Solid Hit Soul 8-10-2010

Thank you Dave Greenhill, Stuart Tyler, Des Parker, Shane Cox and stand in guest Ted Massey............I've not got out much in recent weeks and so, was looking forward to Friday night as it seemed ages since the last SHS. So in the company of the three best looking ladies on the scene (see below) i enjoyed a top night of uptempo northern soul and a good splash of R&B. The place got very full...loads of youngsters who danced all night...not surprised....the music was fantastic.....I've still got J D Bryant, Eddie Parker, Lou Pride, Hayes Cotton, J T Parker, Ike and Tina and loads of others banging in my head this morning.

Andy Killick was billed as the special guest but i understand he was taken ill on Thursday night. Ted Massey was of course a worthy replacement. Mello Souls was not missed!!! Get well soon AK.

post-1897-002741400 1286601635_thumb.jpg

post-1897-002741400 1286601635_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

Gutted we couldnt make this in the end but a shite day at work for Marie and not getting home as early as she liked put paid to our attendance :shades: Dave can you please put the next one on when Marie works the Friday early shift so we have no excuses next time :thumbsup:

glad it was a packer the music that gets played deserves it :lol:

atb

Bearsy & Marie

Guest CapitolSC

What an atmospheric night or what, this is what it is all about yes.gif

All the resident DJ's played tune after tune after tune and Ted Massey (standing in at such short notice for Andy who was taken ill, wishing that you are feeling alot better Andy and that you will DJ again soon at SHS), played so many awesome tunes, there was no stopping Ted hatsoff2.gif. I have Rita and The Tiaras going round my head today as well as too many others to mention!

A lovely mixture of people, as always, and nice speaking to the two young guys at the end of the night, a pleasure, shame we didn't speak before, but we were all too busy dancing and could have danced all night long as you did not want it to end, so a big thumbup.gif to everyone.

One of my most memorable nights there to date, it was magical, roll on the next one 3rd December thumbsup.gif sx

Well i got the call from Des at 12.00, fancy standing in for Andy, it was going to be quiet night at my sister in laws enjoying her cooking (after a few frantic phone calls and apologises) but after doing the last one and remembering what a great night it was how could i refuse. Got to say it was even better this time dont think i have ever been to a venue where at least half were in their 20's and really up for it. played a mixture with a few oldies chucked in. Des said we'll have to make you a resident so we dont have to pay you:lol: . the 4 guys who run this all have tremendous collections so you have to be on the ball. Once again thanks for asking till the next time!!!!! try and give me a bit more notice lads:lol:

Guest BintofSoul

What a fantastic night! Great music, great atmosphere and lovely soulful peeps! Thanks for the CD's RBman and Dave.

See you in December Matey.

Nicki XXXX

Edited by BintofSoul

Thanks Martin for kicking this off & all posters & of course everyone who turned out on the night.................& what a night !

A slow start numbers wise & I knew that a fair number of regulars would be missing & I was beginning to worry :thumbsup: Fortunately things started picking up during Stuarts spot & we ended up being packed out again. Amazed at how many youngsters turned up & they really seemed up for everything the DJs threw at them & I didn't hear any moaning about young kids blah blah blah.......or come to that about all the old fat bald geysers:lol: Everyone just got on & enjoyed themselves ,at times it seemed that the whole club was bouncing with dancers, tremendous atmosphere & I just wish that we were doing another one this week:lol:

As mentioned Andy Killick was taken ill & unable to attend, hope everything is ok Andy. So a very big Thanks to Ted Massey who came to our rescue at the shortest of notice, giving up home cooking & no doubt in the sister in laws bad books for a while. Having DJ'd at the previous Solid Hit Ted knew what was expected of him, play bloody classy music.....& he certainly did!!! :thumbsup: Absolutely brilliant set, the dance floor was rammed & even i dragged my gammy knee around the dancefloor a few times, barging into people, treading on toes, running out of breath half way through......the usual greenhill dance experience :(

Another great night at Solid Hit & yes of course I'm biased but i reckon 85 people agreed with me on friday.

For underplayed & semi knowns it's a good place to be :hatsoff2:

We're back on Friday 3rd December

all best :hatsoff2:

Dave