Small Soulie World

Guest Matt Male

Guest mattmale

It's a small world.

I arrived in Toronto on Saturday to stay with the wife's family in Hamilton. Meet up with rest of family for supper on saturday night and got talking to her cousin. I mention i'm looking for some vinyl 45s while i'm out here and totally out of the blue he says 'Northern Soul?' I'm amazed and he tells me about a guy he works with called Bosko who's a massive collector. He says Bosko used to live in the UK and was recently working with someone in the UK on a book about rare soul.

Anyone know him or the book he was working on?

He's pointing me in the direction of some vinyl out here, and at the weekend i'm off to New York. So fingers crossed :ohmy:

Matt

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's a small world.

I arrived in Toronto on Saturday to stay with the wife's family in Hamilton. Meet up with rest of family for supper on saturday night and got talking to her cousin. I mention i'm looking for some vinyl 45s while i'm out here and totally out of the blue he says 'Northern Soul?' I'm amazed and he tells me about a guy he works with called Bosko who's a massive collector. He says Bosko used to live in the UK and was recently working with someone in the UK on a book about rare soul.

Anyone know him or the book he was working on?

He's pointing me in the direction of some vinyl out here, and at the weekend i'm off to New York. So fingers crossed  :ohmy:

Matt

link

My Boxer dog is called Bosko - small world!

Does your Bosko also have a face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle?

Social source share

Guest mattmale

Thanks Pete :ohmy:

Found out who he is, it's Bosko Asanovic who helped Dave Rimmer with his discography on SKM. That's probably what he was talking about. Meeting him for a drink on Tuesday. :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert