Record Rooms

• Replies 67
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Russ, My record room is pretty new, must say i thought long and hard about the best way to store things. As well as records I also have a lot of packaging materials etc which was also a factor. Also the walls are a big part of the room, decorated with memoribilia i had picked up mainly in the States over the years, acetates, red vinyl 45s etc...it takes a bit of planning to get it right! I also have a Billy bookcase for my LPs.

Chris

PS. I had a wooden floor and a swivel chair with wheels on it...perfect for getting around the room without getting off my arse!

Social source share

When i said I had tidied it i mean Helen walked in yesterday and said "Oh my god, why isn`t it always like this"! We have a cleaner...but she never goes into the record room to clean...she would be charging double....I even polished.

Just hope Lars appreciates it!

Chris.

ps. One kid, one on the way...my only motivation to go for the snip is to keep my record room I worked long and hard for!

Social source share

On 10/20/2010 at 22:34, theresa said:

Hey Kris, impressively tidy! I was going to ask the same thing as Sian - bet you've got Virgo rising, ooer :wub: PM me your time & date of birth & I'll cast your chart :yes:

The moral of the story is, get a Gemini bird to plan & design your room for maximum comfort & style. Get a Virgo bloke (like Len, above) to painstakingly put everything into alphabetical colour-coded categories, cross-referenced by genre, date, popularity, condition, price, value & anything else you can think of :thumbup:

I am available for commissions, currently in the planning stage for a northern DJ. The first item of storage going into his room is one of these... :D

Now there is a realist. Well done Theresa. :yes:

I'm a 'lil bit more random then the norm. Too many friggin' catergories for a start......

A major part of the pleasure of maintaining a huge collection is not necessarily knowing what you have and then subsequently discovering stuff that you already own but haven't necessarily even listened to just lately.

Hence the beers make perfect sense.

Well done!

Ian D :)

Social source share

On 10/20/2010 at 16:08, Russ Vickers said:

I'll be honest Len, the inspiration actually came initially from seeing your record room & I have hankered after a room similar since, the nice thing with your room being, its a space were you & mates can chill & really enjoy the experience, I particularly want a glass coffee table too :D .........its important for me to not only have storeage, but to have a space to listen & enjoy too.

Hope you & Nina are well.

Russ x

:thumbsup::):yes: After reading someone mention 'Virgo' I new it was only a matter of time until Theresa mentioned my name! - I'm not only Virgo, I'm also (Ever so slightly) 'O.C.D' and proud! (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) Yep I think I may be the only 'O.C.D' DJ! - God that's confusing what with 'O.V.O' as well! Lol - My point being 'Neat and Tidy' is best...

I think we are all agreed that record insurance is almost impossible - I would recommend the Roller Shutter Door as you can see in my picture. Some may say extravagant, but not really compared to what we spend on records.

All the best,

Len.

"It's worth remembering that - It is much more disheartening to have to steal, than to be stolen from..."

557a95525e373_post-1733-0199258001287659557a9554c6e0f_post-1733-0432270001287659557a95569af8b_post-1733-0717753001287659

Social source share

:thumbsup::):yes: After reading someone mention 'Virgo' I new it was only a matter of time until Theresa mentioned my name! - I'm not only Virgo, I'm also (Ever so slightly) 'O.C.D' and proud! (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) Yep I think I may be the only 'O.C.D' DJ! - God that's confusing what with 'O.V.O' as well! Lol - My point being 'Neat and Tidy' is best...

I think we are all agreed that record insurance is almost impossible - I would recommend the Roller Shutter Door as you can see in my picture. Some may say extravagant, but not really compared to what we spend on records.

All the best,

Len.

Nought wrong with Virgos Len, we are the most perfect star sign and modest with it...:D

Social source share

Brilliant Chris.............

Russ

Hi Russ,

Message from Nina (In Blue) These Record Rooms will be the 'Long Distance' future of the soul-scene. When we're all too old to travel up and down the country there will be loads of litle soul nights in these places - Roll on!

All the best,

Len.

"I wouldn't be where I am today without my Sat-Nav!"

Best thread I've read all year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No politics just the shared weirdness of everyone loving small pieces of round black plastic. love it love it love it - I think we should organise record room coach tours!!

Edited by LEN
Social source share

On 10/21/2010 at 18:16, ged parker said:

Here's mine which is a work in progress, but essentially full so the rest are in wardrobes, loft space, under beds etc. At least they're all in the house now. laugh.gif

Now Thats What I Call A Record Room! Tidy And Well Organised! When Can You Pop Round Ged And Sort Out Mine?? I'll Get The Kettle On Eh? :lol::)yes.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Now Thats What I Call A Record Room! Tidy And Well Organised! When Can You Pop Round Ged And Sort Out Mine?? I'll Get The Kettle On Eh? :hypo::g::yes::sweatingbullets:

The organisation is just an illusion John, I've almost no idea where anything is. (except the boxed stuff). Anyway I bet you're still unpacking aren't ya.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Ideally a record room should have a wooden (or fake wood) fllor, and mirror so you can check out just how cool you are grooving to records at home. Alone. :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WPaulVanDyk

i can't show you ouyr dpare room of records since is it a top and needs sorting. I have been known that people can see a whole loads of CD's in background when i do you tube videos. That's my cd singles and only part of them i have shelfs of over 4,000 cd singles collected over the years of all music genres. everything from the band A to The Zuttons and even singles on soul singers like Kenny Thomas, Stevie Wonder etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert