Pete S

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:thumbup: Thing is - it depends why you want them. The examples shown are pretty sh!ite but it's label damage. In an ideal world everyone would find a perfect mint copy of their desired vinyl. But.........not everyone regards themselves as a collector and just wants the sound (yes , because they collect them :thumbsup: ) , and for arguements sake (and it's a well worn arguement) on original vinyl. I'd sooner have a crap water damaged label on an Ex to Mint player than a decent looking copy that sounds like a box of Snap Crackle & Pop. I'd sooner own a water damaged Shrine label, courtesy of Washington DC Fire Services than an unsleeved copy that's been abused through years of neglect. What's in the groove counts for a lot. Some would even go so far to say that label damage and w.o.l. can be regarded as part of the vinyl's history. To others condition, including the label, is everything. It's all relative.

:thumbsup: Kev

Social source share

:huh: Thing is - it depends why you want them. The examples shown are pretty sh!ite but it's label damage. In an ideal world everyone would find a perfect mint copy of their desired vinyl. But.........not everyone regards themselves as a collector and just wants the sound (yes , because they collect them :thumbsup: ) , and for arguements sake (and it's a well worn arguement) on original vinyl. I'd sooner have a crap water damaged label on an Ex to Mint player than a decent looking copy that sounds like a box of Snap Crackle & Pop. I'd sooner own a water damaged Shrine label, courtesy of Washington DC Fire Services than an unsleeved copy that's been abused through years of neglect. What's in the groove counts for a lot. Some would even go so far to say that label damage and w.o.l. can be regarded as part of the vinyl's history. To others condition, including the label, is everything. It's all relative.

:thumbsup: Kev

F*ck me I just wanted to see pictures of shitty record labels not get your life story :thumbup:

Social source share

F*ck me I just wanted to see pictures of shitty record labels not get your life story :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbup: But I'm bored Pete.

When the old grey matter is working again I'll remember which Stateside vinyl I have where some t0sser has removed the top layer of the label and hand drawn a Kent/Modern label in felt-tip. :ohmy:wtf

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: But I'm bored Pete.

When the old grey matter is working again I'll remember which Stateside vinyl I have where some t0sser has removed the top layer of the label and hand drawn a Kent/Modern label in felt-tip. :ohmy:wtf

There's this spaghetti western inspired reggae tune by The Concords called Return Of The Pollock, it's supposed to be Return Of The Polak but they obviously couldn't spell it, I have yet to see a copy which hasn't been changed to return Of The Bollock :thumbup: childish but always makes me laugh

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!