Soul Cake Rushden

Guest wendyg

Thank you to everyone who attended the Soulcake last night. Those who came seemed to really enjoy themselves. Thanks to the DJ's, - Moldie, Dave Stubbs, Kev Such and Mark Freeman. To Lee and Kathryn for their hard work.

Moldie - I'm not sure whether to look forward to or to dread seeing the pictures and videos. I'm sure you caught out everybody at sometime during the evening.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the next soulcake on New Years Eve.

Big Al and Wendy

• Replies 21
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. Thanks to the DJ's, - Moldie, Dave Stubbs, Kev Such and Mark Freeman. To Lee and Kathryn for their hard work.

IT WAS MY PLEASURE...GREAT VENUE AND SOUND SYSTEM

Moldie - I'm not sure whether to look forward to or to dread seeing the pictures and videos. I'm sure you caught out everybody at sometime during the evening.

BE AFRAID...BE VERY AFRAID..LOLOLOLOL

Big Al and Wendy

FULL REVIEW..PLAYLIST AND YOU TUBE ASAP...ONLY JUST GOT BACK

REGARDS MOLDIE

Guest aaz19tdi

Me and Kathryn would like to thank everybody that turned uphatsoff2.gif also like to thank the dj,s, numbers slightly down on previous nights but dance floor full all night, thats what we like at Soul Cakeyes.gif.

Also great to see some people from far and wide,

Also like to thank Len for showing up and the free cd from the embankment days, cheers Lenny good to talk.

See you all New years eve.

Lee & Kathryn.

I HATE BEING LATE GETTING TO A VENUE SO LEFT AT 3.30 JUST IN CASE TRAFFIC WAS BAD....JUST MY LUCK..NO TRAFFIC OR HOLDUPS SO GOT THERE FAR TOO EARLY

LEE AND KATH SOON ARRIVED AND AFTER STUFFIN MY FACE WITH SAUSAGE AND CHIPS IT WAS DOWN TO BUSINESS...PPL ARRIVED BEFORE OFFICIAL OPENING TIME SO LEE

ASKED ME TO PLAY A FEW TUNES...IT WOULD HAVE BEEN RUDE NOT TOO..I HAD A GREAT TIME AND WHEN DAVE STUBBS ARRIVED I DIDNT WANNA GET OFF LOLOLOL

ANY WAY DAVE TOOK OVER FOR A 30 MINUTE SET AND THE PPL COMING THROUGH THE DOOR SEEMED TO ENJOY HIS PLAYS....KEV SUCH..CREAM CRACKER

FRONT MAN WAS NEXT UP AND DIDNT LET HIMSELF DOWN...PLAYING HIS TWO NEW PURCHASES AND A HOST OF OTHER DANCERS..PLAY LIST PLZ KEV

BIG ALAN LEIGHTON WAS NEXT UP AND PLAYED SOME GREAT TUNES INCLUDING HIS LATEST BUY...PLEASE STAY..IVORIES..A REALLY NICE SET MATE

AFTER AN ACTION PACKED HOUR IT WAS THE TURN OF MARK FREEMAN TO SPIN SOME TUNES..ONLY THE THIRD TIME ID HEARD HIM DJ BUT A REAL

PRESCENCE BEHIND THE DECKS AND A CROWD PLEASER..I WAS UP NEXT AND AFTER HEARING AL PLAY SOME OF MY FAVE TUNES I THOUGHT ID PLAY SOME

MORE OF THEM LOLOLOL..PLENTY OF REQUESTS FROM ME AND THE FACT IT WAS AN OLDIES ISH NIGHT DIDNT STOP ME FROM PLAYING A FEW 7TS AND

BEYOND TRACKS..MANY THANKS TO ALL THAT DANCED AND FOR THE KIND WORDS AFTERWARDS.....LEE AND ALAN ENDED THE NIGHT OF WITH PLENTY OF FLOOR FILLERS

ALWAYS GREAT TO GET TO SOUL CAKE..GREAT VENUE AND A SUPERB SYSTEM AND A CROWD TO MATCH..NOT AS BUSY AS THE FIRST EVENT

BUT THE DANCEFLOOR SHOWED EVERYBODY HAD A GREAT TIME

THANKS TO TOM AND THERESE FOR THE GREAT COMPANY AND TO ALAN AND WENDY FOR MY FOOD FOR THE HOMEWARD JOURNEY..NICE TO SEE LENNY

DOPSON AGAIN AND EVERYBODY ELSE THAT MADE IT A VERY ENJOYABLE NIGHT...ITS ALWAYS GREAT TO BE ASKED BACK ONCE BUT THIS WAS MY 3RD VISIT

THANKS LEE/KATH AND WENDY/ALAN FOR THE INVITE AND SEE YOU ALL SOON

PICS AND YOU TUBE TO FOLLOW ASAP

MOLDIE

otis williams....gotta get myself together

fabulous peps....with these eyes

buddy ace...true love money just cant buy

joyce kennedy...im a good girl

california rock choir...whoever you are

commands...hey its love

jay griffin...lucky me

monorays...love

american youth choir...keep your fine self near me

buddy miles...what does it take

kim weston...helpless

jimmy ruffin...gonna give her all the love i got

nolan porter...if i could only be sure....request

gladys night...no one could love you more

martha reeves...no one there

barbara dane...im on my way

IMAGINATIONS....STRANGE NEIGHBOURHOOD

stemmons express...woman love thief

marlena shaw...wade in the water...request

five royales...catch that teardrop

charles sheffield..voodoo working

diane paine..what side your bread is buttered on

betty obrien..shell be gone

RUFUS LUMLEY....MINNEAPOLIS,MINNESOTA

etta james...7 day fool...request

cookie jackson...do you still love me

collins and collins..top of the stairs

garland green...girl i love you

gabin...into my soul

joi cardwell...let it go

kirk franklin...looking for you

barbara lynn...i dont want no playboy

innersection...let me love yuh

mario biondi..this is what you are

henry richardson...dancing girl

hollywood flames...dance senorita

dolly lyon...palm of your hand

cortez grier...very strong on you

big ella...the queen

jackie follett...i am what i am

millionaires...never for me

estelle vrown...stick close

millionaires...and the rains came

lavern baker...wrapped tied and tangled

jackie wilson...it only happens...request

jackie wilson...because of you...request

ruby andrews...just lovin you...request

showmen...our love will grow...request

barbara mcnair...youre gonna love my babt...request

wade flemmons...jeanette

willie kendrick...change your ways

tonu galla...in love

marie knight..thats no way to treat a girl

shirley lawson...one more chance...request

Guest Glyn and Lorrie

Hi Kath & Lee,

2nd night of the Rushden Weekender,

Arrived early doors as normal to see some old friends,another first at this venue old style hall. Its great to throw your arms up head back and not see a lowered office ceiling. Sound system feels better I think in this type of room. Some great sounds just the type we like. got to be one to add to the list if your passing this way. Just want to thank everyone for the welcome and hope you enjoyed the CAKE.

All the best Glyn & Lorraine

Guest aaz19tdi

Hi Kath & Lee,

2nd night of the Rushden Weekender,

Arrived early doors as normal to see some old friends,another first at this venue old style hall. Its great to throw your arms up head back and not see a lowered office ceiling. Sound system feels better I think in this type of room. Some great sounds just the type we like. got to be one to add to the list if your passing this way. Just want to thank everyone for the welcome and hope you enjoyed the CAKE.

All the best Glyn & Lorraine

Thanks for the Cake mate , went down a treat, great to see you both, hope to see you soon.

Atb Lee & Kathryn xxx

Thanks Mick, less of the disco musicthumbsup.giflaugh.gif thanks for your help as always a pleasure to have you play at the cake.

Atb Lee.

sorry bout the disco shite..ill defo use a northern tune for the footage...the pleasure is all mine

moldie

Moldie

thanks for the vidoe and the images - great as usual. As for the music fantastic first track (one of my favourites) and lets hope that the second track lives up to it's name and the Soulcake gets even better with time.

Big Al says thanks too but he's having a problem logging on to soul source at the moment.

See you soon

Wendy

Guest kev such

Did Moldie play some "Modern" tracks then? Maybe I've got it all wrong then:no:

3rd Soul Cake and still in its infancy but I do believe that those of us who were there Saturday had a blooming good night. My shirt was certainly wet from dancing and my legs ached Sunday morning when I walked the dog.

Great that Glynn and Lorraine travelled for the Rushden / Higham weekender and the cake was a good surprise for Al and Lee. It certainly didnt last long once you'd cut it up.

Glad you got the mixer sorted out from last time, the one Saturday was a real plaesure to work with.

Next Soul Cake is the New Years Eve do and cant see why this one shouldnt be a belter, keep doing what your doing guys, it takes time but it'll grow.

Kev ( dont do modern) Such

Edited by kev such

Did Moldie play some "Modern" tracks then? Maybe I've got it all wrong then:no:

YES I PLAYED 4 TRACKS..PLUS SOME 7TS..SOME RNB AND SOME 6TS AND ALSO SOME MOTOWN

3rd Soul Cake and still in its infancy but I do believe that those of us who were there Saturday had a blooming good night

TOTALLY AGREE KEV..I KNOW I DID

Glad you got the mixer sorted out from last time, the one Saturday was a real plaesure to work with.

HERE HERE..IT IMPROVED THE SOUND TOO ALTHOUGH IT DIDNT NEED IT

Next Soul Cake is the New Years Eve do and cant see why this one shouldnt be a belter, keep doing what your doing guys, it takes time but it'll grow.

ALSO AGREE KEV

Kev ( dont do modern) Such

MOLDIE

Solo.................... Fantastic tune Moldie, went down a storm at Mansfield.

Barry

i love it barry....ive only played it out once....not at soul cake though..might shock mr such and play it at the cracker in november lololol

hope you had a great night at mansfiled ....

moldie

Guest kev such

i love it barry....ive only played it out once....not at soul cake though..might shock mr such and play it at the cracker in november lololol

hope you had a great night at mansfiled ....

mold

You'll be the one to get a shock Mick with my size nine boot up your bleeding arse. :rolleyes:

Guest Northern PhanTom

The Higham & Rusden Soul Weekender

Two nights of top tunage & peeps 10/10 :lol:

Here's to the next one. :ohmy:

Lenny Dopson: Soul Ambassador :rolleyes:

Tom wink.gif

You'll be the one to get a shock Mick with my size nine boot up your bleeding arse.....if you play anything after 1969. :rolleyes:

in that case...lololol...i just hope no one asks for requests as i ALWAYS play requests

moldie

Guest aaz19tdi

You'll be the one to get a shock Mick with my size nine boot up your bleeding arse.....if you play anything after 1969. :hatsoff2:

in that case...lololol...i just hope no one asks for requests as i ALWAYS play requests

moldie

I reckon you should play some cee lo green, looks like Kevs been listening to some well modern sounds by his last played, breaking news kev does do modern suchlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif only joking Kevin.thumbsup.gif

I reckon you should play some cee lo green, looks like Kevs been listening to some well modern sounds by his last played, breaking news kev does do modern such:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: only joking Kevin.thumbsup.gif

ID RATHER PLAY AL GREEN...KEV IS WAVERING LEE......HE WILL SOON BE JOINING DARTH VADER ON THE DARK SIDE

MOLDIE

Guest aaz19tdi

ID RATHER PLAY AL GREEN...KEV IS WAVERING LEE......HE WILL SOON BE JOINING DARTH VADER ON THE DARK SIDE

MOLDIE

He was breathing like the vader on saturday night after his dance off.:laugh::laugh::wink: