Jumpin' - 15Th Anniversary Crystal Edition - Track-Listing

Not strictly S.S. territory but thought it may be worth posting as there's some belters on here if you like Soul music in general and have fairly diverse tastes. The Nobles track is just brilliant plus Skip Mahoney usually hits the spot, so there's probably a few things of interest on here for S.S.ers. Harold Melvin & The Blue-Notes fans could do a lot worse then check out the two BRILLIANT mid 80's tracks on here which kinda slipped through the net but are just superlative and right up there in HM&TBN's best performances. And if you're into Modern Northern it doesn't get any better than "Let Her Feel It" by Simplicious - a pure Modern belter featuring Eugene Wilde on lead vocals. Has to be heard to be believed. Anyway, here's the spiel...........

A long, long time ago, in the late 1990's Harmless released two definitive must-have albums of great Disco music - Jumpin' Vols 1 & 2.

So, on the 15th anniversary of Harmless Records, we thought we'd knock out another one and try and fill a few gaps in the process......

We managed to track down a healthy dozen or so tunes that don't appear to be currently available on CD anywhere which is handy if you're a collector. So it was a massive relief to track down the current owners of the Philly World and Total Experience catalogues - filled a few more gaps right there for a start.

What we wanted to do was track a particular vibe over a 10 year period from circa '76-'86 whilst keeping with the ethos of the original series. In many ways this particular volume snatches numerous pieces of genius right across that time-span. We did it chronologically 'cos it just made sense. Out in 3 weeks so go buy........

th_JumpinPackshot.jpg

HURTCD102 Jumpin' - Harmless 15th Anniversary Crystal Edition

CD 1

1 Salsoul Orchestra feat Loleatta Holloway Runaway

2 Donna McGhee Mr Blindman

3 Love Committee Just As Long As I Got You

4 Jean Carn Was That All It Was

5 Skyy First Time Around

6 The Nobles Jealousy

7 Skip Mahoney Janice (Don't Be So Blind To Love)

8 Logg I Know You Will

9 Rainbow Brown Till You Surrender

10 Salsoul Orchestra Take Some Time Out For Love

11 Fonda Rae Over Like a Fat Rat

12 Inner Life Moment Of My Life

CD2

1 Barbara Mason Another Man

2 Leroy Burgess Heartbreaker

3 Loleatta Holloway Love Sensation

4 Cashmere Do It Anyway You Wanna

5 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes Don't Give Me up

6 Switch Keeping Secrets

7 Yarborough & Peoples Don't Waste Your Time

8 Terri Wells I'll Be Around

9 Simplicious Let Her Feel It

10 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes feat Nikko Today's Your Lucky Day

11 Penny Ford Dangerous

12 The Gap Band Big Fun

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest topcatnumpty1

Not strictly S.S. territory but thought it may be worth posting as there's some belters on here if you like Soul music in general and have fairly diverse tastes. The Nobles track is just brilliant plus Skip Mahoney usually hits the spot, so there's probably a few things of interest on here for S.S.ers. Harold Melvin & The Blue-Notes fans could do a lot worse then check out the two BRILLIANT mid 80's tracks on here which kinda slipped through the net but are just superlative and right up there in HM&TBN's best performances. And if you're into Modern Northern it doesn't get any better than "Let Her Feel It" by Simplicious - a pure Modern belter featuring Eugene Wilde on lead vocals. Has to be heard to be believed. Anyway, here's the spiel...........

A long, long time ago, in the late 1990's Harmless released two definitive must-have albums of great Disco music - Jumpin' Vols 1 & 2.

So, on the 15th anniversary of Harmless Records, we thought we'd knock out another one and try and fill a few gaps in the process......

We managed to track down a healthy dozen or so tunes that don't appear to be currently available on CD anywhere which is handy if you're a collector. So it was a massive relief to track down the current owners of the Philly World and Total Experience catalogues - filled a few more gaps right there for a start.

What we wanted to do was track a particular vibe over a 10 year period from circa '76-'86 whilst keeping with the ethos of the original series. In many ways this particular volume snatches numerous pieces of genius right across that time-span. We did it chronologically 'cos it just made sense. Out in 3 weeks so go buy........

th_JumpinPackshot.jpg

HURTCD102 Jumpin' - Harmless 15th Anniversary Crystal Edition

CD 1

1 Salsoul Orchestra feat Loleatta Holloway Runaway

2 Donna McGhee Mr Blindman

3 Love Committee Just As Long As I Got You

4 Jean Carn Was That All It Was

5 Skyy First Time Around

6 The Nobles Jealousy

7 Skip Mahoney Janice (Don't Be So Blind To Love)

8 Logg I Know You Will

9 Rainbow Brown Till You Surrender

10 Salsoul Orchestra Take Some Time Out For Love

11 Fonda Rae Over Like a Fat Rat

12 Inner Life Moment Of My Life

CD2

1 Barbara Mason Another Man

2 Leroy Burgess Heartbreaker

3 Loleatta Holloway Love Sensation

4 Cashmere Do It Anyway You Wanna

5 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes Don't Give Me up

6 Switch Keeping Secrets

7 Yarborough & Peoples Don't Waste Your Time

8 Terri Wells I'll Be Around

9 Simplicious Let Her Feel It

10 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes feat Nikko Today's Your Lucky Day

11 Penny Ford Dangerous

12 The Gap Band Big Fun

Ian D :hatsoff2:

Small world i was listening to the 12" Switch--Keeping secrets--earlier today!!

T.C.

Social source share

Small world i was listening to the 12" Switch--Keeping secrets--earlier today!!

T.C.

A beautiful, beautiful brilliant record Tony. In my top 3 80's tunes without a doubt. The harmonies are just incredible aren't they? First time on CD I think.......

Ian D :hatsoff2:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

A beautiful, beautiful brilliant record Tony. In my top 3 80's tunes without a doubt. The harmonies are just incredible aren't they? First time on CD I think.......

Ian D :thumbsup:

Now there is a side I had cast to the canyons of my mind ............... Donna McGhee " Mr Blindman " :D

Malc

Social source share

Now there is a side I had cast to the canyons of my mind ............... Donna McGhee " Mr Blindman " :D

Malc

I've never heard a bad tune by her which is saying something.

Confined to the dustbins of history and the canyons of Malc's mind. That's all Donna has to look forward to LOL.......:thumbsup:

Ian D :yes:

Social source share

Well since I only seem to get up there in the depths of Winter, I'll bring a grab-bag up next time OK?

Maybe we can flog 'em on Dewsbury Market? :D

Ian D :thumbsup:

Bugger Coleby Ian , I am still waiting for the 4 CD set ( Wheel , Torch etc ) you promised you would send me following its' release ...........

Do not try to wriggle out of this young Foggy - you know it is a sin to tell porkies on the sabbath :yes:

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Bugger Coleby Ian , I am still waiting for the 4 CD set ( Wheel , Torch etc ) you promised you would send me following its' release ...........

Do not try to wriggle out of this young Foggy - you know it is a sin to tell porkies on the sabbath :D

Malc

Mr.D.--Bugger Burton unlike him, i still have to pay for my bus travel!!!

T.C.

Social source share

Do not try to wriggle out of this young Foggy - you know it is a sin to tell porkies on the sabbath :yes:

Malc

Mr.D.--Bugger Burton unlike him, i still have to pay for my bus travel!!!

T.C.

Now now boys.......:rolleyes:

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Now now boys.......:rolleyes:

Ian D biggrin.gif

I knew it would be akin to PITW asking if you remembered the 4 CD box set :yes:

Thank you for the " boys " comment anyway .......

Malc

Social source share

Not strictly S.S. territory but thought it may be worth posting as there's some belters on here if you like Soul music in general and have fairly diverse tastes.

Definitely my territory Ian - I expect you've got some freebies for Surrey housewives who've spent all the child benefit already this month?

I'll put garlic through your letterbox if you don't send one immediately :thumbsup:

Some folk on YouTube asking where you can get some of the tracks, so might be an idea to post details up there.

Social source share

Definitely my territory Ian - I expect you've got some freebies for Surrey housewives who've spent all the child benefit already this month?

I'll put garlic through your letterbox if you don't send one immediately :thumbsup:

Some folk on YouTube asking where you can get some of the tracks, so might be an idea to post details up there.

Deffo a freebie for you Theresa if you drop me a PM with your address my dear. (Note: this is only open to Surrey housewives who've spent the child benefit this month OK?).

Good thinking on adding details to the You Tube clips - I'll add it the never ending list! Got any more jobs for me whilst you're at it laugh.gif

Ian D :D

Social source share

And for anyone who's interested I'll be having a LIVE natter with Craig Charles on the Craig Charles Soul & Funk Show, BBC 6, this Saturday 23rd October from 8.00pm about the trails and tribulations of running a Soul/Dance/Black Music label in 2010!

My link

Ian D biggrin.gif

Definately one to check out then ........ if only to see if CC can get a word in :thumbsup:

Malc

Social source share

Definately one to check out then ........ if only to see if CC can get a word in :thumbsup:

Malc

Oh I'm sure he'll manage LOL. I know him from years ago and he coldn't stop blabbing then, so it'll be a battle of the voices. Should be fun - I'm looking forward to it!.

Should be a nice boost as we're in @ No.26 on the Amazon comp chart!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/new-releases/music/386760011/ref=pd_nr_pg_2?ie=UTF8&pg=2

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Ian darling, what a fantastic surprise in the post today! It's been a while since I've been in receipt of such a bumper package :lol:

The Price Family Bus will be Jumpin' for some weeks to come, you're a star...

Well I specialize in bumper packages baby! :lol:

Glad you like 'em. Just spreading the goodness around.........:rolleyes:

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!