• Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

thats it , flights and digs sorted. looking forward to this,,,,,,

:ohmy:Hi Ashy1, If I were you I would contact Mick Bennet! coz I don't think this is the right date! :yes: as far as I am aware it is the 13th/14th May!!

that is what is posted on facebook! :yes: sorry to throw a spanner in the works! perhaps if you do contact him you could post the right date on here! :lol: it's a bit confusing!

JUST A POLITE GENTLE REMINDER ABOUT THIS LOVELY LITTLE WEEKENDER IN THE TORBAY RIVIERA!!

Dont forget apart from the Usual Resident Line Up

SEAN CHAPMAN re joins the Resident Line up after a 2 year break!!

and this year the EXTRA Special Guest......

SOUL SAM

Ginger Taylor is Reputed to be Sams Love Child!!!!! So a great Re Union for Father and Son :hatsoff2:

Flyer and Booking Details Below!!

post-1851-0-40767400-1296212955_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

JUST A POLITE GENTLE REMINDER ABOUT THIS LOVELY LITTLE WEEKENDER IN THE TORBAY RIVIERA!!

Dont forget apart from the Usual Resident Line Up

SEAN CHAPMAN re joins the Resident Line up after a 2 year break!!

and this year the EXTRA Special Guest......

SOUL SAM

Ginger Taylor is Reputed to be Sams Love Child!!!!! So a great Re Union for Father and Son :huh:

Flyer and Booking Details Below!!

post-1851-0-68039000-1300832330_thumb.jp

Guest Glawster

Shame wont be able to make it Sue DJing @ Porthcawl Pavillion on the Saturday!

Are you implying Sean WONT be at Torquay???

So are these posts sposed to plug the do in Wales or diss the Torquay weekend Mart :hatsoff2: ???

Neither Nige,just an observation - we would have been at Torquay if Sue wasnt in Wales :hatsoff2:

I thought Diss was in Norfolk?:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

For all those late deciders!!

Just a gentle reminder that the weekender is 13 thru 15 MAY 2011

All Hotel Accom now Sold Out ,,, but loada of Hotels / B&B s next to the Venue Complex

Always a Lovely Friendly Weekender ,, Nice Line Up ,

Extra Special Guest this Year ,,,, the Birthday Boy himself,,,,, SOUL SAM!!

Hope you can join us!!

post-1851-0-87303100-1303145449_thumb.jp

Edited by Nige Brown
Guest rach

Please can someone advise what time things start on Saturday morning / afternoon ? And if Saturday night passes still available ? biggrin.gif

Had a fab time at this event this weekend , I didn't actually go downstairs to the northern room at all , heard it was rammed.

Spent all my time souling upstairs listening to some great sounds along with using the hotel facilities of roof top pool and Spa , having my feet kissed by loads of little fish , enjoying the aztec indoor pool and jaccuzi .... oh yes then add to that the lovely little harbour , the best pint of guinness I have ever tasted loads of friendly people all added up to a 10/10 weekend ! I was asked where have you been many times by different people.....enjoying all the other facilities for a change and taking part in one of my fave pass times dozing off after a sun soaked guinness lunch.

Pictures to follow later ..........she was awesome .... dressed in deep dark black velvet with the creamiest neckline laced with a whirl of purple currant juice and a very errect straw in the middle !....the pint that is.

Lovely to see Soul Sam really enjoying his first visit to Torquay and seeing Ginger give Sam a most fitting tribute for all that Sam has done over the years progressing soul music.

Noticed many new faces , and also saw many securing their deposits for a place for next year :lol: its that good they don't have to advertise this event because they are assured people will return.

Only downside was the food , but then you have to take into account it is catering for the mass you can't expect too much I guess as everything is set in stone and organised months before within a very tight budget in order to keep the price as low as possible. If you are like me and like more of a choice you may well consider looking further a field for your food. I think next year we will try dining in the bistro that overlooks the aztec pool area , they have much more choice :lol: it will probibly cost a little more but will be worth it.

Tune of the weekend for me was Pete L's "Conquisatdors" and the R&B tune of the moment by Vivian Jones " Money can't buy my love" which I am sure we will be hearing more of in the coming months.

Weather was fantastic and you can see very much so that this little event is built with love , numbers are limited so that the organisers can meet and greet every person so that everyone that attends feels part of a get together community rather than be just part of a crowd of people.

I do have a question though..... why no one there ? I know it has a SITS history and many from SITS attended this event but as an ender ? It seems such a sad song ?

There must be other songs that would be more suitable as an ender? Happy one's :lol: ..

post-9590-0-89407800-1305657219_thumb.jp

Edited by Carms

totally agree with cams, except i lived downstairs fri and sat, thur and sun upstairs, first time at torquay but will not be the last, must be the best do ive been to for a long while,,,,,, roll on brid weekender,

thanks to all concerned.

Source Advert