Soul Nights@bridgwater Sat Oct.23Rd

Countdown starts !

Sat 23rd October is our last one this year.

Mick H. and Steve Guarnori are Bridgwater virgins, and I'm so pleased to have them on d-j ing, let alone having them both on on the same night.

And we welcome the return from the valleys of top dj and boyo Nige Graham .

Soul Nights @ Bridgwater is an a.t.b. event, and all the d-j's are always asked to play at least a couple of things that the dancers may not have heard before.

Please Please N.B. THIS IS A NO TALC EVENT. NO EXCEPTIONS. Any talc used = the end of Soul Nights @ Bridgwater.

I need all your help on this.

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dr Pickles

Top lineup once again:thumbsup: and as usual me and Mrs O'Leary are looking forward to this (wouldn't miss it for the world) our favourite soul night by a country mile and only an hour down the road :lol: also a travel lodge just up the rd for people that want to stay over https://www.travelodg...php?hotel_id=77

You said "Mrs O'Leary"smile.gif . Just brought that day flooding back. Brilliant.

Lou and I can't wait to catch up.

See you both there.

Doc

Guest Angela Lawrence

So looking foreward to pointing my car south west to Soul Nights @ Bridgewater. What a lineup! Cathy and Pete always deliver the chance to hear and dance to a great mix of music and I will be polishing my dancing boots in anticipacion! I wont however be packing my talc as it would be very sad indeed if this night was not allowed to continue because of the old talc problem. xxx

Sounds like a fine excuse for everyone to purchase some rather pleasant new leather-soled shoes to enable dancing perfection without the use of any artificial glidants :thumbsup:

Brings to mind Len Dopson's famous anti-talc propaganda flyer used at Wellingborough a few years back, that still graces the wall of the northern soul water closet at Price Towers to this day...

post-8338-071548000 1287174308_thumb.jpg

So looking foreward to pointing my car south west to Soul Nights @ Bridgewater. What a lineup! Cathy and Pete always deliver the chance to hear and dance to a great mix of music and I will be polishing my dancing boots in anticipacion! I wont however be packing my talc as it would be very sad indeed if this night was not allowed to continue because of the old talc problem. xxx

typical female driver or what

you do know you have to steer it once in a while don't you ?

[ hee hee ]

p x

Guest steph murphy

Excited.... on holiday for a week and then Bridgwater at the end. Could it get any better!

Bit late I know but requests are:

Come on back - the brothers of soul

You don't love me - epitome of sound

Honey child - bobby bland

See you there!

Guest soulfulrosa

whoo hoo its Bridgewater on Saturday !! looking forward .. as always to this excellent and friendly soul nite ... and the floor is good TALC not needed folks honest.. get the leather shoes out and i guarantee you will glide to the tunes played for sure :thumbup::lol::thumbup:

B:hatsoff2::thumbup::hatsoff2::hatsoff2:e there or be square

xx

Edited by soulfulrosa

Sounds like a fine excuse for everyone to purchase some rather pleasant new leather-soled shoes to enable dancing perfection without the use of any artificial glidants thumbsup.gif

Brings to mind Len Dopson's famous anti-talc propaganda flyer used at Wellingborough a few years back, that still graces the wall of the northern soul water closet at Price Towers to this day...

post-8338-071548000 1287174308_thumb.jpg

Nice one Theresa .

Good post for our Soul Nite . Made me think maybe I'd try and explain what's changed .

The club is seriously investing in it's facilities and upgrading all over the place .

eg if you saw the car park before, you won't believe the job they've done on it .

Anyway, they're going to invest in a new wooden dancefloor, and don't want the talc [ abrasive when dry / mushy mess when wet ] anywhere near it .

So I need everyone [ no exceptions ] to ditch the talc . Don't bring it, then you won't be tempted .

The new floor is going to be the business . I just want to make sure we get on it .

Any talc used on Saturday, and we won't get anywhere near the new floor!. Ever !

So I need everyone's help - if we're going to make this work .

See you all Sat .

pete

Guest Dr Pickles

For those of you still wearing trainers and needing talc................

Time to trade up.......................

rollershoes.jpg

I think I'll stick to my Loakes.

See you there

Doc

Guest Glawster

We shall be there Pete,Looking forward to this line up!!! Why even think travelling anywhere else when you have this gem of a soul night in the west country.

We shall be bringing some goodies for the freecycle table too.Plug plug,maybe others can do the same.

Hopefully have a couple of other Gloucester soulies in tow too!

Edited by Glawster

Really looking forward to this one- should be a top nite as usual with some top DJ's lined up. Bring it on!

HI MATT

GIVE ME A RING....NO I DONT WANT TO MARRY YOU...GOT SOME GOOD NEWS FOR ANDY HUTCHINS

REGARDS MOLDIE

We shall be there Pete,Looking forward to this line up!!! Why even think travelling anywhere else when you have this gem of a soul night in the west country.

We shall be bringing some goodies for the freecycle table too.Plug plug,maybe others can do the same.

Hi You 2,

always great to see you ,

and in addition Mart can tell what's going wrong with my short game

and that would be a real result !

see you Sat.

pete

Guest Angela Lawrence

typical female driver or what

you do know you have to steer it once in a while don't you ?

[ hee hee ]

p x

Oh Pete ! Its so not like you to be sarky!!! See you soon. xxx

Making the trip down with Mike, got some bits to sell, any chance of a bit of table?

Des

absolutely Des

take care you don't put them all on the 'free-cycle ' table !

There's 3 tables reserved when you turn right when you come into the main room ; they're not enormous but they're all now reserved and you've got one of them.

see you Sat.

pete

Hey Sue , Mart ,

Nice one

keep the free cycle table going

be great to see you 2 tomorrow, think it's gonna be a big thing

travel safely

Guest Glawster

Hey Sue , Mart ,

Nice one

keep the free cycle table going

be great to see you 2 tomorrow, think it's gonna be a big thing

travel safely

Sadly our golf tuition videos(betamax) are unplayable so I'll have to try my best to sort out your short game,however as I cant ring the bell(I keep hitting the windmill blade!) on the last hole to get a free game this could take sometime!

Coming down with Owen and Alison(driving),so a few pints of the old west country "ci" will be the order of the day.

Looking forward to this line up,I know this is gunna be a packer!

West country gem = Bridgwater Soul Nights!

See ya later

Mart and Sue

Last shout for Bridgwater tonight..................

................ and I hear that there is bad traffic / or an accident on the m5 so if you are coming from the north,

you might want to swerve around Bristol on the M32 and then follow the A38 all

the way to Bridgwater , and keep and ear on BBC traffic news or the Motorway

information signs ?

Travel safely .

pete

Guest Glawster

Last shout for Bridgwater tonight..................

................ and I hear that there is bad traffic / or an accident on the m5 so if you are coming from the north,

you might want to swerve around Bristol on the M32 and then follow the A38 all

the way to Bridgwater , and keep and ear on BBC traffic news or the Motorway

information signs ?

Travel safely .

pete

cheers for the heads up Pete,see you when we git there!