Lenny Dopson's 40Th @ 'silks' Wellingborough

Len

Cliff Steel is kindly organising a 40th Birthday Party for me here in 'Sunny' Wellingborough @ 'SILKS' 27, Midland Road, NN8 1HF on Sat 25th September 8.00pm - 2.00am.

It will be nice to see everyone at the same venue as it doesn't happen that often nowadays what with there being so much choice of places to go for your 'Soul Fix'

DJ's - Cliff Steel and guests Mick H - Andy 'Tats' Taylor - Robbo - Val - Dave Vanner - David Hayden, and 'The Banbury Boys'

'Free Entry' - Everyone very welcome!

For obvious reasons, we have to restrict numbers coming back to our house afterwards to folk that are 'Booked in' to stay the night. (Thanks in advance for respecting this)

***There should be a funny surprise in the foyer as you walk in - Not to be taken seriously!***

All the best,

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order!!!"

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

well Len,not long left to say goodbye to the 30,s and welcome to the over 40,s mate,as rod says you were it well,gonna be one hell of a party.till 25th B Good..Sinore mick

Guest Northern PhanTom

Have a good birthday bash Lenny, thanks for the invite but Therese & I are on vacation from that Saturday.

A true pioneer of the Northants' Rare Soul Scene and one that gave us many a special night down at "The Embankment Club". :D

Catch you at "The Pembo" next week.

Regards

Tom :D

Hi Len,

it's Woody from Doncaster, don't know if you remember me, me you & Ben Gun spent most of the afternoon chatting at an all-dayer organised by Johnny Red Pants at Rushden a couple of year's ago.

Anyway Len hope you have a great 40th & a fantastic day at Wellinborough :thumbsup:, best wishes & regards, Woody :yes:

Hi Woody,

Yes I remember mate! - Poor you listening to us all day! lol.

Maybe catch up again somewhere soon.

All the best,

Len.

Cliff Steel is kindly organising a 40th Birthday Party for me here in 'Sunny' Wellingborough @ 'SILKS' 27, Midland Road, NN8 1HF on Sat 25th September 8.00pm - 2.00am.

It will be nice to see everyone at the same venue as it doesn't happen that often nowadays what with there being so much choice of places to go for your 'Soul Fix'

DJ's - Cliff Steel and guests Mick H - Andy 'Tats' Taylor - Robbo - Val - Dave Vanner - David Hayden, and 'The Banbury Boys'

'Free Entry' - Everyone very welcome!

For obvious reasons, we have to restrict numbers coming back to our house afterwards to folk that are 'Booked in' to stay the night. (Thanks in advance for respecting this)

***There should be a funny surprise in the foyer as you walk in - Not to be taken seriously!***

All the best,

Len.

Len,

were both looking forward to yr special birthday night, and having 'fun' with Mick H, Vanners, Nicola & Gilly, Cliff and all the gang :lol:

Best

Molly & Lorraine x

Oh! Len! Is it your birthday???

I'd never have guessed. Well I wouldn't if it hadn't been for the the months of intensive market research, the 'save the date' series of emails a year before, the phone calls, texts & letters, the flyer(s), posters, soul source thread, and quick nervous mention last week at Tef's :thumbsup:

Now hold on, I'm just speculating here, but are you... a Virgo by any chance?

See you next week then. Make sure Silks is freshly cleaned & hoovered Dopson else I'll make you do the party in your vest & pants. Oh, and we're all kipping at yours. And I've invited your Dad to do a DJ spot of clown & circus-related northern from 11pm - midnight, he's very excited. And just to confirm what I've told everyone - the dress code is definitely a fusion of Harlequn / Pierrot & Stephen King's IT?

Can't wait :wave:

Tee x

Oh! Len! Is it your birthday???

I'd never have guessed. Well I wouldn't if it hadn't been for the the months of intensive market research, the 'save the date' series of emails a year before, the phone calls, texts & letters, the flyer(s), posters, soul source thread, and quick nervous mention last week at Tef's :thumbsup:

Now hold on, I'm just speculating here, but are you... a Virgo by any chance?

Can't wait :shades:

Tee x

Hi Theresa,

Yes, I realise I'm not known as 'Laid Back Len' am I? - Spare a thought for me though my freind - It's not easy being me, in fact it's bl*ody exhausting at times...No 'Strike' that ' I mean - All the time! - I just hope my 40's will be a wee bit more relaxed than my 'INTENSE' 30's - They have to be or I may implode! - I wouldn't change me a bit though, yes I would, just to get a decent nights sleep!!!

All the best,

Len. x

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order"

Hi Len.

I've been "told" by Jo Brock that Phil Shields is flying into Leeds, hiring a car, picking up Jo from York and popping down to pick me up on the way to help you celebrate your birthday...:thumbsup:

Neither Phil or I would dare refuse, so see you next Saturday...:shades:

Blimey, that's a great effort! - It's free to get in at least!...Why do people keep saying to me "We're gonna need a bigger boat" (Venue)?! lol. If need be 'SILKS' has a partition door that can be slid open to double the size of the venue. You can never tell how many will turn up till the night though. This event is obviously to mark the occasion (My 40th) But it is also a promotion for 'SILKS' as a soul night - Hence 'Everyone welcome' ...

...Theresa, do you think I should hire a spare venue - Just in case?!!! (You know that has actually crossed my mind!) - Told you - Exhausting being me!...

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order"

Hi Len,

Looking forward to kicking off your Birthday Bash @ Silks with Charlie. You are probably thinking "do I DJ on this night?"

The answer is Yes Please. We all need one of those memorable Lenny DJ slots just like at the Embankment.

For me personally, I would like that slot to be early. You know the reason why - I just love all those great mid-tempo soulful numbers you introduced to me over many, many happy years.

See you Saturday.

Cheers.................. Tom. Banbury.

Hi Len,

Looking forward to kicking off your Birthday Bash @ Silks with Charlie. You are probably thinking "do I DJ on this night?"

The answer is Yes Please. We all need one of those memorable Lenny DJ slots just like at the Embankment.

For me personally, I would like that slot to be early. You know the reason why - I just love all those great mid-tempo soulful numbers you introduced to me over many, many happy years.

See you Saturday.

Cheers.................. Tom. Banbury.

Bless ya Tom! - But as you well know, I take my DJing far too seriously and need weeks to 'Prepare' - I just want to enjoy the night with everyone...Mind you my records are only up the road.....lol...

All the best,

Len.

ps - Midtempo on your radio station tonight mate.

"I'm so purist I only play Original Vinyl in my car!!!"

Bless ya Tom! - But as you well know, I take my DJing far too seriously and need weeks to 'Prepare' - I just want to enjoy the night with everyone...Mind you my records are only up the road.....lol...

All the best,

Len.

Cant wait for this night mate . Silks will be packed to the rafters . It is a shame you not Dj ing but i know what your like with your preparations and yes you would need weeks.

Hey what a shame your navigational skills dont match your "planning of your sets! ha - ha . At least you dont need to set the sat nav this week.

That tune you played after the Volumes last week was blinding!!

See ya Saturday mate and if you need a lift let me know lol

Andy

Len,

were both looking forward to yr special  birthday night, and having 'fun' with Mick H, Vanners, Nicola & Gilly, Cliff and all the gang :thumbsup:' />

Best

Molly & Lorraine x

Yes Molly we are also looking forward to Saturday. Celebrating with young Lenny and catching up with friends, it is looking to be a top night.

And don't forget to reserve Gilly's parking space for him please Lenny.

See you saturday

All the best,

Len.

len, bob says enjoy your nite and leave your records up the road ,see you about 6 round yours, signed jackie wilson

Hi Lenny,Brother Wartcock here just wanna say congrats for Saturday and also from the rest of the Worzelstongue.gif looking forward to seeing ya Saturday night thumbsup.gif

Cheers Bro! - For those of you that have had any concerns about numbers, I have hired a really good dance floor which is being polished after fitting to double the size at 'SILKS'. The dance floor will now go all the way to the partition wall, which will be taken away so the size of the room will also be doubled and the other bar will be opened if need be.

See you at the dance!

Len.

Guest Karen Heath

Hi Len,

I forgot to thank you for your invite-through the post as well! Very retro-I love that in the modern day of texts and t'internet-much more exciting! We are still trying to juggle things to make it to your party-will go and do more juggling right now but hope to see you tomorrow *

*I know you look forward to seeing Victor for a birthday cuddle. :lol:

We're all looking forward to tomorrow night Len. It's going to be a cracking night, everybody is well up for it. Great spot on Tuesday on Shades of Soul. Had lots of positive feed back about the tracks you played! Don't forget to tell everyone they can hear the show again on Sunday 12 - 2.00 on www.banburyinternetradio.com Their get another two hours of great Soul after Saturday night.

See you tomorrow.

Charlie Mc

LEN AND MYSELF SPENT A GOOD COUPLE OF HOURS LAST NIGHT GETTING THE ROOM LOOKING SPOT ON. NICE SHINEY EXTRA DANCE FLOOR LAID , EQUIPMENT ETC, READY TO GO ......... JUST ONE THING IF PEOPLE ARE GONNA USE THE TABLES AND CHAIRS CAN THEY PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DONT MOVE THEM :thumbup: IT TOOK US AGES TO GET THEM JUST RIGHT....HONESTLY ITS A WORK OF ART.. FANTASTIC !

SEE YOU ALL THERE :thumbsup:

It doesn't seem that long ago since you turned up at a Detroit Academicals soul night, wearing your parkah and looking young enough to have got half fare on the bus........... :lol:

Great to see that you've still got great taste in music.... but also glad to see you ditched the parkah.....:thumbsup:

I've dug deep to find some of your favourites from back in the day.... so bring your dancing shoes.... :hatsoff2:

See ya the birthday go-go

Had me tablets so will be on top form {get upstairs on my own} will be glad to spend my pension on a pot of tea for your birthday you deserve it. Hope you have a grand night, somehow I think you will.

I know you alredy had the big day but HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENNY

LANDYX