Genuine Soul @ The Cygnet Sat 9Th Oct

A great big thank you to all those that attended. Numbers were a little down but we hope you enjoyed yourselves at this great little venuethumbsup.gif

Music wise there was a nice range of tunes played, and this was in no small way down to our 2 guests DJ's Paul Donnelly and Nige Brown.

Big hats off to ya ladshatsoff2.gif You really raised the bar with some GREAT stuffthumbsup.gif thanks

Good to meet some new faces at the Cygnet along with some old ones as well lolbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Again many thanks for coming we really appreciate the supportthumbsup.gif

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A great big thank you to all those that attended. Numbers were a little down but we hope you enjoyed yourselves at this great little venuethumbsup.gif

Music wise there was a nice range of tunes played, and this was in no small way down to our 2 guests DJ's Paul Donnelly and Nige Brown.

Big hats off to ya ladshatsoff2.gif You really raised the bar with some GREAT stuffthumbsup.gif thanks

Good to meet some new faces at the Cygnet along with some old ones as well lolbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Again many thanks for coming we really appreciate the supportthumbsup.gif

kay and i had a great night...Proudlove looked a tad ropey at the brekky table.. :thumbup:

Guest proudlove

kay and i had a great night...Proudlove looked a tad ropey at the brekky table.. :hatsoff2:

Enjoyed it chaps.......................Proudlove WAS a bit ropey at the brekky table.

You and your partner did a grand job Jez .

I have written a little blog for anyone that wants to get a feel for the night.

I do hope this event grows for you because its got a nice warm glow about it and could be excellent with a few more numbers supporting it.

Be nice to see some playlists because the first two hours I heard a fair few I didn't know :hatsoff2:

Carms

I do hope this event grows for you because its got a nice warm glow about it and could be excellent with a few more numbers supporting it.

Be nice to see some playlists because the first two hours I heard a fair few I didn't know :hatsoff2:

Carms

Cold or what?

ME to WIFE..."are you pissed"

WIFE..."no why?"

ME..."five dances in one night, you aint done that since Wigan 1974"

WIFE.."I know but it was the only way to stay warm"

Be nice to see some playlists because the first two hours I heard a fair few I didn't know :thumbsup:

:hatsoff2: ARhh thanks so much for the kind comments. love the warm glow bit. thats what itas all about!

Carms

Carms

Hi Carms,

Glad you enjoyed--wish Nige had rung me for directions when he got into Congleton--I could have saved him a half hour of road ragerolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Anyway along with Paul he did a sterling job with some fab tunesthumbsup.gif

I'll have a word with Stu and tell him to pop a playlist up and I will too. They aint nuffin special, but we like to have a bit of fun and perhaps play the not too obvious before the 'big boys' blast us out of the water lolbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I

thanks for the blog also ---really appreciate the feedbackyes.gif

...If ya come again I'll turn the heating onbiggrin.gif or play some stompersbiggrin.gif

Just to echo Jez's sentiments, thanks once again to all who atteneded and for the great sets from not only the fantastic Paul and Nidge but also sizzling soul stew and jerkin jez jones. Thank also to messers Beggs and Mace for manning the record bar. Musically where else you can hear such a vast spectrum of all shades of soul, well I dont know! Quality all the way! We intend to return to this venue in the new year but for now were next on at stock @ the pavillion, in congleton park for our sunday soul sessions, so see's you @ that go go, Nov 7th, addmission free!!!:hatsoff2:

Hey Jez , Geese & Stu the Pie

Sorry this is late!!

What a lovely little Soul Clib you have at the Cygnet!! :hatsoff2:

I estimate another 20-30 punters and it woulda been a Fantastic nite!!

A bit cold to start but the great music encouraged the dancers to get on that lovely floor and the place soon got going!

Lotsa famialiar faces and a nice suprise to see Mace and Johnny Beggs with there new goodies for sale from the othere side of the pond!

Lovely to see the enthusiasm of young Stu behind the decks:hatsoff2: ,,, reminded me of Danny Glegg antother young DJ destined for better spots on the scene me thinks :(

Keep at it Stu its not easy bro ,,ya gotta keep on keepin on to coin a phrase!

Great to see Paul D and Mrs D too great selecton as usual Mr D ,,, Roll on the Torch eh Kiddo!!

Best of luck with the new venue lad hope ya have me back next year:yes:

Photos to follow tomoz and playlist in the Playlist section

Thanks for a great nite

Seeya all soon

Nige B

PS If ever they change the F1 from Monaco to Congleton im ya man for pole possition i know ever F++kin Road in that town now!! :hatsoff2::thumbsup:

Always liked this venue, I DJ'ed at a charity night there a good few years back and with 80-100 people in it's packed, hot and sweaty with a great atmosphere.

I really hope you guys can make a go of it, cus it's in a great central location for travellers from Stoke/South Manchester/Leek & Macclesfield/Middlewich & Northwich etc.

Black pudding was spot on (well, the few bits that were left were :unsure: )

Keep at it lads....I've got some old postal mailing address's for quite a few Soulies around Congleton and surrounding areas if you wanna try a mailshot for future events....never know, it might drag some of the old farts out :lol::thumbsup:

Always liked this venue, I DJ'ed at a charity night there a good few years back and with 80-100 people in it's packed, hot and sweaty with a great atmosphere.

I really hope you guys can make a go of it, cus it's in a great central location for travellers from Stoke/South Manchester/Leek & Macclesfield/Middlewich & Northwich etc.

Black pudding was spot on (well, the few bits that were left were :lol: )

Keep at it lads....I've got some old postal mailing address's for quite a few Soulies around Congleton and surrounding areas if you wanna try a mailshot for future events....never know, it might drag some of the old farts out :g:thumbsup.gif

cheers Macethumbsup.gif As you say mate great central location for Staffs/Cheshire etc. We'll keep plugging away with it cos its a great little club as well.

I'll see you and Johnny on Saturday night ---do ya want me bring some more black puddingohmy.gifbiggrin.gif