Jct 17, Sports & Social Club, Sandbach, Cheshire

Guest Pete Best

Guest Pete Best

Just a quick update with regards to Jct 17, as you will have read I will now be promoting the venue ably assisted by Chic. A big thanks to Ann and Steve for letting us continue following all their hard work over the last three years. We aim to continue in the same format as previously and will be honouring all DJ bookings up to December 2010. The music policy will also remain the same with all DJ's having a free hand in what they play. We look forward to everyones support and hopefully Jct 17 will continue to provide a quality soul night for the forseeable future.

Many Thanks Pete and Chic

This months guests are :

Geese (Genuine Soul)

Jim Smirk

Kenny Onions (The Stables Wolverhampton)

Resident Dj's Chic and Pete Best

8pm.-1.00pm.-£4otd-SAT NAV CW11 1GF

M6- Jct 17 to Sandbach-right turn into Offley Lane (opposite services)-left through 2 mini roundabouts into Bradwall Rd.-club on right

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Really looking forward to spinning here, the music policy is one of pure quality :thumbsup:

Thanks to both Steve for the booking in the first place and to Pete for maintaining the booking! Expect an across the board mix of uptempo northern old and new from me.

Echo those statements really looking forward to spinning a few :lol:

Ken

Guest Pete Best

Just a quick reply and thanks to everyone thats posted on the JCT17 thread and hopefully we can look forward to a great night on Saturday.

DJ Times for this month are as follows :

8pm-9pm Pete Best

9pm-10pm Jim Smirk

10pm-11pm Geese

11pm-12pm Kenny Onions

12pm-1am Chic

Great line up for this month See you all there on Saturday

Just a quick reply and thanks to everyone thats posted on the JCT17 thread and hopefully we can look forward to a great night on Saturday.

8pm-9pm Pete Best

9pm-10pm Jim Smirk

10pm-11pm Geese

11pm-12pm Kenny Onions

12pm-1am Chic

A great incentive to be there early and to stay late, come on folks let's make it a packer for Pete and Chic on their new venture :thumbsup:

8pm-9pm Pete Best

9pm-10pm Jim Smirk

10pm-11pm Geese

11pm-12pm Kenny Onions

12pm-1am Chic

now that is a sensible time for mr.smirk...before he hits the newcastle brown ale and the baileys...:thumbsup: hope to see you all saturday.....

8pm-9pm Pete Best

9pm-10pm Jim Smirk

10pm-11pm Geese

11pm-12pm Kenny Onions

12pm-1am Chic

:thumbup:

Will be there, all things being equal.

I think it shows great intent by the promoters (both of whom always play superb sets whenever I see them) that they've put themselves on first and last (the worst time sets, allegedly) and given their guests the so called better set times. I'd be happy to listen to either/both of them at any venue, at any time.

Well done guys.

Other promoters take note !

Will be there, all things being equal.

I think it shows great intent by the promoters (both of whom always play superb sets whenever I see them) that they've put themselves on first and last (the worst time sets, allegedly) and given their guests the so called better set times. I'd be happy to listen to either/both of them at any venue, at any time.

Well done guys.

Other promoters take note !

Well said that man or woman.......

Good luck on Saturday chaps.......Kev will be there in body but I will be there in spirit...........yes .....probably guzzling an oversized genebra con tonica as off to Lanzarote in a little while.........say hola to everyone and will see most of them at some sort of celebration on the 9th........??????

............Ah yes a certain Mr Smirk gets his bus pass..............if the government haven't put the age up ?!!!!!

Have a good'un LLx

Guest Pete Best

hi everybody

A big big thank you for everyones support and comments for jct17, it's very much appreciated and apologies for not replying to every post.

Just contacted the venue and with just a few more bits to sort out and everythings ready to go for saturday nite. Really looking forward to it now and it should be corker,chic's got a couple of new things to play ! pity he won't tell me what they are though and a few odd things from me as usual. Pretty sure our guest dj's geese,jim and kenny are raring to go as well,see you all saturday

many thanks pete

hi everybody

A big big thank you for everyones support and comments for jct17, it's very much appreciated and apologies for not replying to every post.

Just contacted the venue and with just a few more bits to sort out and everythings ready to go for saturday nite. Really looking forward to it now and it should be corker,chic's got a couple of new things to play ! pity he won't tell me what they are though and a few odd things from me as usual. Pretty sure our guest dj's geese,jim and kenny are raring to go as well,see you all saturday

many thanks pete

look forward to hearing your odd things Pete. see you sat not sure if i will be on my own paul is working away so havent spoke to him but Pete and Hilary are usually in residence, looks like it will be a good one.

mark

hi everybody

many thanks pete

I sure am for one mate, will certainly be sorting through the play box late, hmmmm, wonder if I should take a few rare LP's down there?

Thanks for everyones support over the last few weeks :rolleyes: pete and I are hoping to keep Junction 17 running pretty much as it was before .It has gained momentum over the last 6 months and has has a lot of positive reaction from people .We will honour all the guest dj`s which have been booked till christmas . I will be on the door on saturday hoping to meet and put a face to a lot of the punters ,might even bring a visitors book to log everybodys details if they want and take names for a djing in the new year ,See you sat Chic:

Edited by chic

Thanks for everyones support over the last few weeks :rolleyes: pete and I are hoping to keep Junction 17 running pretty much as it was before .It has gained momentum over the last 6 months and has has a lot of positive reaction from people .We will honour all the guest dj`s which have been booked till christmas . I will be on the door on saturday hoping to meet and put a face to a lot of the punters ,might even bring a visitors book to log everybodys details if they want and take names for a djing in the new year ,See you sat Chic:

Sorry folks won't be there Saturday. (Table Tennis tournament in Wolverhampton) Have a great night everyone! and see you in November.

Derek & Janet

Hi Chic & Pete,

Janice & I should be there to keep the Shropshire contingent up.

Might be later than usual as were going to Stoke in the afternoon, parkings crazy and some of the car parks do not start to move

until an hour after the game , then its wacky races.

Catch you later.

David (spook) & Janice

PS No crutches or walking boot now !!

Looking forward to it chaps t'will be a cracker i'm sure. Myself and that other Genuine Soul reprobate :wicked: have to leave a tad early to attend kings hall--but will atone for it with an early attendance:thumbsup:

Break a leg lads(figuretively speaking of course):lol:

who you calling reprobate? LOL:lol:

hi everybody

many thanks pete

Pete, Chic....good luck with tonight, I'm sure things will go well. I would have liked to have got there tonight, but I'm off to Celtic Manor to watch Europe batter the yanks in the Ryder Cup, Maybe it's me who needs the luck, fookin' weather ;-(....see a good few of you next week at Jimbo's 60th....Tony

Thanks for everyones support over the last few weeks :thumbsup: pete and I are hoping to keep Junction 17 running pretty much as it was before .It has gained momentum over the last 6 months and has has a lot of positive reaction from people .We will honour all the guest dj`s which have been booked till christmas . I will be on the door on saturday hoping to meet and put a face to a lot of the punters ,might even bring a visitors book to log everybodys details if they want and take names for a djing in the new year ,See you sat Chic:

AVAGUDUN CHIC ! GUD LUK TO YOU N PETE AND ALL THE GROOVEY JCT 17 GROOVERS !!!!! HOPE TO CYA SOON !!!

CPTN M :hatsoff2:

Guest Pete Best

just a last post from me for tonite for jct 17, everythings sorted and the equipments loaded and ready to go. All i need to do now is sort a few tunes out , thanks again for everybody's support and look forward to seeing everybody a bit later on tonite. A quick reminder of the running order for tonite.

8pm-9pm pete best

9pm-10pm jim smirk

10pm-11pm geese

11pm-12pm kenny onions

12pm-1am chic

many thanks pete

just a last post from me for tonite for jct 17, everythings sorted and the equipments loaded and ready to go. All i need to do now is sort a few tunes out , thanks again for everybody's support and look forward to seeing everybody a bit later on tonite. A quick reminder of the running order for tonite.

8pm-9pm pete best

9pm-10pm jim smirk

10pm-11pm geese

11pm-12pm kenny onions

12pm-1am chic

many thanks pete

See you in a few hours Pete

Source Advert