Mysterious Soul (Disco) Double Lp's From 1978

Pete S

Back in 1978 my Mom went to America and she bought me back some LP's she thought I might like. They were ok but I didn't really like them to be honest, but they are long, long gone and I can't even remember what they were called so I was hoping someone may know:

both were double LP's and both featured extended versions of soul/disco numbers segued into one another, but only about 3 tracks per side.

One one was from TK and it's related labels, the other was on the London label and included Al Green's "Full of fire".

I'm sorry those details are so sketchy!

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Pete,

I had both of them at one time but.. also tossed them.

The T.K. one was called "Disco Party"

The London one was "Star Discs".

I remember buying both as cutouts so copies should be easily found on e-bay if you want to see what they look like.

Thanks! I quite fancy having a 'disco party' :lol:

Social source share

Disco Party was a double LP on Marlin - all tracks were segued, and included things like "Best Disco In Town" by The Ritchie Family and "Gimme Some" by Jimmie Bo Horne. The front cover had super-imposed images of disco-type people in wing collars, flares and Travolta hairstyles.

During the early '80s you could get it as a cut-out for around £1.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Disco Party was a double LP on Marlin - all tracks were segued, and included things like "Best Disco In Town" by The Ritchie Family and "Gimme Some" by Jimmie Bo Horne. The front cover had super-imposed images of disco-type people in wing collars, flares and Travolta hairstyles.

During the early '80s you could get it as a cut-out for around £1.

Yes, seen it on ebay, still don't remember it having that cover, maybe I'm thinking of something else? I thought the cover was more like the TK 12" singles? Did it hav T Connection (do what you wanna do) on it?

n.b. could this be a reissue of it?

https://tcorrector.blogspot.com/2009/04/disco-party-best-of-tk-collection-1993.html

Social source share

Yes, seen it on ebay, still don't remember it having that cover, maybe I'm thinking of something else? I thought the cover was more like the TK 12" singles? Did it hav T Connection (do what you wanna do) on it?

n.b. could this be a reissue of it?

https://tcorrector.bl...ction-1993.html

Pete, this appears to be an exact reissue of the LP, albeit with a different cover.

Merely a case of repackaging sh*t as sugar and hoping for the best. laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!