Some Reasonably Priced Bits 'n' Bobs

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Back after a short break with a few more from the slowly-shrinking pile of dupes and records I've upgraded. Hopefully there'll be something for somebody here!:

IMMY HUGHES – IT'S AIN'T WHAT YOU GOT (ATLANTIC) EX £20.00

Monarch pressing i.e. styrene. Must be getting played at the moment as I've seen a few buying and selling it on here! This copy's had plenty of play but has plenty of life left in it as well...

BILL SPOON – LOVE IS ON THE WAY (HENSE FORTH) M - £15.00 SOLD

Ex shop stock, unplayed copy. Classic crossover sound that never loses its lustre!

WILLI J & CO – BOOGIE WITH YOUR BABY (KI KI) M- £35.00

SOLD

Hunted high and low in the attic for this when it was really in demand – typically it's finally turned up now. Anyone out there still looking for it at what is, I think, a fair and reasonable price? (A bit too bloody fair and reasonable judging by the amount of people who've wanted to buy it...

:hatsoff2: )

OTIS LEAVILL – NOBODY BUT YOU (SMASH) EX £20.00

Couldn't put a cigarette paper between this and Esther Phillips version in terms of quality! Nice copy, small DH but not through label copy on A side.

REVELATION – GET READY FOR THIS (RSO) M- £10.00

The vocal (of sorts) to the Brothers' "Are You Ready For This". Classy uptempo Philly-recorded gem, with gorgeous flipside, too. Unplayed ex-shop stock.

TED TAYLOR – YOU GIVE ME NOTHING TO GO ON (OKEH DEMO) EX++ £25.00 SOLD

One of Ted's best, and deservedly a new breed classic. Nice vinyl Okeh demo, clean as a whistle, only selling it because I bought it without realising that I already had it (damn those senior moments!) A truly thrilling R&B experience...

GEORGE STARDUST GREEN with HAROLD BETTERS – DO ANYTHING YOU WANNA (GATEWAY) – EX £20.00

The vocal to Betters' old UK Sue classic, sung over the same backing track. Used to be a stupendously rare record before the advent of eBay – took me nearly 30 years from hearing it to track down my first copy! Top Mod Jazz tune...

JERRY JACKSON – ARE YOU GLAD WHEN WE'RE APART/TELL HER JOHNNY SAID GOODBYE (COLUMBIA DEMO) EX++ £15.00

Pound for pound this great artist's best double sider, each side a Popcorn classic. Unfortunately someone's obliterated the label name with a black marker on both sides, but the record's in great shape otherwise. The apex of early 60s New York 'Big City Soul'...

TIMI YURO – WHAT'S A MATTER BABY (LIBERTY) VGish £8.00

...and arranged, written and produced by exactly the same team as this all time great was! Again here's a copy that's had lots of play, but still with plenty of turntable life left in it.

ELLA WASHINGTON – TOO WEAK TO FIGHT (SOUND STAGE 7) EX++ £10.00

What's the greatest record ever cut at FAME Studios? As far as I'm concerned, this could be it! The perfect blend of Southern Soul and midtempo crossover. Takes a lot to beat Clarence Carter's original, but this does and then some. No southern soul collection is complete without at least one copy (I've still got a demo and a stocker besides this one...)

BOBBY GARRETT – I CAN'T GET AWAY (MIRWOOD DEMO) EX- £10.00 SOLD

You know how people say 'plays better than it looks'? Well, this one looks better than it plays! It's what Mr. Smith might term a 'wounded record' – visually it's fine but it does have a small amount of distortion on the vocals. A good 'player-outer' though (if anyone still is playing it out, apart from Colonel Sanders) and a nice one for Mirwood demo collectors to file away next to their stocker!

P & P to UK £1.00 for first record, please add 25 pence per record if buying more than one.

P & P to elsewhere – I'll quote lowest possible price based on weight of package.

PayPal welcomed (preferred, even) as a gift, will supply address on receipt of confirmed order!

Thanks for looking -

TONE:thumbup:

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source