City Soul Leicester

Guest Northern PhanTom

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:excl: Thanks tom top tunes played by all the dj's last night :thumbsup: paying for it now legs are like they belong to some one else :lol: were was that sprung dance floor :lol: just come back from walking the dogs feel fine now :lol:

SOULFUN AND LOVE SAM EVANS

Edited by XSS
Guest DiddleyDi

hypo.gif Thanks tom top tunes played by all the dj's last night :lol: paying for it now legs are like they belong to some one else laugh.gif were was that sprung dance floor :thumbsup: just come back from walking the dogs feel fine now :rolleyes:

SOULFUN AND LOVE SAM EVANS

Sam - help me out pleeeease !!

You asked Soul Sam to play a record for you - think it was poss second from last on his spot upstairs - which I used to absolutely love and I cant for the life of me remember what it was called - shout it out loud ? Loved dancing to it - and have the chorus stuck in my head and it's driving me mad !!!!! helllp !!

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT CAME AND MADE IT A REALLY GREAT NIGHT WITH SUTCH A FRIENDLY VIBE

LEE JEFFRIES

Fantastic night Lee

Was a pleasure to meet you Steve

You really don't do things by half do you...this was one of the best venues i've been in for a very long time,how you managed to pull that one off on a Saturday night i'll never know.

The location was exquisite,almost surreal ....tucked somewhere behind the main centre ,a kind of quaint little village with Victorian shops and houses and this fanastic venue:ohmy: or did i just dream that up??

To be honest the lure of having Stu Mobbs making his dj debut and the Ripolles brothers on the roster was just too much to pass up and they did'nt disappoint!

Stu was on at 9pm and played a fantastic set of pure quality for what seemed like two hrs and oh did i enjoy that.

Clay Brown on aljon and the Scott three sounded awesome played out loud ,not to mention Flourescent smogg ,Clarence Coulter and Kings of Soul ,to mention but a few of my faves .

Sadly though Dave and Jordi were doing their 1st set of the night in the main room downstairs half way through Mobbsy's ,so i only caught half of that.

These two are firmly up there with the best of em and had the crowd eating out of their hands with a great mix of uptempo 60's to funky modern ....it kinda made me feel sick watching all those dancers giving it rock all to Four andantes ,volumes on Garu and yes ,believe it or not, Kings of soul on in two rooms at the same venue on the same night ....big tunes that i once had and let go :lol:

Got spoilt though cos they were on again for what must have been two hrs upstairs ....my feet were aching Sunday lads:D

Music aside, the company of Brett and Steve, Brigitte ,mick and mo ,Paul and Donna Havekin ,Stu and Flick ,Dave and Jordi and last but not least Steve and Lee ,made this a very special night indeed.(apologies if i missed others but im not good after 6pints )

Not sure how many were in attendance but numbers were good and especially as there were some well established venues on elsewhere.

Don't know if i could afford to do this every month but if it does become a regular event ,i'll do my best to make it down .

P.s the pictures on the flyer don't do the venue enough justice ..

it certainly beats those old workingmens club style venues for me ,any day of the week!

Fantastic night Lee

You really don't do things by half do you...this was one of the best venues i've been in for a very long time,how you managed to pull that one off on a Saturday night i'll never know.

The location was exquisite,almost surreal ....tucked somewhere behind the main centre ,a kind of quaint little village with Victorian shops and houses and this fanastic venue:ohmy: or did i just dream that up??

To be honest the lure of having Stu Mobbs making his dj debut and the Ripolles brothers on the roster was just too much to pass up and they did'nt disappoint!

Stu was on at 9pm and played a fantastic set of pure quality for what seemed like two hrs and oh did i enjoy that.

Clay Brown on aljon and the Scott three sounded awesome played out loud ,not to mention Flourescent smogg ,Clarence Coulter and Kings of Soul ,to mention but a few of my faves .

Sadly though Dave and Jordi were doing their 1st set of the night in the main room downstairs half way through Mobbsy's ,so i only caught half of that.

These two are firmly up there with the best of em and had the crowd eating out of their hands with a great mix of uptempo 60's to funky modern ....it kinda made me feel sick watching all those dancers giving it rock all to Four andantes ,volumes on Garu and yes ,believe it or not, Kings of soul on in two rooms at the same venue on the same night ....big tunes that i once had and let go :rolleyes:

Got spoilt though cos they were on again for what must have been two hrs upstairs ....my feet were aching Sunday lads:D

Music aside, the company of Brett and Steve, Brigitte ,mick and mo ,Paul and Donna Havekin ,Stu and Flick ,Dave and Jordi and last but not least Steve and Lee ,made this a very special night indeed.(apologies if i missed others but im not good after 6pints )

Not sure how many were in attendance but numbers were good and especially as there were some well established venues on elsewhere.

Don't know if i could afford to do this every month but if it does become a regular event ,i'll do my best to make it down .

it certainly beats those old workingmens club style venues for me ,any day of the week!

HI NEV

WHAT ROOM WAS I IN WHEN THE MODERN GOT PLAYED :lol: SOULFUN AND LOVE SAM EVANS

You asked Soul Sam to play a record for you - think it was poss second from last on his spot upstairs - which I used to absolutely love and I cant for the life of me remember what it was called - shout it out loud ? Loved dancing to it - and have the chorus stuck in my head and it's driving me mad !!!!! helllp !!

Motherfox - Fallen Into Love (Shabang)..............bet money on it!! :lol:

Cheers,

Mark R

:rolleyes: HELP ?...... IT WAS, MOTHERFOX - FALLEN INTO LOVE GREAT TUNEEEEEEEEEEE SAM ALWAYS PLAY'S THIS FOR ME, AS HE SAY'S FROM SAM TO SAM :lol:

Edited by XSS
Guest DiddleyDi

yes.gif HELP ?...... IT WAS, MOTHERFOX - FALLEN INTO LOVE GREAT TUNEEEEEEEEEEE SAM ALWAYS PLAY'S THIS FOR ME, AS HE SAY'S FROM SAM TO SAM :lol:

THATS IT !! Thank you for putting me out of my misery - i dont go to soul nights half as regulary as I would like these days and hence have not heard that tune for years - remember dancing to it early 80's at Clifton or Cleethorpes - happy days !! Thanks guys :rolleyes:

Fantastic night Lee

These two are firmly up there with the best of em and had the crowd eating out of their hands with a great mix of uptempo 60's to funky modern ....it kinda made me feel sick watching all those dancers giving it rock all to Four andantes ,volumes on Garu and yes ,believe it or not, Kings of soul on in two rooms at the same venue on the same night ....big tunes that i once had and let go :D

Many thanks Nev, glad you enjoyed it..:lol:

I have to say it was an absolute privilege to play a debut set in such a fantastic venue with so many appreciative and knowledgeable soul people in attendance, not to mention the incredible line of DJ's, quite humbling really...

Big thanks to Sam for strutting her stuff and to all those who took the time to introduce themselves and give positive feedback, it was very much appreciated...:yes:

IMO the whole promotion has the potential to compete with the best events in the UK, job well done Lee, keep it up....

Stuart

Many thanks Nev, glad you enjoyed it..:ohmy:

I have to say it was an absolute privilege to play a debut set in such a fantastic venue with so many appreciative and knowledgeable soul people in attendance, not to mention the incredible line of DJ's, quite humbling really...

Big thanks to Sam for strutting her stuff and to all those who took the time to introduce themselves and give positive feedback, it was very much appreciated...:lol:

IMO the whole promotion has the potential to compete with the best events in the UK, job well done Lee, keep it up....

Stuart

Heyup Stu

Credit where it's due....you did a cracking job ,but eh ,don't overdo the thankyou ,priveledged bit or you might come across as being just another "desperate dj" :D

And i for one know that could'nt be further from the truth :yes:

Let's hope it won't be too long before we catch up again :lol:

Thank You so Much Nev For The Rave Reviews and was great to meet you in person. we are 100% doing this again on a 3 month basis . but must agree the music was out of this world and all djs played there hearts out. to a great dancefloor reaction...

lee

Glad you had a good night Lee perhaps before you settle on a date for the next one might i suggest you have a look at the Nighter planner cause there were quite a few at Rugby that would have attended this and probably visa a versa:thumbsup:

hey all....good night or what,loved every minute of it...60s/70s ROOM DOWNSTAIRS....

from the start with ROB KAYE Playing Some Great Lesser Heard 60s,JOHN MANSHIPS unknown rare spot including THAT H. Hitson beat ballad that blow me away thro DAVE & JORDI RIPPOLES Outstanding Selection Of SoulFul 60s,SEAN CHAPMAN Filling The Floor To Bursting Point,Steve Guanori Playing A Super Quality Mixture Of 60s & 70s Floorpackers,SOUL SAM...From Impossibly Rare 60s Thr 70s Thro funk He Played Em All,NIGEL GRAHAM With A Brilliant Floorpacking Set Including Some Big RnB And Latin Monsters,Lastly LEE JEFFRIES & KENNY MAC Closing out With A 60s/70s oldie's weekender Style Set.

UPSTAIRS

70s & CROSSOVER ROOM

...Brilliant Starting With SPIVS Brilliant 70s Selection And With Mic Skills To Kill For,STUART MOBBS playing One Of The Best Super Rare And Unknown Crossover Sets EVER,KENNY MAC With A Selection Of 70s And Crossover Rareties We Would All Like To Own,SOUL SAM Treated Us To Many Of His Latest Discoveries Some Including Exclusives To This Venue As Just Aquired,DAVE & JORDI RIPPOLES With Another Selection Of Rare & Unknown 70s/80s Then Floor-packing Crossover Gems,Should Have Been ROB K Next But He Had To Leave So I Took The Helm And Played A Selection Of Rare And c/u Crossover 45s That seem To Be Appreciated So Thanks For That,SEAN CHAPMAN Took Us To Close With More Great 70s.....MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL THE DJS AND THE MANY WHO TRAVELED SO FAR TO ENJOY IT WITH US,A TRULY GREAT NIGHT OUT IN A 5 STAR VENUE.....TAKE A BOW SON YOU DID GOOD (lee)...WOW ALMOST TO GOOD REALLY AND ALREADY PLANNING THE NEXT ONE WATCH THIS SPACE.

....Much Love

Steve Jeffries