Male Vocal To Timi Yuro (Classic

dthedrug

:hatsoff2:Hi All...Can any one out there in SOULVILLE, supply me with the information on the male version of the TIMI YURO All time CLASSIC "it will never be over for me" I only heard this on Monday for the first time,via phone, and was from a Mobile phone recording , if you get the gist!:- 1.Has someone got a sound clip?, 2.who is it buy> 3. is a UK release / Artist, 4. format, 45, LP 33 1/3, or an EMI Disc???.....Any help or info would be appreciated, and is the a copy for SALE?...:yes: DAVE KIL Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Thee Midniters - it'll never be over for me -

On Whittier, and Thee with 2 Es and no GH in Midniters

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi..When it comes down to it, you are a credit to SOUL SOURCE, Life would be so much richer if more people took on some of your soulfully attitude. Cheers I am reasonably sure that is what he played me, if not i will get back to you, Brilliant response made my Day.:yes: DAVE

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

:hatsoff2: Hi..When it comes down to it, you are a credit to SOUL SOURCE, Life would be so much richer if more people took on some of your soulfully attitude. Cheers I am reasonably sure that is what he played me, if not i will get back to you, Brilliant response made my Day.:yes: DAVE

Cheers mate, pint o John Smiths :D

Social source share

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

:hatsoff2:Hi All...Can any one out there in SOULVILLE, supply me with the information on the male version of the TIMI YURO All time CLASSIC "it will never be over for me" I only heard this on Monday for the first time,via phone, and was from a Mobile phone recording , if you get the gist!:- 1.Has someone got a sound clip?, 2.who is it buy> 3. is a UK release / Artist, 4. format, 45, LP 33 1/3, or an EMI Disc???.....Any help or info would be appreciated, and is the a copy for SALE?...:yes: DAVE KIL

beware of the dodgy slowed down speeded up take which is still timi yuro but sounds male.heard it at a record fair recently on a carver.

Social source share

beware of the dodgy slowed down speeded up take which is still timi yuro but sounds male.heard it at a record fair recently on a carver.

That's funny you should mention that...I had a copy of Thee Midniters arrive earlier this week & I did the opposite & pitched it up to almost Timi speed & I thought it sounded pretty good...if not better you know :hatsoff2::yes:

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

That's funny you should mention that...I had a copy of Thee Midniters arrive earlier this week & I did the opposite & pitched it up to almost Timi speed & I thought it sounded pretty good...if not better you know :hatsoff2::yes:

LOL - I've just been playing it at +10-15% through the computer and think it sounds much better. If ever there was a case of a track having been released with pitch and tempo of the vocals laid down on top of a backing track that's also had it's pitch and tempo altered, then this is it.

Social source share

LOL - I've just been playing it at +10-15% through the computer and think it sounds much better. If ever there was a case of a track having been released with pitch and tempo of the vocals laid down on top of a backing track that's also had it's pitch and tempo altered, then this is it.

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,,,,,THATS AN OLD ALEN DAY DJ TRICK, THAT HE USED TO GREAT EFFECT AT BLETSOE & THE JUNCTION. IT USED TO MAKE MY HAIR GROW BACKWARDS!...OR WAS THAT A SIDE EFFECT FROM MIXING BOMBERS AND GREEN & CLEARS....DON'T MATTER HE WAS THE BEST AT IT LIVE #1 DJ:ph34r: DAVE KIL

Social source share

:yes: Tis isn't it :hatsoff2:

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,,,,,THATS AN OLD ALEN DAY DJ TRICK, THAT HE USED TO GREAT EFFECT AT BLETSOE & THE JUNCTION. IT USED TO MAKE MY HAIR GROW BACKWARDS!...OR WAS THAT A SIDE EFFECT FROM MIXING BOMBERS AND GREEN & CLEARS....DON'T MATTER HE WAS THE BEST AT IT LIVE #1 DJ:ph34r: DAVE KIL

:lol:

There really are quite a few tracks that benifit from a slight tweek though isn't there :yes:....I'm always doing it at home. A good one for slowing down...if anyone can't afford a 'James Fountain - 7 Day Lover'...slow down Raymond Smith's version... very hard to tell the difference :D:yes:

Another one i pitched up the other day & was astounded at how good it sounded... 'J J Barnes - Say It'.. pitched up about 2 & a half

Social source share

No offense to previous posts who have used their knowledge :hatsoff2: so please forgive me but curiosity got the better of me so I used the internet .Found out lead singer of the 60s group Thee Midniiters recorded a solo effort around 2000 under the name Little Willie G (voice not to bad but on the whole a bit karaoke ) ,on an album produced by a member of Los Lobos who also recorded a version a year previous (not to bad ).Did find another male cut by a Rocky Padilla ( no comment) .I know its not what your looking for as I dont think any are on vinyl but it loosely fits thread.Then I wouldnt call Timi Yuro a classic ,Baby Washington now thats a classic.:D:yes:.

Social source share

:yes:

There really are quite a few tracks that benifit from a slight tweek though isn't there :D....I'm always doing it at home. A good one for slowing down...if anyone can't afford a 'James Fountain - 7 Day Lover'...slow down Raymond Smith's version... very hard to tell the difference :lol::yes:

Another one i pitched up the other day & was astounded at how good it sounded... 'J J Barnes - Say It'.. pitched up about 2 & a half

:hatsoff2: HI YEP WE HAVE ALL HAD A GO. THE BILLY PAUL "LET THE DOLLER CIRCULATE", PLAYED SO WELL THAT PEOPLE WOULD PAY GOOD MONEY FOR IT! "back in the day when gods dog was a pup"!:yes: DAVE

Social source share

No offense to previous posts who have used their knowledge :hatsoff2: so please forgive me but curiosity got the better of me so I used the internet .Found out lead singer of the 60s group Thee Midniiters recorded a solo effort around 2000 under the name Little Willie G (voice not to bad but on the whole a bit karaoke ) ,on an album produced by a member of Los Lobos who also recorded a version a year previous (not to bad ).Did find another male cut by a Rocky Padilla ( no comment) .I know its not what your looking for as I dont think any are on vinyl but it loosely fits thread.Then I wouldnt call Timi Yuro a classic ,Baby Washington now thats a classic.:D:yes:.

:yes: You sure you aint getting mixed up with that Wayne G...he's got a little willie :D

Seriously though...was that 'Little Willie G' the 'Willie G' that recorded on Ric Tic do you know?.

:yes: Hard one ...but personaly I would be on Timi's side myself :lol:

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI YEP WE HAVE ALL HAD A GO. THE BILLY PAUL "LET THE DOLLER CIRCULATE", PLAYED SO WELL THAT PEOPLE WOULD PAY GOOD MONEY FOR IT! "back in the day when gods dog was a pup"!:yes: DAVE

Another one that still gets them...the speeded up 'Epitome of Sound'...I know some still insist that it really is Moses Smith :D

!

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

:D You sure you aint getting mixed up with that Wayne G...he's got a little willie :yes:

Seriously though...was that 'Little Willie G' the 'Willie G' that recorded on Ric Tic do you know?.

:lol: Hard one ...but personaly I would be on Timi's side myself :yes:

this willie joined a group called mala in 1971:hatsoff2:

dont think same as ric tic

always be baby for me maybe its an age thing :hatsoff2:

Social source share

It took me a few listens for it to gain favour with me . I really like the this version : the chap sings it with feeling , and to my ears , there is a passing nod in his vocal styling / phrasing to Bill Medley and Paul Anka .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Another one that still gets them...the speeded up 'Epitome of Sound'...I know some still insist that it really is Moses Smith :D

!

Been some talk of this devil worshipping pitching in the past :hatsoff2: ... Maybe some good soul can dig out the thread, i am on my way out of the door.... Never done it myself, it would feel like me wearing my mothers underwear :yes: ... Each to their own i guess...

Social source share

Been some talk of this devil worshipping pitching in the past :lol: ... Maybe some good soul can dig out the thread, i am on my way out of the door.... Never done it myself, it would feel like me wearing my mothers underwear :lol: ... Each to their own i guess...

:yes:

:g: Yeah...but think about it Steve...why is it such a bad thing? Before we go any further I guess we must say..it is all in the ear of the beholder anyhow...so my choices might not be the same as others anyhow. But I'm guessing your argument would probably be along the lines of it being because it's not what the artist intended & so it is sacrilege to change anything?

But you could argue...was the finished record what the artist intended anyhow?...did he/she have much choice?...or rather did they have enough time to make a choice?

I'll try & explain what I mean...with records...well CD's, MP3's..or anything..as you no doubt know.. the material that is eventualy put out is 99% of the time not just what the artist wants...the recorded material tends to be put in the hand of a producer.. & all sorts of tecnichians have an input... so it is their interpretation just as much as the artist himself you could say.

With the records from this time...the turn over was very very quick, so they probably never had much time to deliberate if a track would be better to dance to at a slightly different tempo...& too be honest...I doubt very much they would have been thinking of Northern soul dancers in the UK 40 years later anyhow :)

So I think it's fair to admit that there could well have been the odd mistake made here & there...& that there could well be the scope for the odd tweak now & again to make it better for the dance floor?

I wish I could put a sound file up of the JJ Barnes one I mentioned...it's only a little tweak..but to my ears it really makes a difference...backing becomes very much like International KCP's/Big Maybelle tune & makes you feel like you want to move your feet...whereas before it sort of falls inbetween a beat.

Social source share

:lol:Hi All...Can any one out there in SOULVILLE, supply me with the information on the male version of the TIMI YURO All time CLASSIC "it will never be over for me" I only heard this on Monday for the first time,via phone, and was from a Mobile phone recording , if you get the gist!:- 1.Has someone got a sound clip?, 2.who is it buy> 3. is a UK release / Artist, 4. format, 45, LP 33 1/3, or an EMI Disc???.....Any help or info would be appreciated, and is the a copy for SALE?...:D DAVE KIL

:lol: HI ALL...SORRY IT'S TAKEN A FEW DAYS TO GET BACK, THE NEWS ABOUT THE MALE FERSION IS IT WAS NOT THE SOUND CLIP THAT WAS KINDLY POSTED, AS MY MATE HAS LISTEN TO IT, AND SAYS THE TUNE HAS THE IDENTICAL BACKING AS THE TIMI TURO, COULD BE! THE DODGY VERSION, HOWEVER HIS SORT OF PEOPLE ARE ABOVE THAT SORT OF THING, AND ARE QUITE ELITEST IN THERE ECLECTIC TASTE AND KNOWLAGE, INFACT THERE MUSIC POLICY IS ANYTHING GOES EXCEPT NORTHERN SOUL. SOUNDS TO ME THEY ARE EX RARE SOUL PEOPLE, WHO PROBERLY MORE INTO "KEB D" & ROGER NICKLES(GREAT MAN)FROM WILLINHALL.

ALL I WOULD SAY IS AS A OLD SCHOOL SOUL FAN, TIMI YUROs "IT WILL NEVER BE OVER" IS NORTHERN SOUL TO MY EAR HOLES, BUT I WOULD SAY THAT, WOODEN EYE??ph34r.gif DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!