East Bowling Unity Club Bradford

Guest rosemary

Guest rosemary

Had a fantastic night, best night out I've had in a long timeyes.gif

great atmosphere, great music and lots of fun, Sue had a brilliant nightsmile.gif

I double decked at the end of the night with Paul, my spot consisted of Sue's favourite records and a couple of requests

Fabulous Dimensions - I cant take it baby

Big Ella - it takes a lot of loving

Steve Mancha - Friday night

The Apollas - sorry mama

Darrow Fletcher - my young misery ( for Alison)

Bobby Williams - I've only got myself to blame

Marjorie Black - one more hurt

Betty La Vette - I'm holdin on

Edwin Starr - way over there

The Trends - gonna have to show you

Lee Rogers - love and war

Darrow Fletcher - the pain gets a little deeper

The Volumes - you got it baby

was totally shattered by the end of the night......it's hard work being a door lady, bouncer, DJ and go-go dancerlaugh.gif

Rosemary xxx

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest frenchie

Superb night. Danced my socks off to the detriment of my knee which is killing this morning!!

Had to leave a little earlier than expected as needed to get Stuart home before he jumped in a car to go to Barnsley!! and my decorating needed doing this morning yes.gif

Rosemary and Paul you did Sue proud, and she hopefully did not fondle you too much last night Rosemary after your efforts laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif She certainly enjoyed herself.

Every spot was a killer and well done to all that DJ'd.

Quality people, Quality night as usual.

Thanks Rosemary for our lovely silver wedding gift, which will take pride of place in my new bedroom if it ever gets finished.

Penny and Stu

x

PS. Mrs B all I can say to you is PANTS wink.gif

What a laugh! from setting up in the afternoon until the very last track played, it was a most enjoyable day and night indeed!

Quite a few regulars couldn't attend for various reasons and they were missed, but to be honest I think we would have had to lock the doors if many more had turned up...lol

Great to see so many old friends, you know who you are!

The record bar spilled over and out into the entrance lobby, some good deals were done and the vinyl hounds (and sellers) had a good night!

Good to see so many happy people just enjoying the atmosphere and making the belated 50th so special for Sue, I bet her head hurts today! :ohmy:

Big thanks to the DJs and everyone else involved for making this soul night what it is! :rolleyes:

I got the ok yesterday from the management for 8 events next year including a charity all-dayer so the future looks good for this little club.

DJ's lets have some sample playlists please...

Rosemary...it's not everyone who suits wearing a colander on their head....however... :Dlaugh.gif

Guest rosemary

What a laugh! from setting up in the afternoon until the very last track played, it was a most enjoyable day and night indeed!

Rosemary...it's not everyone who suits wearing a colander on their head....however... :thumbup::shades:

Mr Harris, you could charm the birds out of the treeslaugh.gif......never again will I be wearing a green plastic colander on my head, it didn't go with my outfitlaugh.gif

Guest Stuart Raith

What a great crowd, and a banging Yorkshire night... thanks for inviting me to DJ.

Here's my playlist:

EVERYBODY LOVES A GOOD TIME - MAJOR LANCE - OKEH

TO LOVE - JENNIE RAE - MGM

GOIN OUT THE WORLD BACKWARDS - TAURUS & LEO - VELVET SOUND

GOOD TIMING - ALVIN CASH MARVLUS

LISTEN, LISTEN - FOXY & SEVEN HOUNDS - WISE WORLD

BAYOU TOWN - YOUNGBLOOD - TANGERINE

MISS MY BABY - ROSE BATISTE - REVILOT

SHING A LING THING - NAKED TRUTH - RCA

LIKE TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY - SKIP CUNNINGHAM - 20th CENTURY

KEEP ON KEEPING ON - NF PORTER - LIZARD

DOCTOR GOOD SOUL - LANDY - MOONSHOT

DEED I DO - MEL CATER - IMPERIAL

I CAN'T WAIT - EDDIE TERRELL - ARGO

WORKIN ON MY THING - QUICK BROWN FOX - ROULETTE

LOVE CAN'T BE MODERNIZED - THE TRIPS - SOUNDVILLE

AIN'T GONNA WALK YOUR DOG - OTIS WILLIAMS - OKEH

STOP THE BABY - JAMO THOMAS - CONLO

TRUE PATRON - QUEEN CITY SHOW BAND - POW

ONE WAY STREET - SHORT KUTS - PEPPER

WHO WALKS IN, WHEN I WALK OUT - ROSCOE SHELTON - SS7

GOOD GOODNESS - JOHNNY CASH - MGM

WITHOUT FRIENDS - UNIVERSALS - MODERN

I STILL LOVE YOU - FOUR LARKS - TOWER

LOVE LINE - LUKE DAY - RENFRO

Cheers for CD Paul thumbsup.gif

Edited by Stuart Raith
Guest rosemary

:thumbup:yes great night we left about midnight i think pick up a nice record "cheers philt"well happy glad to see sue enjoying her self i bet her legs are aching today,well done paul it goes from strength too strength atb johno

John you left about 1am laugh.giflaugh.gif

xx

Really good crowd in and good to see some travellers stopping-off en-route to Barnsley. Plenty of the usual suspects in attendance too and the dancefloor seemed pretty busy whenever I bobbed my head round the door. (Spent most of the night in the hallway looking at and listening to records and talking b*llocks as usual). Particularly nice to see the Munchies, Kev n Sharon; great to see you looking so well and being up for it bud.

All Paul's hard work paying dividends then and he has built-up and retained a loyal following at what is a great little venue, despite the moves etc; gotta be something good happening then :thumbup:

Thanks to Tony n Joan for the lift and your excellent company as ever, always a pleasure. Great to see Killa too, undoubtedly one of the funniest blokes I know and always raises a smile. Can't wait to try the new CD mate.

See you next time

Phil

Really good crowd in and good to see some travellers stopping-off en-route to Barnsley. Plenty of the usual suspects in attendance too and the dancefloor seemed pretty busy whenever I bobbed my head round the door. (Spent most of the night in the hallway looking at and listening to records and talking b*llocks as usual). Particularly nice to see the Munchies, Kev n Sharon; great to see you looking so well and being up for it bud.

All Paul's hard work paying dividends then and he has built-up and retained a loyal following at what is a great little venue, despite the moves etc; gotta be something good happening then :shades:

Thanks to Tony n Joan for the lift and your excellent company as ever, always a pleasure. Great to see Killa too, undoubtedly one of the funniest blokes I know and always raises a smile. Can't wait to try the new CD mate.

See you next time

Phil

phil you should have gone to barnsley sold a few picked up a couple they will blow you away plus a couple of cds of killa to try :thumbup: johno

What a top night :thumbup:

Loved the venue. We will most definitely be back!

Happy Birthday to our Sue. She definitely enjoyed herself.

Was so great to see Phil W and Alison. Phil you look so well - keep up the good work!

Had such a laugh. Then again it would be impossible not to with the people there last night.

Even saw Harold Shipman :no:

Thanks to Phil for the company and for keeping the car on the right side of the road despite not driving :shades:

Well done Paul and thanks to Rosemary for everything she did to make last night so special for everyone.

Will post my playlist when I am able :P

phil you should have gone to barnsley sold a few picked up a couple they will blow you away plus a couple of cds of killa to try :hatsoff2: johno

Was a bit knackd Johno but good to see you as ever mate. Look forward to our next catch up; you can always be relied upon to turn sommat interesting up :thumbsup: as can Killa of course :thumbup:

Guest miss nancy

Had a fantastic night, best night out I've had in a long timeyes.gif

great atmosphere, great music and lots of fun, Sue had a brilliant nightsmile.gif

I double decked at the end of the night with Paul, my spot consisted of Sue's favourite records and a couple of requests

Fabulous Dimensions - I cant take it baby

Big Ella - it takes a lot of loving

Steve Mancha - Friday night

The Apollas - sorry mama

Darrow Fletcher - my young misery ( for Alison)

Bobby Williams - I've only got myself to blame

Marjorie Black - one more hurt

Betty La Vette - I'm holdin on

Edwin Starr - way over there

The Trends - gonna have to show you

Lee Rogers - love and war

Darrow Fletcher - the pain gets a little deeper

The Volumes - you got it baby

was totally shattered by the end of the night......it's hard work being a door lady, bouncer, DJ and go-go dancerlaugh.gif

Rosemary xxx

Had a fab night - Rosemary - you looked gorgeous, I danced and drank all night - dying.com all day yesterday!!!

Guest rosemary

Had a fab night - Rosemary - you looked gorgeous, I danced and drank all night - dying.com all day yesterday!!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the night Nancy, sorry I didnt get chance to sit and natter but was a busy bee all nightyes.gif

hope you're feeling better today, I'd blame that Mr Pearson for leading you astray laugh.gif

I'm so glad you enjoyed the night Nancy, sorry I didnt get chance to sit and natter but was a busy bee all nightyes.gif

hope you're feeling better today, I'd blame that Mr Pearson for leading you astray laugh.gif

We had a top time as well on Sat.:D

Rosemary, I will send you all the photos I have on a CD, then you can choise which ones to print.

Just give me 2 or 3 weeks to sort them out.

Dave & Lou. x

Guest rosemary

We had a top time as well on Sat.:D

Rosemary, I will send you all the photos I have on a CD, then you can choise which ones to print.

Just give me 2 or 3 weeks to sort them out.

Dave & Lou. x

Thanks Dave and Louyes.gif

xxx

Had an absolutely superb night,thanks so much to my beautiful best friend for the lift there.

Great to see so many people there, really lovely to meet Nancy:thumbsup:

Wendy,if you are still up for the weekend in Edinburgh pm me.

Munchinkette,it was lovely to see you & thanks for listening to me,I'm pleased to say everything is back on track:thumbsup:

Joan,thanks for the compliment,I was smiling all night.

Rosemary,you looked amazing:thumbsup:

The music was brill & the Magners was on draft at £2.64 a pint so I was a happy bunny.

Not quite sure what time we left whether it was 12 or 1 we left Johnno I was so p**sed,all I remember is I was kidnapped,but into the boot of a car & driven to Barnsley:ohmy: :thumbsup:

Big,big thanks to Gibby for that & to him,Wally,Johnno,Sheila:whistling: & Colin for looking after me & keeping me safe & dry all night.

Off to do a write up of Barnsley which should be interesting as I dont remember much of it:whistling: :D:thumbsup:

Kxx

My oh my ! what a fantastic night Saturday night was!!

I giggled from start to finish (I'm still laughing at some of the things I saw & heard) , music, atmosphere, the "up for it" crowd & d.j's ... top notch !! Wish you could bottle it.

I took a few photo's (will load them in the gallery next) so thanks to the people who said .... :cheese1: Hope you like them & to the ones who got away, I'll get you next time :wicked:

There were far too many moments to list everything that made me giggle but I have to make a special mention to Mrs Butler who I crowned one of the foxiest women I knew (in an envious sort of way & not a Martina Navratalova sort of way) only to have that crown slip when she told me she had just spent 5 minutes with her hands under the hand dryer chuntering "why doesn't this ruddy thing work" to discover that it wasn't a hand dryer but a plain old simple paper towel holder :lol: Also loved that story about your new job & your dodgy work colleague :hatsoff2::lol: Thanks TonyP for putting me on to that classic tale :thumbsup:

Brilliant brilliant night spent with such lovely people. Hat's off to everyone! :hatsoff2:

I loved every minute of it !!

Ali

xxx

P.S Ooh also a special thanks to Killa for taking my passengers to Barnsley. I was really pooped by the end of the night so "Ali Cabs" had to radio in early. They were chuffed they'd got a lift but looked a bit worried when I said they'd got a lift with a Killer :lol:

P.P.S Another Ooh ! Thanks to Gibby & Co for looking after my precious friend Kirsty :thumbsup: When is your next Car Boot Sale Gibby? :(

P.P.P. S (or whatever it is when it's the end of a letter) Kim, I'll wear the tankini bikini next time wink.gif

I often leave this establishment with a smile on my face. :cheese1:

but the following exchange has kept me giggling all weekend.

Cockney Steve-" Gibby, hang on. I'm coming to Barnsley with you."

Gibby- " NO.

YOU'RE

F&CKING

NOT!"

:hatsoff2:

if you would have come to barnsley you would have here the same in the morning lol :(:hatsoff2::thumbsup: :thumbsup: atb johno

Tony

Edited by soulcarp

I giggled from start to finish (I'm still laughing at some of the things I saw & heard) , music, atmosphere, the "up for it" crowd & d.j's ... top notch !! Wish you could bottle it.

I took a few photo's (will load them in the gallery next) so thanks to the people who said .... :hatsoff2: Hope you like them & to the ones who got away, I'll get you next time :(

Great pics Alison:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting them!

cheers

paul

I took a few photo's (will load them in the gallery next) so thanks to the people who said .... :cheese1: Hope you like them & to the ones who got away, I'll get you next time :wicked:

He didnt have much luck selling me,so looks like he'll have to have another:D . Cockney sorry for taking your space in the boot,one of the funniest nights I've had for ages:thumbsup: . Thanks to the guy who told me that the disabled toilet was the ladies,was still none the wiser until I came out & everyone was wetting themsens :lol: xx

There were far too many moments to list everything that made me giggle but I have to make a special mention to Mrs Butler who I crowned one of the foxiest women I knew (in an envious sort of way & not a Martina Navratalova sort of way) only to have that crown slip when she told me she had just spent 5 minutes with her hands under the hand dryer chuntering "why doesn't this ruddy thing work" to discover that it wasn't a hand dryer but a plain old simple paper towel holder :lol: Also loved that story about your new job & your dodgy work colleague :thumbsup::lol: Thanks TonyP for putting me on to that classic tale :(

Brilliant brilliant night spent with such lovely people. Hat's off to everyone! :lol:

Ali

xxx

P.S Ooh also a special thanks to Killa for taking my passengers to Barnsley. I was really pooped by the end of the night so "Ali Cabs" had to radio in early. They were chuffed they'd got a lift but looked a bit worried when I said they'd got a lift with a Killer :lol:

P.P.S Another Ooh ! Thanks to Gibby & Co for looking after my precious friend Kirsty :lol: When is your next Car Boot Sale Gibby? :unsure:

P.P.P. S (or whatever it is when it's the end of a letter) Kim, I'll wear the tankini bikini next time wink.gif

I took a few photo's (will load them in the gallery next) so thanks to the people who said .... :wicked: Hope you like them & to the ones who got away, I'll get you next time :lol:

There were far too many moments to list everything that made me giggle but I have to make a special mention to Mrs Butler who I crowned one of the foxiest women I knew (in an envious sort of way & not a Martina Navratalova sort of way) only to have that crown slip when she told me she had just spent 5 minutes with her hands under the hand dryer chuntering "why doesn't this ruddy thing work" to discover that it wasn't a hand dryer but a plain old simple paper towel holder :lol: Also loved that story about your new job & your dodgy work colleague :thumbsup::lol: Thanks TonyP for putting me on to that classic tale :lol:

Brilliant brilliant night spent with such lovely people. Hat's off to everyone! :(

Ali

xxx

P.P.S Another Ooh ! Thanks to Gibby & Co for looking after my precious friend Kirsty :cheese1: When is your next Car Boot Sale Gibby? :unsure:

Dodgey.?????

Hope you don't mean me :lol:

Tony

Guest miss nancy

There were far too many moments to list everything that made me giggle but I have to make a special mention to Mrs Butler who I crowned one of the foxiest women I knew (in an envious sort of way & not a Martina Navratalova sort of way) only to have that crown slip when she told me she had just spent 5 minutes with her hands under the hand dryer chuntering "why doesn't this ruddy thing work" to discover that it wasn't a hand dryer but a plain old simple paper towel holder :lol: Also loved that story about your new job & your dodgy work colleague whistling.gif:lol: Thanks TonyP for putting me on to that classic tale :D

Brilliant brilliant night spent with such lovely people. Hat's off to everyone! :g:

Ali

xxx

P.P.S Another Ooh ! Thanks to Gibby & Co for looking after my precious friend Kirsty :thumbsup: When is your next Car Boot Sale Gibby? :lol:

Alison xxxxxx

Was lovely to see your gorgeous self, I drank so much wine and you can tell on the photos (wasted .com)!!!! Should have had some taken earlier in the evening! ph34r.gif xx

Guest miss nancy

Had an absolutely superb night,thanks so much to my beautiful best friend for the lift there.

Great to see so many people there, really lovely to meet Nancy:thumbsup:

Wendy,if you are still up for the weekend in Edinburgh pm me.

Munchinkette,it was lovely to see you & thanks for listening to me,I'm pleased to say everything is back on track:thumbsup:

Joan,thanks for the compliment,I was smiling all night.

Rosemary,you looked amazing:thumbsup:

The music was brill & the Magners was on draft at £2.64 a pint so I was a happy bunny.

Not quite sure what time we left whether it was 12 or 1 we left Johnno I was so p**sed,all I remember is I was kidnapped,but into the boot of a car & driven to Barnsley:ohmy: :lol:

Big,big thanks to Gibby for that & to him,Wally,Johnno,Sheila:whistling: & Colin for looking after me & keeping me safe & dry all night.

Off to do a write up of Barnsley which should be interesting as I dont remember much of it:whistling: beer.gif:g:

Kxx

It was lovely to see you Kirsty (looking gorgeous), I definitely a little tipsy, hope to see you again soon xxx

Nancy Quote: Was lovely to see your gorgeous self, I drank so much wine and you can tell on the photos (wasted .com)!!!! Should have had some taken earlier in the evening! :lol: xx

Alison Quote:

Nancy .......... that WAS early on :D:thumbsup: Only kidding :lol:

I look wasted on some of them & I don't even drink :g: at least you can blame it on the booze wink.gif I still think you look lush on ALL of them :wicked: ..... It's Derek that spoils the pictures :cheese1:

What a Fab night it was !! Can't wait to do it all again thumbsup.gif

See ya soon xxx

Brill photos Alison. Great record of a superb night.....my knees have just recovered!!!

biggrin.gif

Thanks Penny :hatsoff2:

It was a great night & I'm still giggling (Yes on Wednesday!) from the fun, frolics & fantastic music of Saturday night :D

I know I've said this before but I'm gonna say it again :thumbsup: Happy 25th Wedding Anniversay to you & Stuart :lol:

Glad your knees have recovered now, those d.j's have a lot to answer for :D

See ya both soon xxx

Edited by Alison H