Mark Jones

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

great stafford tune, i heard he ws a white guy, shouldnt be hard or expensive record to get,good luck

jason

Yes that's right Jason. Also, a lot of Lanor's releases were Cajun records.

And if you want yourself a real bargain, check LN 529 on the list: https://www.lanorreco...S45NEWPAGE.html

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Charles Mann is indeed white. He came close to having a UK pop hit with his cajun version of Dire Straits' 'Walk Of Life' but, like many Louisiana singers, is at home with a soul tune too.

I carry a fair stock of Lanor singles which I get directly from the Murrays who now own the label. Alas 'Hey Little Girl' is sold out but I do have some of Charles' other Lanor releases, also Hugh Boynton on Lanor 561. I've got fair stocks of Jin, Soul Unlimited and Goldband (including their soul label Anla) too. I can send lists out to anyone who's interested in enhancing their Louisiana soul collection.

Social source share

Charles Mann is indeed white. He came close to having a UK pop hit with his cajun version of Dire Straits' 'Walk Of Life' but, like many Louisiana singers, is at home with a soul tune too.

I carry a fair stock of Lanor singles which I get directly from the Murrays who now own the label. Alas 'Hey Little Girl' is sold out but I do have some of Charles' other Lanor releases, also Hugh Boynton on Lanor 561. I've got fair stocks of Jin, Soul Unlimited and Goldband (including their soul label Anla) too. I can send lists out to anyone who's interested in enhancing their Louisiana soul collection.

is this the same Charles Mann?

Charles Louis Domingue was born Nov. 22, 1944 in Welsh, Louisiana. As a youngster he would sing along while listening to the radio and later in life joined the church choir. At 16 he joined a local band, Ricky and the Hound Dogs, singing rock & roll and South Louisiana Music, now known as Swamp Pop. Later, he joined the group, The Electradoors, from Gueydan, Lousiana. In 1965 their first single, "Keep Your Arms Around Me," was recorded and "Charles Mann" was born. The single became a huge regional hit which was soon followed by several others.

Social source share

Sorry to see that your keyboard isn't working properly. Let me help you by tapping on my keyboard the missing letters of yours...

Hugh Boynton - Girl I Feel It - (available to purchase from... Fl***y)ph34r.gif

Sor*y, look* like my keybo*rd has a probl*ms, too! laugh.gif

Thought I'd make an oblique reference to it, in case it was still a closely guarded secret! But of course we know it as that double-sider; "Girl I Feel It / Running Down My Legs"

Social source share