Gasher

• Replies 31
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I set my snipe when it was at its $99.00 starting price but knew it would get spotted. I've known about it since the mid 80's when I had a 1 minute or so clip on a sales tape. I can't remember what it was priced at but I thought it was too expensive probably $20 :lol:

Never heard it out but it is 'known' I'm sure.

Social source share

I set my snipe when it was at its $99.00 starting price but knew it would get spotted. I've known about it since the mid 80's when I had a 1 minute or so clip on a sales tape. I can't remember what it was priced at but I thought it was too expensive probably $20 :lol:

Never heard it out but it is 'known' I'm sure.

:yes::wicked:

One of the best records ever made (IMHO of course)

Edited by PhilT
Social source share

Came out twice

LOVE IS BLIND b/w TOY SOLDIERS

UNITED INTERNATIONAL 643 books at £1000

I'LL BE OVER (TOMORROW) b/w TOY SOLDIERS

UNITED INTERNATIONAL 1848 books at £2000

As JM lists both as b side then I guess that means both are double sided northern, anybody got sound bites of the A Sides.

Edited by funkyfeet
Social source share

Came out twice

LOVE IS BLIND b/w TOY SOLDIERS

UNITED INTERNATIONAL 643 books at £1000

I'LL BE OVER (TOMORROW) b/w TOY SOLDIERS

UNITED INTERNATIONAL 1848 books at £2000

As JM lists both as b side then I guess that means both are double sided northern, anybody got sound bites of the A Sides.

Not exactly a mint copy is it.?

.....Jimmy Burns original as well :wicked:

Social source share

"The consensus from Butch/Andy Dyson was that it's a Carolina's 45"

I have both records in my hands at the moment, I'd say they are Chicago presses.

To hear them just go to our rarest of the rare section at the site

Social source share

I have both records in my hands at the moment, I'd say they are Chicago presses.

they are both chicago releases, "toy soldiers" also reuses an intensions backing track. probably the same group as on lasalle. I think they are from the south side.

Social source share

Strange, I can only find the one release with "love is blind" on the flip. I wanted to hear the "I'll be over tomorrow" side.

Edited by Quinvy
Social source share

Hi John

As you have both to hand . Is there any chance you can post up a soundfile of

I'LL BE OVER (TOMORROW) PLEASE

regards Richie

Social source share

Richie,

Ref: I'll be over (tomorrow).

Weird I thought I'd put it up there years ago, I'll try and add it again tomorrow morning before 11 iif not definately on Sunday. It'll be worth the wait it's a darn good slab of Northern Soul.

John

Social source share

they are both chicago releases, "toy soldiers" also reuses an intensions backing track. probably the same group as on lasalle. I think they are from the south side.

DC thought it was a Wichita, KS group, saying its the Smart Bros with a group in front. It's certainly a Chicago pressing. I found this copy on the South Side, so maybe that helps the south side group argument?

Social source share

DC thought it was a Wichita, KS group, saying its the Smart Bros with a group in front. It's certainly a Chicago pressing. I found this copy on the South Side, so maybe that helps the south side group argument?

I specifically think it's from Harvey, for what it's worth.

"I'll be over tomorrow" is a great side.

Social source share

cheers mate.guiness in the tap for ya ...you da man

its not true what they all say about you Jo :yes::D:(:thumbup::lol::yes: :yes:

the gasher :lol:

Richie,

Ref: I'll be over (tomorrow).

Weird I thought I'd put it up there years ago, I'll try and add it again tomorrow morning before 11 iif not definately on Sunday. It'll be worth the wait it's a darn good slab of Northern Soul.

John

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

i actually also think the intensions "she's my baby" is much better than "toy soldiers". it's also way cheaper. the summits is way rarer though.

shame l.j. johnson had to go disco to earn some dollars, the intensions had a few nice tunes, checkout the one on usa, name slips my memory

Social source share

i actually also think the intensions "she's my baby" is much better than "toy soldiers". it's also way cheaper. the summits is way rarer though.

I can't agree with you on that Bob. I've always found the lead singers voice [intensions] very grating to my ears. Screeching almost. Thank you for sharing your knowledge though mate. I never thought Toy Soldier sounded like a Carolina's recording, but I would never have doubted Butch and Andy's superior knowledge.

I like Toy Soldier, but it's the "I'll be over tomorrow" track that I was always looking for.

Best regards, Phil.

Social source share

Hi Bob

Thanks for that info ...i was gonna have a stab at Toy Soldiers but your right ,intensions is much better ,so i'll leave it for now and save my funds for another day:thumbsup:

Social source share

shame l.j. johnson had to go disco to earn some dollars, the intensions had a few nice tunes, checkout the one on usa, name slips my memory

I'm confused by your post, I think you're saying an LJ Johnson was in the intensions? that is incorrect (I think maybe soul harmony single said that).

Social source share

Boba is correct in stating that the Summits were a far South Side Chicago group. The music on the 45 in question was supplied by the Smart Brothers from Wichita, Kansas, and was produced by the ever-roving George Redman (aka Jorge Rojohombre). Besides the two Summits singles on United International, there also exists a Cornelius Neil & the Smart Brothers 45 entitled "I Cried A Long Time/ Oh-Oh (It's All Over For Me)." The United International label was related to United Continental (which issued two 45s by The Skytons), another of Mr. Redman's concerns.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!