For Dancers Only

Guest soulfulrosa

Guest soulfulrosa

What an excellent night was had by all last night@ the Bancroft Hotel in Torquay.

The room was quickly filled with a very friendly crowd.. I would think to almost capacity and the crowd were up for a good night.The atmosphere was tangible.

DJs Dave Morris, Chris Pickles Ady Heaney and Pete Lyster worked the floor very well together. How a soul night should be IMHO!!

They all provided an excellent mix across the board soul..and some nice rare gems too!! ...all well crafted sets

The night provided what it said on the flyer.. FOR DANCERS ONLY.. but the people that didn't dance.... certainly appreciated the music .

A credit to local organiser Steph. It was well worth a three hour plus round trip on the night.. we will be back for sure !!

• Replies 7
  • Views 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest steph murphy

Thank you for the great comments, it gives me a buzz when I can give people a great night that they will remember, and come back for more. This is the third 'For Dancers Only' and every one has been well attended, over 130 through the door last night.

I would like to thank the Djs Pete Lyster, Chris Pickles, Ady Heaney and Dave Morris for such stomping music, and keeping the floor well and truly packed all night. Its great when for the last song nearly everyone there is out on the floor. FAB!

The Bancourt Hotel staff were so friendly and helpful all night so many thanks to Ryan and his staff.

Many thanks to everyone who attended, locals and travelling soulies (Sylivia and Joe, Ian and Mel, Plymouth regulars, Alan and Lesley, Matt, guy from Newquay whose name I didn't catch, Tony Bowd for the decks etc) and anyone else not mentioned.

See you all at Bridgwater on 23rd.

KTF

Guest Dr Pickles

Well done to Steph and Rob for another fantastic night.

Also to Tony for setting up a great sound system.

So why do I think this worked?

The soul scene has fractured into so many parts now I think you have to pick and choose where you go to get the type of night you want.

This was a local, 1.00am finish, soul night. Nothing special you might think. But for me the mix of Dj's and the crowd made all the difference.

The crowd - up for laugh and definatly up for dance given the right music. A mix of once a month locals, regular local soul night goers and soul travellers.

DJs - All regular scene DJs and good friends. The main thing that struck me was all the DJs were behaving like punters. No egos, no turning up just before your spot and buggering off when you get paid.

Laughing, chatting, dancing and listening. Bouncing off one another, thinking about the handover, watching and listening to what was beeing played. Genuinely thanking the last DJ for a great spot (and leaving him with a full cheering crowd). All trying something different. Not to be clever or show off but to keep it interesting.

With that feedback the DJs played everything from classic sounds to seventies, from R&B to funky nighter coverups.

Thanks for asking me to be part of it.

See you all at the next one.

Doc

Well done to Steph and Rob for another fantastic night.

Also to Tony for setting up a great sound system.

So why do I think this worked?

The soul scene has fractured into so many parts now I think you have to pick and choose where you go to get the type of night you want.

This was a local, 1.00am finish, soul night. Nothing special you might think. But for me the mix of Dj's and the crowd made all the difference.

The crowd - up for laugh and definatly up for dance given the right music. A mix of once a month locals, regular local soul night goers and soul travellers.

DJs - All regular scene DJs and good friends. The main thing that struck me was all the DJs were behaving like punters. No egos, no turning up just before your spot and buggering off when you get paid.

Laughing, chatting, dancing and listening. Bouncing off one another, thinking about the handover, watching and listening to what was beeing played. Genuinely thanking the last DJ for a great spot (and leaving him with a full cheering crowd). All trying something different. Not to be clever or show off but to keep it interesting.

With that feedback the DJs played everything from classic sounds to seventies, from R&B to funky nighter coverups.

Thanks for asking me to be part of it.

See you all at the next one.

Doc

I was going to do a write up but Chris has summed it up perfectly.A great night with great tunes and an up for it crowd in a super venue.

Came down from Bournemouth via Trowbridge with Matt,(cheers for driving) and really enjoyed both my spots.Thanks to Steph and Rob for asking me down.I really did enjoy dj'ing for you and for the appreciative crowd.:hatsoff2::thumbsup::thumbup:

Guest soulhitch1

Yep well said Dave and Chris

d-j ing is always fun, but some times the feeling you get from the crowd is special

this was one of the special nights

well done Steph and Rob.

pete

What a blast!!! I think the lads have summed up the night spot on. A venue full of people with one thing on their minds, to have a good night and one thing in their hearts SOUL. Well done one and all.

Ade.

Source Advert