from Texas, could well be one of his current C/Us, I remember asking a couple mates and nobody knew it.

Any help??

Thanks!

Hi, wasn't there but my guess would be Cressa Watson's version of salvation on Charay ?

Social source share

Hi everybody,

Any help??

Thanks!

Anything like this

rita lee - salvation -

Then it's Cressa Watson biggrin.gif

Social source share

Cresa Watson - shit rare version I believe and very very good..

One went through ebay last year for about $120 - I was the second bidder, the listing had a sound file and sounded 10 times better than the Robert Thomas version, didn't know it was so rare :hatsoff2:

Social source share

:hatsoff2:

Tell me about it! I'm just a tight fisted yorkshireman.

Found the email from the snipe service (item listing long gone) from January 2009:

Description: CRESA WATSON Salvation CHARAY Northern Soul 45 Listen! Your Max Bid: 117.00

Quantity: 1

Auction Item Link: https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170291858167

The Results of your bid:

============================

Bid was not high enough

Social source share

One went through ebay last year for about $120 - I was the second bidder, the listing had a sound file and sounded 10 times better than the Robert Thomas version, didn't know it was so rare :hatsoff2:

Yeh but hardly difference with the Rita Lee ? and you don't see them every day ! biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!