KevH

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Some great times there, fab soul night. Used to run mini bus from Chesterfield for a while too. First place outside of Chesterfield I Dj'ed at.

One of the funniest moments was when the two old dears behind the bar (forget their names but they were great) threw Pete Lawson out for some misdemeanour laugh.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Had some great night's there at Rob's doos. Even though I got a proper bollocking of that awld polish bloke who used to own it for putting out flyers for the Ripley Soul nights. Which never clashed and with the permission of Rob :thumbup:

I also had some amazing nights there when it became the Venue: the first home of Geoff Oak's Renaisance House nighters with the Likes of Frankie Knuckles guesting. Saw Gwen McCrea doing a live PA there too

Is that Hell's Angels club house still round the back? Moody place that.

Social source share

Had some great night's there at Rob's doos. Even though I got a proper bollocking of that awld polish bloke who used to own it for putting out flyers for the Ripley Soul nights. Which never clashed and with the permission of Rob :lol:

I also had some amazing nights there when it became the Venue: the first home of Geoff Oak's Renaisance House nighters with the Likes of Frankie Knuckles guesting. Saw Gwen McCrea doing a live PA there too

Vibealite was there as well wasn't it? Club House,probably.Victoria Street.

Social source share

Had some great night's there at Rob's doos. Even though I got a proper bollocking of that awld polish bloke who used to own it for putting out flyers for the Ripley Soul nights. Which never clashed and with the permission of Rob :lol:

House , it's more lke Fort Knox. Only went a few times as I was off the scene then , seem to remember some rather steep stairs .

Social source share

Just drove by, the old place is flat as a pancake now!

Great memories:)

Great memories indeed,the time we used to get in there though mate we missed all of Rob & jims big tunes.:D

Great guest djs at the trotters Gary Rushbrooke Richard Searling,,Soul Sam? ..Rob Wigley..Guy Hennighan Rob Smith..This was between 1983-1991 when the scene was suppose to be dead:no: .

I cant beleive how quickly that Trotters has been knocked down when you consider the old Mansfield general hospital is still standing derelict after all these years..

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Already half demolished,PD's thread reminded me to post this up.Rob Marriots old stomping ground.

Watch out for the dancefloor for sale - 12" planks on ebay.:lol: .

made it there a few times, one getting lost in a minibus coming over the tops from manchester seemed to take hours........

Social source share

Had some great night's there at Rob's doos. Even though I got a proper bollocking of that awld polish bloke who used to own it for putting out flyers for the Ripley Soul nights. Which never clashed and with the permission of Rob :(

I vaguely remember "Trotters" from a mod night (or it might have been a soul night with mods there) about 86/87 ? but I certainly remember Renaissance :lol: listening to FK, Sasha, John Digweed & many more. Can't remember who I saw there :lol::lol::D

Brilliant place both as Trotters & Venue 44 :lol:

Edited by Alison H
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert