"the Magic Touch"

Simsy

Chap upstairs here at work is asking for some samples of tracks with female vocal with piano;

Harry says:

mr sims!

you're good on obscure music - after

any track with a solo piano in and a female vocal

so any song with a piano in that plays on its own

and then has some bird singing at some point in it

Any ideas?

7/1/11 Finished clip post # 22.

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lots of Alicia Keys video would probably work, especially her earlier stuff, and the added bonus is getting to look at Alicia, a treat to behold!

Cheers - passed on and edited 1st post - as not 'video' - but any track, solo piano then female vocal.

Social source share

Thanks chaps. Really tough going this - just to find piano then female vocal. I just know there's something awesome I'm overlooking, but I can't think what. Too many track have drum roll intro, or backing vocals. Larry Allen would be perfect if it were 'Loretta Allen' on green Dolphin .... :)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Not heard it in ages but how about Pat Lewis - Warning?

If your mate isnt particularly inteserted in what genre. I recommend 10,000 Maniacs - Verdi Cries. Natalie Merchant plays the piano and tears at the heart strings, with disturbing and hypnotic vocals that make your conscience bleed...IMO of course :)

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Chap upstairs here at work is asking for some samples of tracks with female vocal with piano;

Harry says:

mr sims!

you're good on obscure music - after

any track with a solo piano in and a female vocal

so any song with a piano in that plays on its own

and then has some bird singing at some point in it

Any ideas?

Nina Simone - my baby just cares for me

Social source share

So what you're looking for is a drum & bass track with a piano intro followed by a female vocal?

Not exactly. Any track that has a piano riff, followed by a female vocal.

I/we were asked as we have a wealth of brilliant unknown's..

He is going to sample the piano/vocal into a drum & bass track.

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

Thanks for all the input.

Currently The Magic Touch without the drums is 1st choice.

This is going to be sampled into a drum & base track and the producer promises a clip of the finished product.

Harry says:

Heres something I knocked up in literally 10 minutes aint great but will give you an idea!

Oh and its Nu-Rave I'm making not drum and bass !!

hard to keep up with the names of everything!

simon harris - quick idea -

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest The Rover Dog

the producer promises a clip of the finished product.

You have to wait to 1:31 into the clip for the main part of what's left of the Magic Touch.

Social source share

Guest martyn

You have to wait to 1:31 into the clip for the main part of what's left of the Magic Touch.

Having waited the required 1:31 , I found myself losing the will to live .Its 1:31 of my life wasted never to return .Not my cup of tea at all - Sorry

Social source share

Having waited the required 1:31 , I found myself losing the will to live .Its 1:31 of my life wasted never to return .Not my cup of tea at all - Sorry

Could of just skipped to the 1:31 Mart! :thumbsup:

Think he did quite a clever job mesen.

Social source share

Been looking at Nina Simone myself. She certainly has a vast and varied catalogue - not all of which is too well known. Lots of her stuff has been remixed and sampled by other music genres already, sadly to it's detriment IMO.

:thumbsup: Kev.

Had this on one of my podcasts recently - a record I searched for when it came out but never knew the artist so couldn't find it - this isn't the best mix, the original mix was better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLpwIv3XiQk

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

this is apprently ..

That's odd because neither of those, the one I posted and the one you posted, are the same as the one I recorded off the radio and was trying to find for years - neither are as good! I know "New dawn" is really old hat now but that was the first record to sample it and at the time it worked really well.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!