News: Shotgun Records Sam Dees And Eddie Floyds New 45S Out Monday

Guest Paul

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Very nice indeed Paul great double sider this one and the Sam Dees also good luck mate...will be buying these, can you order them now from your site?

Andy Mann :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Love it, both sides are brilliant. Got to hear both sides on one of the test pressings and they sound incredible. Hope you do well with this and the Sam Dees release, two soul music legends.

Thanks Tomo,

The stock has arrived now so my office is full of boxes. The quality is excellent, they're probably the best 45s I've ever mastered / pressed.

Pop in for a cuppa.

Social source share

Very nice indeed Paul great double sider this one and the Sam Dees also good luck mate...will be buying these, can you order them now from your site?

Andy Mann :rolleyes:

Hello Andy,

They will be available via the usual outlets from Monday but you can also buy direct from SELREC if you want. I'll put a paypal link on the website.

Meanwhile, just email me at: info@selectarecords.com for a copy.

Best wishes,

Paul

Social source share

I'm thrilled with these two comments on facebook...

EDDIE HUBBARD: "Probably the best new release of this or any other year, what an incredible double headed gem"

ROD DEARLOVE: "These are the best 2 45s issued this year"

:yes:ohmy.gif

Social source share

Two fabulous sides on the Sam Dees , topside is a fantastic mid to uptempo dancer with brilliant vocals and lyrics , " Tampa " is an incredible Deep Soul burner ..........

A round of applause is well deserved Paul :yes:

Love the SD sides , but the EF is something else ...... the horns and the female backing on " MY " are excellent .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Great to see these Paul(finally!!) i can stop sending you the weekly e-mail now

Great qaulity as well ,put mine to one side!!

T.C

Social source share

Great to see these Paul(finally!!) i can stop sending you the weekly e-mail now

Great qaulity as well ,put mine to one side!!

T.C

Ah, I'm gonna miss those weekly emails, Tony.

...unless you start emailing me to ask when SHOT 105 and SHOT 106 are coming out.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

A round of applause is well deserved Paul :thumbsup:

Love the SD sides , but the EF is something else ...... the horns and the female backing on " MY " are excellent .

Malc

Hello Malc,

It's the Memphis Horns, Wayne Jackson and Andrew Love.

The backing vocals are by Jewel Bass, Valerie Kashimua and a girl called Cheryl.

The rhythm section featured James Robertson on drums, Ray Griffin on bass and Carson Whitsett on keyboards. Carson passed away not very long ago.

Paul

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Paul---just listened (for the first time) to all 4 sides thru Headphones ------absolutely crystal clear lyrics and backing ---brilliant!!

Well worth the wait(honest!!)

Next some unreleased Eddie Hinton!!!!!

T.C

Social source share

Paul---just listened (for the first time) to all 4 sides thru Headphones ------absolutely crystal clear lyrics and backing ---brilliant!!

Well worth the wait(honest!!)

Next some unreleased Eddie Hinton!!!!!

T.C

Sadly I don't have rights to any Eddie Hinton masters, just publishing rights to a few of his songs.

The next two Shotgun 45s aren't previously unissued things. Both will be out in November.

Paul

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Sadly I don't have rights to any Eddie Hinton masters, just publishing rights to a few of his songs.

The next two Shotgun 45s aren't previously unissued things. Both will be out in November.

Paul

Rights??? when did that bother some people!!!lol

T.C

Social source share

Can I get em from you Paul, direct, or are you distributing them to outlets, let me know purchasing details please, haven,t heard them yet but the buzz they are creating from the right people will do for me.

Best

Kev

Hello Kev,

You can buy direct, just email me for details: info@selectarecords.com

Copies are also stocked by the usual outlets such as Crazy Beat, Voices, Simply Soul, Hall of Fame, Steve's Soul Sounds and others. They're also available from Record Shack (Austria) and Disk Union (Japan).

Release date is Monday but most outlets already have stock.

Best wishes,

Paul

Social source share

Today is the release date and copies are in stock at Crazy Beat, Voices, Simply Soul, Hall of Fame, Steve's Soul Sounds, Vivid Sound, Record Shack (Austria), Disk Union (Japan) etc.

Copies can also be ordered direct from SELREC.

Just email me at info@selectarecords.com for details.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!