good angel

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is it me or Iam odd,for them that know me dont answer that. :no:

But I like tunes right from R&B up to present,if you read some threads you I could be hung for saying that,but one thing its got to be dance music.

Is there anyone else like me?

Kev. :thumbsup:

It must just be me then.:wave:

The one and only,Kev,Good Angel.

Social source share

theres nothing wrong with liking modern music , each to their own ! i love all / most kinds of 60s music , 70s was just an ear where music went wrong , then the 80s produced some good punk / mod bands , and the 90s prdouced a great music scene & loads of great bands! i couldnt give a dam about modern RnB ( rhythm and bass i think its called ) dance , hip hop etc , but i do like stereophonics , oasis , paul weller etc , and of more recent a blues rock band called the black keys! just because you like soul and RnB it doesnt mean it has to be a religion , yeah it will prob take up most of your music interest , time and money , but we all have binges on other kinds of music im sure! if not i think id get really bored , when youve been hammering your 45`s for a year solid , and listened to every tune on your i tunes countless times , i think its nice to wack something completely different on and have a soul free day!

Social source share

Is it me or Iam odd,for them that know me dont answer that. :wave:

But I like tunes right from R&B up to present,if you read some threads you I could be hung for saying that,but one thing its got to be dance music.

I like all. Kev what have you done to your cats?:no:

P:)

Social source share

theres nothing wrong with liking modern music , each to their own ! i love all / most kinds of 60s music , 70s was just an ear where music went wrong , then the 80s produced some good punk / mod bands , and the 90s prdouced a great music scene & loads of great bands! i couldnt give a dam about modern RnB ( rhythm and bass i think its called ) dance , hip hop etc , but i do like stereophonics , oasis , paul weller etc , and of more recent a blues rock band called the black keys! just because you like soul and RnB it doesnt mean it has to be a religion , yeah it will prob take up most of your music interest , time and money , but we all have binges on other kinds of music im sure! if not i think id get really bored , when youve been hammering your 45`s for a year solid , and listened to every tune on your i tunes countless times , i think its nice to wack something completely different on and have a soul free day!

i pretty much like soul across the board.but i easily overdose on r n b. i cant listen to much 2010 black music.either. i cant seem to find the soulful element in it. the music production is ok but vocally the bloke seems to say `yo yo ` and the girls just wail.........and i cant abide rap in any description.:thumbsup: i d rather listen to rock as far as new musics concerned. i like music, PERIOD.. theres not many artists that i dont like at least 1 tune by. got `muse - resistance lp on this morning but i will be at the washington in sheffield this afternoon for a dose of rare soul:thumbup:

oh and i just put the black keys tighten up on my ipod:thumbsup:

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

I like the odd bit of other music, but its always been soul.

But if you listen to some of the new pop tunes they are nursery rhyme lyrics with a big production,like the one with the bloke sings Butterfly.:thumbsup: WTF.

Kev.

i agree with that. chart music is usually somebody featuring somebody else.theres a lot of black music in the charts but its rotten.the lyrics and the tunes all sound like nursery rhymes to my ears...........f**kin awful

dave

Social source share

Is it me or Iam odd,for them that know me dont answer that. :shades:

I love anything that has a soulfull element, I love 50s doo wop and just can't get enough of it, R&B, deep soul, northern, when I feel like a change it can be anything from opera, classical, rock.

Big turn off for me is the big stadium type rock bands who have an overblown sense of their own importance.

Social source share

I love anything that has a soulfull element, I love 50s doo wop and just can't get enough of it, R&B, deep soul, northern, when I feel like a change it can be anything from opera, classical, rock.

Big turn off for me is the big stadium type rock bands who have an overblown sense of their own importance.

yeh some of the 80`s big haired rock bands were never much good and havent stood the test of time

Social source share

Is it me or Iam odd,for them that know me dont answer that. :yes:

Was having this "discussion" last night at an oldies venue our mate Rednose calls em birdscarers lol

We swap new stuff we've bought to each other and then we dicuss wether we like them or not

recently its been Plan B the defamation of strickland banks cd and Eli paperboy reed and the trueloves roll with you cd

altho I don't like "modern" soul music circa late70's and 80s stuff

Im finding that I do like some of the newest stuff because it sounds like old soul :thumbsup:

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

Guest nhsoulie

i pretty much like soul across the board.but i easily overdose on r n b. i cant listen to much 2010 black music.either. i cant seem to find the soulful element in it. the music production is ok but vocally the bloke seems to say `yo yo ` and the girls just wail.........and i cant abide rap in any description.:lol: i d rather listen to rock as far as new musics concerned. i like music, PERIOD.. theres not many artists that i dont like at least 1 tune by. got `muse - resistance lp on this morning but i will be at the washington in sheffield this afternoon for a dose of rare soul:thumbup:

dave

you probly would like rap your just listening to modern commercial shite cars diamonds bitches an all that try some early ninetys stuff far better. and rock? muse? thats middle class talk i ought to wash your mouth out with soap haha

Social source share

you probly would like rap your just listening to modern commercial shite cars diamonds bitches an all that try some early ninetys stuff far better. and rock? muse? thats middle class talk i ought to wash your mouth out with soap haha

Your avatar and this post makes me think you're a great, great man (or woman?).

I agree current R&B is pretty lame and soul-less, but if you wanna get some good soul music made this year, check out Erykah Badu's New Amerykah Part 2. Amazing album.

There's still good hip hop made this year. Freeway & Jake One's Stimulus Package is great. And the new Kanye West album, and from the tunes I've heard, it's gonna be top class.

Oh, and Muse is indeed a piece of sh*te.

Social source share

Guest nhsoulie

I agree current R&B is pretty lame and soul-less, but if you wanna get some good soul music made this year, check out Erykah Badu's New Amerykah Part 2. Amazing album.

There's still good hip hop made this year. Freeway & Jake One's Stimulus Package is great. And the new Kanye West album, and from the tunes I've heard, it's gonna be top class.

Oh, and Muse is indeed a piece of sh*te.

cheers ar kid you sound a great man yourself and youve lined them 12inches up perfect haha

ill give them a try i must admit ive not really listed to rap for years now i was mad on it in the late ninetys when i was still in school i give away all me cds as well i had tons of em.

looked on your profile page only nineteen your younger than me ar kid you write in good english for a mexican better than me even haha

paul newton heath soulboy

Social source share

Having had 4 older sisters ranging from 14 to 3 years older, I was brought up on a fair mix of music in my formative years.

One massive Beatles fan followed by two Hippy sisters who attended " Isle of Wight" festivals in the late 60's to my next eldest sister.

Deirdra (Dee) was my closest (in age) sister and we started listening to Reggae style music with the "Tighten Up" LP's from late 60's.

Then loads of Motown in early 70's,

Followed by Northern Soul at Selby Youth Club 1974 / 1975 (Manifesto run by "Dipper and Arthur Tunningley from Knottingley" with their "Kal Eye Disco")

Followed by tapes done by "Arthur Fenn" & "Ian Ackers"

Followed by years of attending : "Nighters, Soul Nights, Weekenders"

Over all the years of being privIIleged to hearing some of the latest / rarest sounds of the time I still hold the belief that if you truly love a record, for whatever reason, it does not matter :

"WHAT IT'S VALUE IS, WHAT YEAR IT WAS MADE, WAS IT BIG AT A CERTAIN VENUE? IS IT NORTHERN, MODERN, CROSSOVER ETC..........

ANY RECORD YOU PERSONALLY ENJOY, FOR WHATEVER REASON, ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS AND DO NOT BE PUT OFF IT'S VALUE TO YOURSELF BY OTHERS WHO MAY NOT LIKE IT FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL REASONS.

Social source share

I like the odd bit of other music, but its always been soul.

But if you listen to some of the new pop tunes they are nursery rhyme lyrics with a big production,like the one with the bloke sings Butterfly.:lol: WTF.

Kev.

Bit like Johnny Nash - 'Good goodness' then? He was doing it 40 years ago. Nursery rhymes with soul.

Social source share

Agreed. Erykah Badu is a great CD (as are all of hers). Lots of excellent new music around - Jonathan Butler, Cool Million, Adriana Evans, Kem, etc, etc

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i like the newer term for R & B especially Boyz II Men, R Kelly, Akon and Black Eyed Peas. if you look hard enough you might find some of them made tracks played out in the modern room.

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

i pretty much like soul across the board.but i easily overdose on r n b. i cant listen to much 2010 black music.either. i cant seem to find the soulful element in it. the music production is ok but vocally the bloke seems to say `yo yo ` and the girls just wail.........and i cant abide rap in any description.:hatsoff2: i d rather listen to rock as far as new musics concerned. i like music, PERIOD.. theres not many artists that i dont like at least 1 tune by. got `muse - resistance lp on this morning but i will be at the washington in sheffield this afternoon for a dose of rare soul:thumbup:

dave

I am with you on this one Dave.

I pretty much like all music too. Be it Rock n Roll 60s beat, reggae,

Even Dance Techno and old skool.

But Rap music to me is just a bad attempt at poetry with hardly any musical backing at all.

I's not like the old Rap used to be. Example: Sugarhill Gang ect.

And although Northern Soul and Motown is my favorite,It's nice to blast out a bit of Rock or Reggae,

Or even Country and Western on my headphones for a change every now and again.

My own personal opinion about R nB is the stuff from the 50s.

Stu.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!