Porthcawl Pavillion 9Th Oct

Guest Glawster

Guest Glawster

Just got back in from Porthcawl where Sue(Tamlasue) had DJed with Sean Chapman & Nige Graham - LOVED IT!

400+ Through the doors,which has to be said was ran perfectly throughout the night by the lovely Michelle and Tina(pre Prestatyn brownie points for me LOL) No seriously it can be a thankless task at times,so a big thumbs up Ladies,not forgetting their wristband assistants the Pavillion staff!

It says on the flyer "Put your best foot forward" I think it should have the sub title "melting pot" because -

All you need is a great big melting pot,big enough for 3 DJs and what they've got,stir it for a good 5 hrs,no more and turn out several genres of music by the score!!

Northern,Tamla,RnB,Ska,Reggae,Latin,Mod,Hammond.

You aint gunna hear rare here 'cus its oldies,classics and dancers all the way because thats what the crowd that come wanna listen and dance too and judging by their comments,texts and smiling faces that's what they got!

It was great to finally put faces to fellow S/Sourcers and Facebookers,especially Mike"Moppy" Rees,thanks for your help in our hotel prediciment! as you know we got sorted.

Plenty of travellers so I'm told and plenty of locals too,inc the 3 lads (forgive me I'm sh!te remembering names!)we met before when we were admiring their scoots.

How brilliant is was too,to See Jackie out with Martin .

My legs are aching,my finger is aching from clicking 138 fotos and 6 videos! but well worth it -

Only gunna say one thing about the DJs and thats to Nige, give me plenty of warning if you intend playing,Big Daddy Rogers,Charles Sheffield and The 5 Royales one after the other in future,so I can stoke up on the inhaler! 3 of my favs!!!!

Enjoyed every minute of our time in Porthcawl despite the debacle of our first attempt @ getting into the accomodation we'd booked since August!! Crisis averted and the lovely Fairways Hotel came to our rescue! already pencilled in dates for 2011 to stay there - was thinking of combining a couple of rounds of golf in too on the Friday and Saturday morning but thats another story but if anyones interested PM me Golf and Soul mmmmmmmmm!- Next dates are 14thMay,9thJuly & 8th October

A weekend with great company ,family,friends old and new and soul music - SORTED!

Looking forward to reading posts from fellow attendees and prospective attendees,come along if you like the afore mentioned music genres ,you wont be dissappointed!

• Replies 4
  • Views 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just got back in from Porthcawl where Sue(Tamlasue) had DJed with Sean Chapman & Nige Graham - LOVED IT!

400+ Through the doors,which has to be said was ran perfectly throughout the night by the lovely Michelle and Tina(pre Prestatyn brownie points for me LOL) No seriously it can be a thankless task at times,so a big thumbs up Ladies,not forgetting their wristband assistants the Pavillion staff!

It says on the flyer "Put your best foot forward" I think it should have the sub title "melting pot" because -

All you need is a great big melting pot,big enough for 3 DJs and what they've got,stir it for a good 5 hrs,no more and turn out several genres of music by the score!!

Northern,Tamla,RnB,Ska,Reggae,Latin,Mod,Hammond.

You aint gunna hear rare here 'cus its oldies,classics and dancers all the way because thats what the crowd that come wanna listen and dance too and judging by their comments,texts and smiling faces that's what they got!

It was great to finally put faces to fellow S/Sourcers and Facebookers,especially Mike"Moppy" Rees,thanks for your help in our hotel prediciment! as you know we got sorted.

Plenty of travellers so I'm told and plenty of locals too,inc the 3 lads (forgive me I'm sh!te remembering names!)we met before when we were admiring their scoots.

How brilliant is was too,to See Jackie out with Martin .

My legs are aching,my finger is aching from clicking 138 fotos and 6 videos! but well worth it -

Only gunna say one thing about the DJs and thats to Nige, give me plenty of warning if you intend playing,Big Daddy Rogers,Charles Sheffield and The 5 Royales one after the other in future,so I can stoke up on the inhaler! 3 of my favs!!!!

Enjoyed every minute of our time in Porthcawl despite the debacle of our first attempt @ getting into the accomodation we'd booked since August!! Crisis averted and the lovely Fairways Hotel came to our rescue! already pencilled in dates for 2011 to stay there - was thinking of combining a couple of rounds of golf in too on the Friday and Saturday morning but thats another story but if anyones interested PM me Golf and Soul mmmmmmmmm!- Next dates are 14thMay,9thJuly & 8th October

A weekend with great company ,family,friends old and new and soul music - SORTED!

Looking forward to reading posts from fellow attendees and prospective attendees,come along if you like the afore mentioned music genres ,you wont be dissappointed!

Glad you all had a great, I'm sorry I couldn't make it but was in Torquay. This is a brilliant nite if you haven't yet made it and does what it says on the tin. The venue , promoters, DJ's and crowd are all top draw and deserve all their success- ktf

Guest matt tees

Thanks Martin for your review of the night. What another fantastic turnout and a lot more travellers than previous events, well over 400+ and it was packed to the rafters. Tthis venue must surely be one of the best in South Wales. The Grand Pavilion is on Sea Front and is 1920s Art Deco Ballroom with a superb dancefloor which saw plenty of action last night. Music policy is really something for everyone with lots of Tamla and Northern Classics some Mod, Latin, RnB, and Ska added to the mix all crowd pleasers! A great crowd who certainly had their dancing shoes on. Big thanks to the fantastic staff at the Grand Pavilion who really are so helpful, also to Tina and Michelle on the door, and a big round of applause for our special guest Sue Motown Taylor who just gets better and better. Unfortunately the next event does not take place until Sat 14 May 2011 sure make sure you make a note of the date.

Guest Tamlasue

What a night :hatsoff2:

Hats off the Nige Graham and Sean Chapman, not forgetting of course Tina and Michelle, for providing not only a fantastic venue, great tunes but also a huge following:hatsoff2:

It is my pleasure to contribute to this next and am looking forward with excitement to the next one when we can do it all over again:thumbup: