Northern on radio ?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi, Some fat bastard presents a weekly show on SOLAR RADIO - CHANNEL 879 SKY DIGITAL ALSO www.solarradio.com - Some four decades of quality Northern Soul based club culture and music, from 8pm through 10pm UK and between 9pm - 11pm throughout central Europe every Sunday night.

Been on the air for three and a half years. For requests, mentions and dedications contact studio@solarradio.con or bicknellmark@aol.com

I review and preview all the latest CD compilations and try and play a varried selection of rare soul, hard to find's, big and current 45's, classic oldies etc.

I hate self promotion but you did ask.., it's not a bad show despite the cock ups..lol

Also Kev Roberts presents a show on Solar Saturday 10am through 12 mid day, more classic Northern and Motown format but well worth a listen.

Hope this helps - Regards Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi Dave,

Depending on where you live you can also try Richards show on a Sunday afternoon on Smooth FM

Russ's show on Manchester GMR on a Saturday afternoon

and if you have Sky on Channel 903 you can get A Villan full of Soul on Friday night with Steve Glover and Pat Wallace and I think the BBC Radio Stoke is Mary Fox

hope this helps

regards

Chris

Social source share

DAVE - DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE :

ALL FM 96.9FM (MANCHESTER AREA) EVERY SUN 4PM - 6PM GRANT RANKIN & GEOFF ALLMAN SPINING NORTHERN ETC. REGULAR GUESTS INCL. GINGER TAYLOR, TERRY DAVIES, NIGE GRICE, MARK GRICE AND MANY MORE. YOU CAN ALSO GET IT ON THE WEBSITE WWW.ALLFM.ORG

COMING ON SAT 19TH JUNE 5-7PM PURE FM RADIO 86.9FM (STOCKPORT) 2 HOURS OF NORTHERN (GRANT RANKIN & GUESTS) THEN ALL 3 CONSECUTIVE SATURDAYS AFTER AT 5-7PM.

Social source share

Tune in any time to one of my archived shows at www.radiomagnetic.com/archive/rnb.php

There's usually about seven shows up at any one time.

You can also check out the playlist for the shows when you get there by heading for the "Forums" page , clicking on "show playlist" topic and going through the pages looking for the "reflections"

Here is an example

https://www.radiomagnetic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=340

FrankM

Social source share

Grant,

Live in the Midlands now, so can't get the Stockport/Mcr signals. Thanks for the info though mate. Also don't have broadband at home, so don't use the internet at home much. Do have sky so will check those out. I'd be interested to know if anything is broadcast in the midlands though. Is there still a spot on sunday afternoon on Jazz fm ?

Cheers

Dave.

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi Briles,

Jazz FM is now Soomth Fm and is available via Sky but only the London Station which does not take Richards show, also check out Radio WM Jenny Wilkes she does a N Soul show (last one was Bank Holiday Monday) you will have to check local listings

Cheers

Chris W

Social source share

Tune in to www.radiomagnetic.com this Saturday and hear this from 2:30pm onwards

Less chat more music.

Booker T and The MG'S time is tight

Jimmy Holiday Spread your Love

Four Pro's Just Another Girl

The Velvelettes Long Gone Lover

The Lewis Sisters Don't make me Live without your Love

Jim and Lee Let go Baby

Clara Wood-You're After My Guy

Johnny Taylor Toe Hold

The Staple Singers I'll take You There

Gerry McWilliamsu Soul Bhoy 2003 Mod Weekender nice'n'sleazy

Clarence Carter Looking For a Fox

Paul Butterfield Blues Band Going to Chicago

Margaret and Carol He's my Guy

Sugar Pie DeSanto Can't let you go

Richard groove Holmes Living Soul

Mary Love Lay This Burden Down

Love The only Way

Spyder Turner I'm alone With the Loving Feeling

Ike and Tina Turner Stagger Lee and Billy

William Bell Any Other Way

Tommy Good Baby I miss you

The Contours you better get in line

Leroy Taylor and the Four Kays I Ain't Worried About You

Bill Dennis I'll Never let you get away

Seven Souls I Still love you

The Radiants Baby you Got it

The Mar-Keys Grab This Thing

Clarence Carter Funky Fever

The Showmen You're Everything

Bobby Barnes Times Are bad

Gerry Soul-bhoy McWilliams Nice'n'Sleazy

The Monitors Share a little love With me

The Startones Lovin' you Baby

BTW there are three new shows up on the archive you can listen to NOW at www.radiomagnetic.com/archive/rnb.php REFLECTIONS

FrankM

Social source share

Hi, Some fat bastard presents a weekly show on SOLAR RADIO - CHANNEL 879 SKY DIGITAL ALSO www.solarradio.com - Some four decades of quality Northern Soul based club culture and music, from 8pm through 10pm UK and between 9pm - 11pm throughout central Europe every Sunday night.

Thought you were gonna talk about me there Mark until you mentioned Solar,lol

Haydn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!