Route61 Sheffield

just woke up gonna have breakfast & head back to route61 for eqip, deffo not leaving speakers.

wow what a terrific super smashing fab great night,

:ohmy::thumbsup::D to everyone who came last night,

you were one bloody great crowd & i raise a toast to you all for the none stop dancing from the moment you arrived to going home,what an electric atmosphere,

you were the dream that woke me up lamsey.gif

thank you to our guest dj graham weaver from the grosvenor rooms a fantastic set,

also to our new warm up man barnsley john (he is coming on strong)

& to kath on the door who greets you with a smile

thankyou to mind body & soul for there attendance with t shirts etc.

to bro mark & mates dave & paul (ya looking good guys)

to my partner in running route61 soulman martin many thanks pal,

untill next month friday november 12th. which is our anniversary with free cds, also my 61st birthday, take care of your selves TTFN,

FOZZIE

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

the duckworths and the dingles had another cracking night last night, and gotta mention john barnsley a belter of a spot,

IMHO john is a top man and knows his music

sees yous all again next month

ps dont forget its r angies 50th birthday bash at the robin hood brierley barnsley on

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 20TH

ALL WELCOME TO THIS SOUL AND MOTOWN NIGHT

cheers b:hatsoff2:

Guest dazzzzler

just woke up gonna have breakfast & head back to route61 for eqip, deffo not leaving speakers.

:ohmy::thumbsup::D to everyone who came last night,

you were one bloody great crowd & i raise a toast to you all for the none stop dancing from the moment you arrived to going home,what an electric atmosphere,

you were the dream that woke me up lamsey.gif

thank you to our guest dj graham weaver from the grosvenor rooms a fantastic set,

untill next month friday november 12th. which is our anniversary with free cds, also my 61st birthday, take care of your selves TTFN,

FOZZIE

hey up steve glad u ad top night,we where coming but i fell down a hole at work ,so ended up in A andE.got a gud black eye,ha.:lol: .catch you later:thumbsup: .ktf

Guest dazzzzler

the duckworths and the dingles had another cracking night last night, and gotta mention john barnsley a belter of a spot,

ps dont forget its r angies 50th birthday bash at the robin hood brierley barnsley on

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 20TH

cant miss that bry ,got nice meercat she might like.:lol:

Thanks for a top night guys, nice variety in the playlists, great guest dj's and as usual an appreciative crowd that seemed to be on the floor all the time! Niagra seems to be getting better and better with each visit. ATB & KTF

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:shades: Wow what a fantastic night last night all the djs played fantastic sets , :lol::thumbsup::shades::no::D grey crackin set mate and also reisdents steve and martin also john who kicked of on the warm up :yes: its was great to see all my mates from E.M.S.C and the grovesnor crew nice one proper soul atmosphear were dancing and the music go together. Also paul thnx from mind body and soul, clothing, hope louise is feeling better mate. catch you all at the anniversary ROUTE 61 steve birthday also , so till next one cya all soon:thumbup:

PEACE KTF

:lol::thumbsup::shades: to everyone who came last night,

you were the dream that woke me up :shades:

FOZZIE

hatsoff2.gifjust gets better , cracking nite and A1 tunes played from every dj, john played a fantastic spot , graham brilliant , like the comments say, the dance floor was full all nite , mi head sore today but i blame the old dears for letting me drink so much , im an orphan soon as them 2 sisters are leaving me at home and going on their hols , great to see the notts crew over the border , keep it going its a belter of a venue

regards 2dinnersthumbsup.gif

I am astounded by the positive comments made about my spot at Route 61, they are much appreciated. I only dj for the fun of it and the love of the music so feel very proud to have contributed to your enjoyment of the night.

John Barnsley

hatsoff2.gifwhy astounded john , it was a cracking spot mate , the music and the people make the scene what it is , and when folk say it was brilliant it is meant, was a great nite from start to finish .

KTF 2 dinners

I am astounded by the positive comments made about my spot at Route 61, they are much appreciated. I only dj for the fun of it and the love of the music so feel very proud to have contributed to your enjoyment of the night.

John Barnsley

John you did us proud matey :hatsoff2: thankx all you lovely people for your nice replies hope you all make the next one for our first anniversary Nov.12th. & help me celebrate my 61st birthday.

Fozzie

hey up steve glad u ad top night,we where coming but i fell down a hole at work ,so ended up in A andE.got a gud black eye,ha.:lol: .catch you later:thumbsup: .ktf

thankx Daz, sorry to here you have had a fall get well soon matey:yes: :hatsoff2: you missed a great night at route61

Fozzie

Guest RICTIC
:hatsoff2: hiya fozzie & crew thanks for the invite to play at a fantasic venue route 61 ,and to carl & the dance posse coming and supporting me and rob &mark grosvenor crew and others who came to see me play, great nite great atmosphere dance floor full all nite ,see you next sat at the grov, its are anniversary and caspers & suzanns wedding at the the grov as well ,its gonna be a goodun ktf rictic:ohmy:

:lol: hiya fozzie & crew thanks for the invite to play at a fantasic venue route 61 ,and to carl & the dance posse coming and supporting me and rob &mark grosvenor crew and others who came to see me play, great nite great atmosphere dance floor full all nite ,see you next sat at the grov, its are anniversary and caspers & suzanns wedding at the the grov as well ,its gonna be a goodun ktf rictic:ohmy:

:hatsoff2:hya Gray, it was a delight to have you play mate brill spot & yes thankx to Carl, Mark, Rob & all the folk from yr area it was an exciting night plenty of gr8 music & fabo dancing throughout the night, loved it from the start to end with a full dance floor.

|Fozzie

Guest BrandySistaShirl

John Barnsley

THANKS FOR PLAYING SOMEBODYS BEEN SLEEPING.:hatsoff2:

GREAT JOHN.

CRACKING NITE ONCE AGAIN.

NICE TO SEE IAN.CARL N CREW.

ALL D.JS SPOT ON.

K.T.F.SHIRL.X

:hatsoff2::lol::lol: to everyone who came last night,

you were the dream that woke me up :yes:

FOZZIE

Another great night at Route 61

An excellent turnout considering that we were smack in the middle of the Skeggy and Scarborough weekenders and great to see people travelling from Notts, Stockport and Barnsley, not forgetting all of the the regulars from Sheffield.

John Barnsley opened up with a fantastic spot of classic and forgotten oldies which really set the scene for the rest of the night.hatsoff2.gif

Fozzie and guest DJ Graham Weaver kept the dancefloor full with excellent spots and it was pretty clear that some people didnt want to go home and, after Fozzie had run 15 minutes over time, almost got locked in by the bar staff.

Another great night and already looking forward to the double celebration in November of the Route 61 1st Anniversary and Steve Fosters 61st Birthday

Martin

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 20TH

hya Barney, its always a pleasure to see you & all the barnsley gang down at the Route61 :hatsoff2::lol: :lol:

Fozzie

Guest tree tops

steve another top night great to to see the crews from notts / barnsley/ lancs / all the djs played top music looking forward to november hard work paying off ktf paul:thumbsup:

steve another top night great to to see the crews from notts / barnsley/ lancs / all the djs played top music looking forward to november hard work paying off ktf paul:thumbsup:

thanks Paul,

the reward for hard work is making sure that all who come have a great night with a mixture of soul that they want to hear & dance to with a great sound system, on that subject it is one thing that i do make sure is spot on! because i used to leave my speakers there i was horrified when i went to set up friday afternoon & discovered that some s**thead had used my most treasured expensive proffessional speakers which i have had for a long time & recently had all new units installed had blown all the units in the cabs, thats why i had to buy new speakers believe me i was quite upset, but they sounded great result top night, thanks once again to you all for great support. looking forward to Nov.12th double celebration.

Fozzie

Guest BrandySistaShirl

hatsoff2.gifjust gets better , cracking nite and A1 tunes played from every dj, john played a fantastic spot , graham brilliant , like the comments say, the dance floor was full all nite , mi head sore today but i blame the old dears for letting me drink so much , im an orphan soon as them 2 sisters are leaving me at home and going on their hols , great to see the notts crew over the border , keep it going its a belter of a venue

regards 2dinnersthumbsup.gif

MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR BREAK FROM US.:D

I KNOW WE TAKE SOME LOOKING AFTER AT TIMES.....(WELL JOYCE DOES!!!!:ohmy:

VAL AND A FEW OTHERS HAVE SAID THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU WHILE WERE AWAY.:rolleyes:

NOT 2 MUCH ARTEXIN WHILE WERE GONE EITHER!!!!!!X

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Another great night at Route 61

An excellent turnout considering that we were smack in the middle of the Skeggy and Scarborough weekenders and great to see people travelling from Notts, Stockport and Barnsley, not forgetting all of the the regulars from Sheffield.

John Barnsley opened up with a fantastic spot of classic and forgotten oldies which really set the scene for the rest of the night.:thumbup:

Fozzie and guest DJ Graham Weaver kept the dancefloor full with excellent spots and it was pretty clear that some people didnt want to go home and, after Fozzie had run 15 minutes over time, almost got locked in by the bar staff.

Another great night and already looking forward to the double celebration in November of the Route 61 1st Anniversary and Steve Fosters 61st Birthday

Martin

OOOPS FORGOT TO THANK THE LADIES ON THE DOOR.

ALWAYS A SMILE AND A FRIENDLY GREETING AWAITS YOU.

THANKS LADIES.:shades::no: .X

Guest Old Soul

Yes! another cracking night at the Niagra :hatsoff2: Great music as always from the regular DJ's Fozzie and Martin, a marvellous start from John to get us in the mood and then great uptempo stuff from Weaver, It dosnt get much better than this, me poor feet were throbing ...KTF

WELL ,FIRST TIME AT ROUTE 61,I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE VENUE,NICE SIZE,THE SYSTEM SOUNDED BANG ON{IF YOU LEAVE YOUR GEAR OUT STEVE THERE,S ALWAYS A CHANCE SOMEONE ELSE IS GOING TO USE IT,LIVE AND LEARN}ALL DJS PLAYED SOME GREAT SOUNDS SOME A LITTLE DIFFERENT BUT UP TEMPO ALL THE SAME,ALL IN ALL ITS A MUST TRY IT,BUT I DONT THINK OUR LOCALS WILL BE TO HAPPY WITH TRYING TO POUCH ME,LOL,GREAT VENUE STEVE,MARTIN,KTF,CARL.....:D:thumbsup:

Guest SoulSceneRob

Hiya all,

Sorry reply is a bit late but been a bit busy. Just wanted to say thanks for a great night guys. thumbsup.gif we really enjoyed the night and will be coming back again. All dj's played to the crowd and did you proud. biggrin.gif Gray as always delivered in true Weaver style biggrin.gif Such a blend of Great Northern tunes and I think a good night was had by all. Also like to say thanks for inviting me to DJ for you in the future, Just let me know when and Ill be there for you guys. thumbsup.gif

Keeping the faith ALWAYS

Rob "n" Mark

Hiya all,

Sorry reply is a bit late but been a bit busy. Just wanted to say thanks for a great night guys. thumbsup.gif we really enjoyed the night and will be coming back again. All dj's played to the crowd and did you proud. biggrin.gif Gray as always delivered in true Weaver style biggrin.gif Such a blend of Great Northern tunes and I think a good night was had by all. Also like to say thanks for inviting me to DJ for you in the future, Just let me know when and Ill be there for you guys. thumbsup.gif

Keeping the faith ALWAYS

Rob "n" Mark

We be looking forward to it Rob. KTF Dave

DJ's Playlists?

Heres mine

10 -11

• Hank Jacobs - Elijah rockin with soul - Call Me
  • Art Freeman - Slippin around with you - Fame (DJ)
  • Adams Apples - You are the one I love - Brunswick (DJ)
  • Fred Hughes - Baby boy - Brunswick
  • Gladys Knight - Just walk in my shoes - Soul (DJ)
  • Isley Brothers - Take some time out for love - Tamla
  • Johnny Sayles - I cant get enough - St Lawrence
  • Lynne Randell - Stranger in my arms - Epic (DJ)
  • Johnny Wyatt - This thing called love - Bronco
  • Porgy & the Monarchs -My heart cries for you - Musicor
  • Fantastic Puzzles - Come back - New Moon (DJ)
  • Tyrone Barklay - Man of value - Midsong
  • Tony Middleton - Paris blues - Mala
  • Paul Anka - I cant help loving you - RCA
  • Eddie & Ernie - I cant do it - Eastern
  • Belles - Dont pretend - Mirwood
  • Bobby Hutton - Lend a hand - ABC
  • Four Pros - Just another girl - Carla
  • Cooperettes - Shing - a - ling - Brunswick
  • Shirley Lawson - One more chance - Back Beat
  • Edward Hamilton - Baby dont you weep - Mary Jane
  • Tempos - Countdown here I come - Canterbury
  • Roy Hamilton - Its a sad thing - United Artists (DJ)

12.00 - 12.30

• Williams & Watson - Too late - Okeh (request)
  • Little Anthony & the Imperials - Better use your head - Veep (request)
  • Jimmy Ruffin - Gonna give her all the love I've got - Soul (request)
  • Ben. E. King - I cant break the news to myself - Atco (request)
  • Lovelites - Get it off my conscience - Lovelite (request)
  • Formations - At the top of the stairs - MGM (request)

Martin

Edited by Guest
Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

Hiya all,

Keeping the faith ALWAYS

Rob "n" Mark

Hi ya rob it was good to see you and mark , and it be great to hear ya play down at the route in the future , ill see ya saturday mate take care

PEACE KTF

Edited by A WAY OF LIFE NS
  • 2 weeks later...

sORRY GUYS WE CLASH ON 12TH :g: BUT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

AND

SAVE A LITTLE ENTHUSIASM FOR..............................BOXING DAY AT MINE :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Hi Ash,

Dont worry there'll be plenty of enthusiasm and Christmas spirit on Boxing Day :yes::yes: =:sweatingbullets::hypo:

Source Advert