Oxford Soul Club

What a nite.

Brill nite for the birthday boys...

Great sounds, great peeps and a brill atmosphere, good turn out with soulies from as far away as Folkestone to The Boro' way up north there.

This little independent gig goes from strength to strength.

Well done guys

Terence (Tezz) & Katrina

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest mellytee

What a nite.

Brill nite for the birthday boys...

Great sounds, great peeps and a brill atmosphere, good turn out with soulies from as far away as Folkestone to The Boro' way up north there.

This little independent gig goes from strength to strength.

Well done guys

Terence (Tezz) & Katrina

Well said Tezz and well done for your part in warming everyone up!!!! Great set and honestly think it was the best do in a long long time....loads of old friends and new and everyone up for it definatley. Roll on the next one xxLets get that Ballroom filled for an all nighter soon????

Happy Birthday Del & Maz xxx

Love Mel

(Charlie , me and Shirl are apparently standing in next Banbury council elections as independents such was our drunken chatter on the way home!!!! God help Banbury!!! xx)

Cracking night as Tezz said.....

Lots of miles travelled for this one...

Good to see Chalky in the house, never seen him dance so much...

Len after his back operation,Sue & Mart, Dave B and everyone else who was in attendance....

All the regulars and a lot of younger people from the Uni, that's a good sign for the future......

I think all enjoyed the night, look out for the anniverary of OXFORD SOUL CLUB 11 DECEMBER 2010..

CATCH YOU LATER

JON

Guest ruffsounds

Nice to get down to Oxford to see the boys again and nice to see Jon Willis out and about again (keep Going Jon) , as usual another good night was had with some great tunes plus Maz taking me back to my youth with his set lol.

Great to meet up with everyone and keep it up lads see you all soon.

cheers Ralph

Yes Jon ..what a cracking night .. well I had to attend sooner or later and arrived with Buddy and partner in Beer :yes: Burnley Dave .. as soon as we arrived there was ..my god Chalky's here yes.gif and for some reason all night i felt like a super starr with folks coming up to me . The Night was bang on and many thanks for all the request's ..for me ... as always Mr Willis a top top top Northern spot from your goodself ... AWESOME . Mr C ..Charlie me old Muka what can i say ...... :D lets keep it top secret laugh.gif:lol: another great spot from you as always and what a laff we had son . Nice seeing some old faces and New ..really enjoyed it .. Maz and Del well done fantastic night ..see ya at the next one ... but please please only down fall ..can you sort the sound system out ..it was a bit volume low apart from that great Night .. great Friendly People .. top soulies ...... Oxford Soul Club :rolleyes:

Yes a good night. Great to see Jon behind the decks, some great sounds mate. Charlie, Shirley, Mel, Ralph, good to spend the night in your company, what a laugh we had Charlie. Best wishes to the Oxford boys as well, always put on a great night, so many thanks and hope to see everyone again soon :rolleyes: Chalky, of course you are a star mate thanks for a great weekend.

Fantastic Night .....OSC goes from strength to strength

Well done all who put it together.........Great sets by Jon, Maz, Charlie & Tezz.hatsoff2.gif

Happy Birthday Maz & Del ..biggrin.gif

We traveled all the way from Iffley & Blackbird Leys ...and it was worth every mile...didn't get home until 01:30whistling.gif

Fantastic Night .....OSC goes from strength to strength

Well done all who put it together.........Great sets by Jon, Maz, Charlie & Tezz.:hatsoff2:

Happy Birthday Maz & Del ..:D

We traveled all the way from Iffley & Blackbird Leys ...and it was worth every mile...didn't get home until 01:30whistling

sorry, may be a long one,,,,(ramblings !)

Well, what can I say,

However many we get in there is always a good atmosphere at Oxford,

but Saturday the atmosphere was BRILLIANT.

I do love this night after our summer break as a lot of our regulars we haven't seen for months

(I know it's an old cliche, but a true one, that we don't have 'punters' they are all friends and I try to get round and have a chat with most of them.)

I couldn't believe it when Dave and Chalky walked up to the door,

Chalky, It's not surprising you and Dave were made a fuss of,

You two are loved by a LOT of people, so just enjoy.

Sound low !!!

Chalky, I wish I'd known as there is nearly 2000 watts of power on the stage and volume is the easiest tweck !!

My fault, too busy chatting.

Didn't expect Martin and Sue Taylor from Gloucester to come along, wonderful surprise.

Thanks you two for the Vid.

although we all look knackered in most pictures !!!!! hahahahaha

Big thank you Martin.

Maz got a little emotional when he turned round and saw his daughter from Norwich stood there.

Les wouldn't stop dancing, (11 hour spine operation 4 weeks ago !!!!!)

The Uni crowd:-

I just love this group of young people,

They come along and have such a good time it's refreshing to see,

and they are bringing their friends too,

I wish there was ten times as many of them (and one day there will be)

Quite a few newcomers in, even people from Holland and Germany !!!!

messages flying in thanking us for a great night,

on a sadder note, apologies from regulars not able to make it ( lot of 'flu' about, just getting over mine)

don't worry, get better first, there will be other nights

Music:-

I did say on 'events page' that Tezz would set the standard and the other boys would have to match it and I wasn't wrong.

Great sets from everyone,,,well done Boys

no good me saying what you played, you know I know sod all about the music, I just dance !!!!

Roll on our 4th. ANNIVERSARY NIGHT on SATURDAY the 11th. of DECEMBER with special guest

JO WALLACE (God help us !!!!!!!)

Once again, a BIG thank you to all who came and made it a pleasure for us to put on.

to be continued,,,,,forgot lots I was going to write.

Del.

Del ...really nice words mate about myself and Dave .... we love you also ..once again great great night ..see ya at the Next one :D

Nothing 'nice' about it Dave and Chalky,

It happens to be TRUE

Look after yourselves you two and we will see you soon,

Del and all from

Oxford Soul Club.

Edited by dcsoxford
Guest Glawster

:D to Del,Maz,Steve and everyone else involved @ Oxford Soul Club.

We've threatened to come up to this do for a while now and decided that Saturday we would go - What a gem,loved the venue as soon as I walked in,just had a "soulful" feel to it!

Great to be part of Maz's and Del's(as it turned out!He kept that quiet!) birthday celebrations. The dancefloor spoke volumes all night and was testament to the DJs - Its always nice to go to somewhere new and listen to whats being played and see crowd reactions and it has to be said it worked!

Del its a pleasure to do the you tube for you.

I noticed from chatting during the evening to loads of people and from posts on here the amount of travellers in,you know when you're onto something good when folks travel far and wide to support a do,along with the avid locals.

Friends thats a great term Del to use for folk as this certainly seems to be the case,roll on December I say and hopefully we'll get a few more Gloucestershire Soulies to come up with us.

See you soon.

Just to say thank you to everyone who attended. I like what Maz and Del say about the people attending. NOT Punters, friends.

When I ran a couple of gigs in Gloucestershire a few years ago, we had an expression that I feel said it all and applies to Oxford Soul Club so much.

"There are no strangers here, just friends yet to meet and make"

I look forward to getting the gig up and running next time in December. Sorry guys gonna get those punt, sorry friends up and knackered for you who follow....

Look forward to seeing everyone then...

Tezz

Soulies Live Young Lives Forever....

We only met Maz and Del 3 and a half years ago at one of the Nothampton weekenders, Del said "why don't you come to our next do".. OK we said and boy are we glad we did. It's exactly as Tezz said not punters or a number through the door ---------just friends, and what good friends too. Steve ,Maz and Del have a great little soul club , but it's not just theirs it's Daves,Charlies,Jons,and now Tezz too , the Banbury crew and all the travellers from far and wide, the students , hopefully the future of O.S.C, all of the incredibly friendly local crowd.

It was a great do on Saturday night , for lots of reasons. Great to see Les up and about again , thats determination for you, even made me stop moaning about my feet and knees ( well not for long ). Great also to see my best beloved dancing the night away, I ain't got nothing to moan about !!!!!!

Onwards and upwards , it's our 4th anniversary coming up next , with Jo so that'll be another cracker , Oxford soul club on tour to Hunstanton end of November , really looking forwards to that one

Take good care

Sreve and Chris

Guest Glawster

Forgot to mention the students in my post but we commented on them all night and I tagged my F/Book foto of them as the future! They enjoyed themselves from the minute they stepped in the place - magic!post-11061-035378800 1286301420_thumb.jp

We only met Maz and Del 3 and a half years ago at one of the Nothampton weekenders, Del said "why don't you come to our next do".. OK we said and boy are we glad we did. It's exactly as Tezz said not punters or a number through the door ---------just friends, and what good friends too. Steve ,Maz and Del have a great little soul club , but it's not just theirs it's Daves,Charlies,Jons,and now Tezz too , the Banbury crew and all the travellers from far and wide, the students , hopefully the future of O.S.C, all of the incredibly friendly local crowd.

It was a great do on Saturday night , for lots of reasons. Great to see Les up and about again , thats determination for you, even made me stop moaning about my feet and knees ( well not for long ). Great also to see my best beloved dancing the night away, I ain't got nothing to moan about !!!!!!

Onwards and upwards , it's our 4th anniversary coming up next , with Jo so that'll be another cracker , Oxford soul club on tour to Hunstanton end of November , really looking forwards to that one

Take good care

Sreve and Chris

WHAT A WONDERFUL NIGHT,VERY EMOTIONAL FOR ME.A BIG 60TS BIRTHDAY BASH FOR ME,LOTS OF SURPRISES THAT HAD ME IN TEARS AT TIMES.HAVING ALL THE FAMILY THERE FIRST TIME IN MANY YEARS.

HAVING BOTH MY DAUGHTERS THERE, A TREASURED MOMENT.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO JUNE,CHRIS,STEVE AND JOHN FOR ALL THE PRESENTS A SPECIALLY THE ZIMMER FRAME.

MARTIN AND SUE IT WAS ABSOLUTE DELIGHT THAT YOU MADE IT AT LAST,I READ YOURE COMMENTS WITH JOY.

IF YOUR BOTH NOT DOING ANYTHING ON APRIL 2ND 2011.WOULD LIKE TO INVITE TO COME OXFORD AND DO A MOTOWN SPOT FOR US. I AWAIT YOUR REPLY.

AS FOR ALL THE COMPLIMENTS ,VERY MOVING,THE ATMOSPHERE AT OXFORD IS WHAT WEVE ALWAYS SET OUT TO ACHIEVE (NO POLITICS) JUST PUNTERS BECOMING GREAT FRIENDS AND GIVING EVERYBODY A GOOD TIME INCLUDING OURSELVES.

NOW FOR THE MUSIC,

TEZZ, GREAT OPENING SET LOTS OF DANCERS SO EARLY ALWAYS SPEAKS VOLUMES FOR THE SET.

TERRY WELCOME TO THE TEAM ITS A PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD.

JON WILLIS ,QUALITY AND CLASS SOME WONDERFUL SOUNDS TO DIE FOR,ENVY SPRINGS TO MIND.

CHARLIE MAC.TOP NOTCH DANCERS ,THE FOLKS LOVED IT.

AND ME, CAN'T REMEMBER A BLOODY THING I PLAYED.

A REAL TREAT FOR US SATURDAY NIGHT WAS THE APPEARANCE OF CHALKY AND DAVE ,LOVELY GUYS WHO ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AT OXFORD.

AS FOR THE STUDENTS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE LOT, REQUESTED IMPRESSIONS,FRANKIE AND JOHNNY,GREAT TO HAVE THEM AT OXFORD.

A BIG THANKS TO THE ALWAYS SUPPORTIVE BANBURY CROWD,GOOD TO SEE KATH BAILEY AGAIN,AND MELLY TEE THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTS (WHATEVER YOUR ON ,I WANT SOME).CAN'T JUST BE THE BECKS.

FIONA ,WHEN YOU GO UP TO BLACKPOOL JUST SHOW EM' HOW ITS DONE.

A BIG THANKOU TO ALL OUR REGULARS ESPECIALLY RICHIE WHO TRAVELLED A MILE AND HALF (TOP GEEZER)

MOST OF ALL OXFORD WOULD NOT BE ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE,LONG IT MAY CONTINUE.

LOVE AND BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL

MAZ

Maz, i think what you actually played was a youth club set , just as well it was our age youth club and not yours otherwise you'd have played Vera Lynn or Flanagan and Allen !!!!!!!!!!!!

See you soon mate

Steve and Chris

xx

Maz, i think what you actually played was a youth club set , just as well it was our age youth club and not yours otherwise you'd have played Vera Lynn or Flanagan and Allen !!!!!!!!!!!!

See you soon mate

Steve and Chris

xx

HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOUR TALKING ABOUT

BUT IM SURE YOU WILL ENLIGHTEN ME AT SOME FUTURE DATE.

LOVE YOU BOTH

MAZ

Well, what a great night that turned out to be. People on the floor dancing before 8.30pm right through to a 1.00 am finish. Big thanks to everybody who came up from Banbury and supported the night. Had a great laugh with Dave and Chalky throughout the night. Lots of banter ....... good stuff! Glad to see Len back, after his back operation, (be out on the floor soon Len). And of course not forgetting Birthday Boy Maz. Hope you had a good time mate, you certainly looked as if you were enjoying it!

I followed Jon's spot on the decks. And what a set he played. I played a mix throughout my spot. Modern, R&B, bit of Motown and lots of Northern. Managed to play a few new buys, two that went down better than I thought were - The Bamboo's, "Tighten Up" - Kay-Dee and Wess & The Airedales, I'll Never Turn My Back On You - Durilim. Nice to see a few of the students in on the night mixing with everyone and enjoying themselves.

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

(next Banbury Soul Nite - 6th November - 7th Anniversary Special - Guest DJ West Midlands Own, John Weston - 8.00 to 1.00. Free anniversary cd.) Music policy ATB.

Guest Glawster

WHAT A WONDERFUL NIGHT,VERY EMOTIONAL FOR ME.A BIG 60TS BIRTHDAY BASH FOR ME,LOTS OF SURPRISES THAT HAD ME IN TEARS AT TIMES.HAVING ALL THE FAMILY THERE FIRST TIME IN MANY YEARS.

HAVING BOTH MY DAUGHTERS THERE, A TREASURED MOMENT.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO JUNE,CHRIS,STEVE AND JOHN FOR ALL THE PRESENTS A SPECIALLY THE ZIMMER FRAME.

MARTIN AND SUE IT WAS ABSOLUTE DELIGHT THAT YOU MADE IT AT LAST,I READ YOURE COMMENTS WITH JOY.

IF YOUR BOTH NOT DOING ANYTHING ON APRIL 2ND 2011.WOULD LIKE TO INVITE TO COME OXFORD AND DO A MOTOWN SPOT FOR US. I AWAIT YOUR REPLY.

AS FOR ALL THE COMPLIMENTS ,VERY MOVING,THE ATMOSPHERE AT OXFORD IS WHAT WEVE ALWAYS SET OUT TO ACHIEVE (NO POLITICS) JUST PUNTERS BECOMING GREAT FRIENDS AND GIVING EVERYBODY A GOOD TIME INCLUDING OURSELVES.

NOW FOR THE MUSIC,

TEZZ, GREAT OPENING SET LOTS OF DANCERS SO EARLY ALWAYS SPEAKS VOLUMES FOR THE SET.

TERRY WELCOME TO THE TEAM ITS A PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD.

JON WILLIS ,QUALITY AND CLASS SOME WONDERFUL SOUNDS TO DIE FOR,ENVY SPRINGS TO MIND.

CHARLIE MAC.TOP NOTCH DANCERS ,THE FOLKS LOVED IT.

AND ME, CAN'T REMEMBER A BLOODY THING I PLAYED.

A REAL TREAT FOR US SATURDAY NIGHT WAS THE APPEARANCE OF CHALKY AND DAVE ,LOVELY GUYS WHO ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AT OXFORD.

AS FOR THE STUDENTS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE LOT, REQUESTED IMPRESSIONS,FRANKIE AND JOHNNY,GREAT TO HAVE THEM AT OXFORD.

A BIG THANKS TO THE ALWAYS SUPPORTIVE BANBURY CROWD,GOOD TO SEE KATH BAILEY AGAIN,AND MELLY TEE THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTS (WHATEVER YOUR ON ,I WANT SOME).CAN'T JUST BE THE BECKS.

FIONA ,WHEN YOU GO UP TO BLACKPOOL JUST SHOW EM' HOW ITS DONE.

A BIG THANKOU TO ALL OUR REGULARS ESPECIALLY RICHIE WHO TRAVELLED A MILE AND HALF (TOP GEEZER)

MOST OF ALL OXFORD WOULD NOT BE ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE,LONG IT MAY CONTINUE.

LOVE AND BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL

MAZ

Maz - We would love to! Date pencilled in on the calendar,speak to you @ the next Soulfusion

Source Advert