Ad-Lib Lincoln " Back To The Roots"

Guest adlibsoul

Guest adlibsoul

This night was the culmination of all we've set out to achieve at Ad-Lib.-to create a night that appeals to the scenes connoisseurs (who want to hear and playout rare/underplayed to a responsive and appreciative crowd) and to create an atmosphere that encourages newer open -minded people into the scene to enjoy the music and it's early -days culture that we promote on our nights.We knew a month ago it was a sell-out,that was no surprise.What we didn't expect was the amount of people who knew they were experiencing something special and took the time to seek the crew out ,shake hands and say how much they were enjoying the night.This wasn't at the end of the evening but half-way through.It was really quite humbling.We will post up more information about the night later .So for now a big thankyou to all who came. To all our regulars (who are fast becoming friends)and to all those newer faces who i know we'll see again as they are putting their names onto our email data base for the next one.To get priority ticket reservations for the next Ad-Lib on Dec 4th email adlibsoul@yahoo.co.uk .It is the weekend of Lincoln Christmas Market so if you're coming from away you would be advised to book your bb/hotel now.Thanks Glenn

Edited by adlibsoul
  • Replies 25
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest adlibsoul

Many thanks to Trevor Quincy for sorting out new dj set times to cover John Paul who had to drop out at the last moment due to family illness.Also to Steve Longworth,not only for his top quality set but also for his input to me giving an insight to the standing of Ad-Lib in the wider scene .Thanks Steve.Another couple of guys i have to mention are 2suits from Derby-Steve Yates and Chris Lymon (hope that's the correct spelling).They came for a night out and lucky for all of us there ended up covering the absent John Pauls spot.Big thanks from all the crew.It was a pleasure meeting you both -and your better halves!Hope you can visit us again so we can check your clothes gear out .Talking about clothes,Glenn and the Hull Massive mods were turned out brilliantly yet again. Thanks again for making the journey and i hope your Hull club night takes off. Always good to see Mick Casey/Speedy et-al .They help keep the atmosphere going with Micks record bar in the lounge.Thanks to Martin Greene for sorting out an article for AD-Lib in Septembers Manifesto Soul Mag.Also thanks to dj Allan Swires who came and played two great sets whilst being struck down with a flu-like virus.Can't forget dj Neill Firth who always plays terrific music but who this time treated us all to a change of clothes for each set !!That's a first for Ad-Lib !! Finally a big thankyou for two of Lincolns finest house djs Nick Taylor and Seany Bowden who supplied and set up their top Rugcutta sound-system - as the djs said on the night-quality spot on.That goes for all the dj sets as well.

Edited by adlibsoul
Guest glenn sps 1969

Many thanks to Trevor Quincy for sorting out new dj set times to cover John Paul who had to drop out at the last moment due to family illness.Also to Steve Longworth,not only for his top quality set but also for his input to me giving an insight to the standing of Ad-Lib in the wider scene .Thanks Steve.Another couple of guys i have to mention are 2suits from Derby-Steve Yates and Chris Lymon (hope that's the correct spelling).They came for a night out and lucky for all of us there ended up covering the absent John Pauls spot.Big thanks from all the crew.It was a pleasure meeting you both -and your better halves!Hope you can visit us again so we can check your clothes gear out .Talking about clothes,Glenn and the Hull Massive mods were turned out brilliantly yet again. Thanks again for making the journey and i hope your Hull club night takes off. Always good to see Mick Casey/Speedy et-al .They help keep the atmosphere going with Micks record bar in the lounge.Thanks to Martin Greene for sorting out an article for AD-Lib in Septembers Manifesto Soul Mag.Also thanks to dj Allan Swires who came and played two great sets whilst being struck down with a flu-like virus.Can't forget dj Neill Firth who always plays terrific music but who this time treated us all to a change of clothes for each set !!That's a first for Ad-Lib !! Finally a big thankyou for two of Lincolns finest house djs Nick Taylor and Seany Bowden who supplied and set up their top Rugcutta sound-system - as the djs said on the night-quality spot on.That goes for all the dj sets as well.

top night again glenn, all dj,s credited for playing top tunes all night , great atmosphere what a gem this night is, if only you could squeeze another hour out of the venue, if only.

greatest respect from the hull masive

I had a cracking night

This is what an R&B night should be like, underground, dark dingy and very sweaty

A great crowd willing to dance and a really friendly atmosphere, started with the greeting from Glen

Chatted with great people, bought a few new tunes and sold one as well

This place is one of the best secrets around, I'm already looking forward to the next one as you will have to reserve tickets early to ensure you can get in !!!!!!

Top night, with top tunes from all the DJs, in a top venue, keep up the good work lads and I will see you soon

ATB

Steve

Guest adlibsoul

top night again glenn, all dj,s credited for playing top tunes all night , great atmosphere what a gem this night is, if only you could squeeze another hour out of the venue, if only.

greatest respect from the hull masive

Thanks for your comments Glenn-agree with everything you say. We seem to be allowed to play on for an extra 15-30 mins so we are half-way to getting that extra hour !

Guest adlibsoul

I had a cracking night

This is what an R&B night should be like, underground, dark dingy and very sweaty

A great crowd willing to dance and a really friendly atmosphere, started with the greeting from Glen

Chatted with great people, bought a few new tunes and sold one as well

This place is one of the best secrets around, I'm already looking forward to the next one as you will have to reserve tickets early to ensure you can get in !!!!!!

Top night, with top tunes from all the DJs, in a top venue, keep up the good work lads and I will see you soon

ATB

Steve

Thanks for your comments Steve.Really good to get the thoughts of a 100% r&b man.A cold December night for the next one should crank the atmosphere up another notch at least - if that's possible !!

Guest adlibsoul

Sounds like a great night - any playlists please?

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard,i do mention to the djs to add playlists to our threads but it seems a bit of a hit and miss affair with them.Denbo has also mentioned it before.If they read this i'm sure they'll at least give you some idea of tracks played

The Ad-Lib Club was once the best kept secret in Lincoln but now the whole world knows about it. A victim of its own success. You have a challenge now Glenn of squeezing an ever increasing crowd of the newly converted into the best LITTLE club in the UK.

The Ad-Lib club has everything one would want when listening to those strong beating but yet simple rhythms which are characteristic of the many adopted R&B tracks. R&B tunes appreciated even more by the well tuned ears of the many aficionados. An agreeable nod or the thumbs up says it all.

Nice to see so many familiar faces mixing up the alphabetical order of my sales boxes. Thank you to those who played the tunes and showed appreciation of the lesser known tracks which are begging to be danced to. I'm always thrilled when a punter flips over a record and is blown away by the B Side. There are so many gems waiting to be discovered it's better than digging for gold.

The nice thing about the Ad-Lid Club is that we are all celebrating new tunes, new dances, new friends, new suits and most of all a new chapter in the development of the music we love so much. So nice to see the young ones joining in and helping to take the music forward to the next generation.

Mick Casey

Tickhill

Doncaster

heartandsoulmusic@yahoo.co.uk

Enjoy the photos:

post-6333-010685100 1285104435_thumb.jpg

post-6333-011073200 1285104443_thumb.jpg

post-6333-090000000 1285104451_thumb.jpg

post-6333-028204900 1285104484_thumb.jpg

post-6333-011103700 1285104495_thumb.jpg

post-6333-035947000 1285104509_thumb.jpg

post-6333-051402000 1285104518_thumb.jpg

post-6333-027948100 1285104530_thumb.jpg

post-6333-010880800 1285104542_thumb.jpg

post-6333-039756100 1285104556_thumb.jpg

post-6333-010685100 1285104435_thumb.jpg

post-6333-011073200 1285104443_thumb.jpg

post-6333-090000000 1285104451_thumb.jpg

post-6333-028204900 1285104484_thumb.jpg

post-6333-011103700 1285104495_thumb.jpg

post-6333-035947000 1285104509_thumb.jpg

post-6333-051402000 1285104518_thumb.jpg

post-6333-027948100 1285104530_thumb.jpg

post-6333-010880800 1285104542_thumb.jpg

post-6333-039756100 1285104556_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartandsoul
Guest adlibsoul

The Ad-Lib Club was once the best kept secret in Lincoln but now the whole world knows about it. A victim of its own success. You have a challenge now Glenn of squeezing an ever increasing crowd of the newly converted into the best LITTLE club in the UK.

The Ad-Lib club has everything one would want when listening to those strong beating but yet simple rhythms which are characteristic of the many adopted R&B tracks. R&B tunes appreciated even more by the well tuned ears of the many aficionados. An agreeable nod or the thumbs up says it all.

Nice to see so many familiar faces mixing up the alphabetical order of my sales boxes. Thank you to those who played the tunes and showed appreciation of the lesser known tracks which are begging to be danced to. I'm always thrilled when a punter flips over a record and is blown away by the B Side. There are so many gems waiting to be discovered it's better than digging for gold.

The nice thing about the Ad-Lid Club is that we are all celebrating new tunes, new dances, new friends, new suits and most of all a new chapter in the development of the music we love so much. So nice to see the young ones joining in and helping to take the music forward to the next generation.

Mick Casey

Tickhill

Doncaster

heartandsoulmusic@yahoo.co.uk

Enjoy the photos:

Don't really know how to reply to this one Mick.you know exactly where we're coming from-maybe a simple thanks. ps i've sent you a PM.Also thanks for the pics-without them we wouldn't have a record of the night.

Great night ! hope everyone enjoyed it as much as We did ! (Trevor & Martin (Imps) Thanks to All the other lads who spun so lovely tunes !

Fantastic atmosphere & great crowd.

Can't wait for the next one ! Hope all those who came want to come again !!

You all made it worth while !

Some nice pics of the night too ! Thanks

Big Thanks to All those who travelled

Spot on nite !

Trevor

Sounds like a great night - any playlists please?

Cheers

Richard

Richard

A few plays from the night

Lavern Baker-You better find yourself another fool

Ernie Fields-Workin out

Muddy Waters-Muddy waters twist

Ella Fitzgerald-These boots

Laurel Aitken-Bouncing women

Majors-I'll be there

IIvory Joe Hunter-Shooty booty

Little willie John-I'm Shakin

Varetta Dillard-Scorched

Lillian Briggs-Come here

Hope that gives you a flavour.

I notice your last play was Bobby Bland,so i definitely believe you would feel in good company if you pay us a visit.

Plenty of top R&B,club soul ,Popcorn and a smattering of Ska, played in a made for it cellar bar.

Allan

Great night ! hope everyone enjoyed it as much as We did ! (Trevor & Martin (Imps) Thanks to All the other lads who spun so lovely tunes !

Fantastic atmosphere & great crowd.

Can't wait for the next one ! Hope all those who came want to come again !!

You all made it worth while !

Some nice pics of the night too ! Thanks

Big Thanks to All those who travelled

Spot on nite !

Trevor

Totally agree with your comments Trev.

Just like to add thanks to Steve and Chris for getting behind the decks at short notice,Steve(Longy) for my record,Mick Casey for setting up shop and being camera man,and Glenn the 'host with the most'

I'll leave with the line from Spooners Crowd -3 in the morning 'You all come back now'

Allan

Guest adlibsoul

Richard

A few plays from the night

Lavern Baker-You better find yourself another fool

Ernie Fields-Workin out

Muddy Waters-Muddy waters twist

Ella Fitzgerald-These boots

Laurel Aitken-Bouncing women

Majors-I'll be there

IIvory Joe Hunter-Shooty booty

Little willie John-I'm Shakin

Varetta Dillard-Scorched

Lillian Briggs-Come here

Hope that gives you a flavour.

I notice your last play was Bobby Bland,so i definitely believe you would feel in good company if you pay us a visit.

Plenty of top R&B,club soul ,Popcorn and a smattering of Ska, played in a made for it cellar bar.

Allan

Guest adlibsoul

Thanks for posting some plays Allan. Varetta Dillard and Lillian Briggs tracks with their sax breaks just made for this venue and night.Don't know all of the others but will try and find some samplers !!!

Guest adlibsoul

Forgot to thank Tim for making the journey from Hackney to be with us.Book your ticket now Tim for the next one - half of them have already been reserved for the 4th Dec.

Guest adlibsoul

The event for Dec 4th will be an all-ticket sell out .Half the tickets have already been reserved and are awaiting confirmation-this doesn't take into account most of our regular supporters.The priority list for these events continues to grow so if you are considering paying us a visit put youselves on our priority list .Once the list has reached its max. allowed for the venue those people will be notified and asked for payment by cheque with a sae.It is the weekend of Lincolns Christmas Market so if you are staying overnight you'll need to book a room asap. Information on the night plus priority list email Glenn adlibsoul@yahoo.co.uk or tel 07989 717 043 Thanks

Edited by adlibsoul

Source Advert