• Replies 94
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest gfarrington

we booked the train six weeks ago not knowing this could be the last, linda is in the shop untill 5pm, made sure she had everything packed this morning, coz its straight to the station, to catch the connection, to the 6.48 from lime street,, phew

Guest gfarrington

Anyone else heading for the Blue Posts before hand ?

hopefully dave, kev moore is picking me up from euston & the plan is to head there, we can discuss how many were going to put past bolton tomorrow :rolleyes:

Edited by gfarrington
Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Looks like my first time may be my only time :thumbsup:

Getting ready for a unique experience so thanks to Soulhawk for the invitation !!

Dave

Event Title: 100 Club: possibly last ever at the club.

Event Author: ady croasdell

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 30 October 2010

-------------------------------------------------

DJs Mick Smith, Keith Money, Joel Maslin, Ady Croasdell and the Willinghams.

The club may close at Xmas, but could shut at any time if the right offer comes along. There is one more all nighter before Xmas on Dec 11th and the Xmas party on Thurs Dec 23rd 9pm-2 am but the occurrence of these can not be guaranteed. Equally the club could be saved by the current management or a friendly new owner may let us continue unchanged: Gawd knows!

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Just got back from an incredible night, great music,great people, great atmosphere,fully charged emotionally; if it is the end then well.....wow what a send off

Rolly

I can say a brilliant night, got there about 11.30 never seen the place so busy, even the condensation was making it hard to dance on the floor i havent seen so many people buzzing at one time (dance wise) too many people to mention, if it the last one it has really gone out with a bang flashing cameras, hand shakes, hugs, exchanging mobile numbers, take my hat of to u ady, i had a tile for a sovineur out of the toilets, if there anymore im gona start ripping the place down by myself with sovineurs lol keep on keeping on Billy p.s nice to have a chat with you Beasley

A bit of a panic when all the buses were diverted from central London due to an incident, bomb?, taken over a building? police riot ? all this from the bus diver, what was going on.

A very big squat Halloween party but we got through ok and got to the 100 about 2 for one of the best nights ever :yes: not to have been missed as I thought it could be.

End of an era and all the DJs are playing one of the 3 before 8 except when the Willingham's played Long After Tonight Is All Over {instrumetal} I thought it had stuck what a rare record and a great sound to hear on the night.

I wondered where Mick Smith was near the end, In the manager's back room having 40 winks then the memory of being sat in there for half an hour with Dean Parish talking lyrics and watches will always be with me. yes.gif

Edited by Prophonics 2029

Great night. I had a ball. It was probably the mostest packest 100 club I can remember. Spent most of the night saying 'Hi I haven't seen you for ages. How've you been?' Took loads of souvenir photos which I'll be flogging off at a fiver each. I'll stick 'em up in the gallery so you can pick your own favourite. Now, how hot does it have to be before it becomes a health and safety issue - shows the power of scary marketing, eh? Hope it's not the last one as all nights should be like this one.

Music was brill, brill, brill.

What a night! An absolute packer and it was raining condensation below Oxford St.

Thanks to Ady and to everyone that made it down those stairs. Left with a big lump in my throat but still hoping to do it all over again in December. If not, well like has already been said - what a way to go!

- Kev.

What a night! An absolute packer and it was raining condensation below Oxford St.

Thanks to Ady and to everyone that made it down those stairs. Left with a big lump in my throat but still hoping to do it all over again in December. If not, well like has already been said - what a way to go!

- Kev.

Very packed, poked Kev in the stomach out on the pavement as i arrived, said hello to Bearsy as I was going down stairs & he was coming up & never saw either of them again all night! How is that possible in a room that size ? :lol:

Great to see Carl & Maria doing their stuff thanks for My Rainy Day :yes: & great to see 6Ts No. 1 card holder Sean Adams, lovely to see you mate thumbsup.gif

Lots of friends there, Terry Cozens turned up, Randy would've loved it ....almost like the old days ! Better have the last allniter again :ohmy:

...................wherever 6ts ends up can we have memberships again Ady ?

Edited by SHSDave

Fantastic nite, this was the 100 club at its best great sounds great people great atmosphere just hope it was not the last. Hopefully will be back in December to sample some more but if not it was a great experience to be there last nite. Ady thanks for some great memories and some great sounds discovered lets hope it continues.

Colin...

Awsome and some :yes: massive thanks to Kev & Rachel for the lift and sorry for talking too much :lol::lol: , so many great friends in attendence to make the night a night to remember, thanks thumbsup.gif

was great to see the dance floor rammed to the very end when the lights went on and what an ovation too for Ady and righly so :ohmy:

see you all at the next one :lol:

Bearsy & Marie

Guest Mrs Simsy

Well...if Carlsberg did nighters i believe is the expression!:lol:

From getting there at 11.20 and having to queue to get in, to "Baby i need your lovin'" at 6am-absolutely the best 100 club that i have ever attended!:ohmy:

It was REALLY hot, the atmosphere was something else and the music was FANTASTIC.

Carl & Maria Willingham, Keith Money, Mick Smith, Joel Maslin and Ady C...all just blew everyone away. Floor was full until The Four Tops.

I also had a tear in my eye at the end, really hope that we haven't just attended the last 6T's allnighter at the 100 Club.

Loads of people having a really good time dancing to excellent records, what more could you ask for? Maybe air conditioning across the whole club but that's just a tiny detail!:yes: I personally think the sweat made us all look more attractive!laugh.gif

Photos in the gallery, i'll undercut Warren and only charge £4.99 for copies.:lol:

Feeling a bit delicate so i'm going to have an early night. Until the next one.....hopefully.:lol:

Blinding Nite All-round !!! If your on a weight-loss programme you didn't really need to dance to sweat buckets i personally know i've had a top nite if i'm drenched through from jigging and agree with fellow Groovers that the atmosphere was crackin !! Loads of Ace faces/ friends ! Carl & Maria Marvelloso ! Keith always on the ball, it was all jolly good ! Beer monsters irrigated the floor ' maybe memberships needed should a reprieve be on the cards (hopefully that's the case!!) Y'all missed a gudun folks !

Cptn M :hatsoff2:

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Well my only time at the legendary 100 Club may be the last. It was one of the clubs that you always want to visit but keep putting it off because life & other things get in the way !! When I got a text Friday evening prior to heading out to Drax saying theres a spare seat in the car for the 100 Club All-Nighter, there wasnt much in the way of thinking time. It had to be done and I'm so glad I took the opportunity to discover the joys of basement living for eight hours !!

The staff were really friendly, especially the very nice lady with the gorgeous smile (short cut blonde hair !!) that took the money off me :wub:

Having heard tales about the toilets, all I can say is they werent kidding. I'm so glad I fitted the camels bladder before I left Heston services :D

Really enjoyed all the music played by the DJ's :shades: , some familiar tracks but the instrumental version of "Tighten Up" was awesome. I'l have to keep my ears open for that one. I even managed a couple of shuffles around the dance floor before it got too crowded.

Certainly the right "atmosphere", however before the smoking ban it must have been horrendous :ohmy: I havent been that hot & sweaty in mixed company for a long time :hatsoff2: we were one of the first ones in & down those hallowed stairs so I got the chance to take in the history on the walls before it got kinda full.

It was also good to see a Nighter with a mixture of young & old including all those in-between with all colours and creeds enjoying the greatest music in the world.

For a little while, I was part of something that ordinary people wouldnt understand and it just happened to be in one of the unique locations that our scene thrives in. If that is indeed the end for the 100 club then I feel really sorry for the regulars but I'm sure that somewhere else will be found that will in time become legendary, for me I can say that I've been but will always regret not making the effort to attend the 100 Club earlier on a more regular basis.

Thanks to Dave for the lift, Simon for the invitation and Ian for being the voice of sense & reason when the directions home went a bit awry :wicked:

To Ady & all those concerned with the 100 Club All-nighters, thanks for making my one night stand only appearance so memorable

Dave

Well my only time at the legendary 100 Club may be the last. It was one of the clubs that you always want to visit but keep putting it off because life & other things get in the way !! When I got a text Friday evening prior to heading out to Drax saying theres a spare seat in the car for the 100 Club All-Nighter, there wasnt much in the way of thinking time. It had to be done and I'm so glad I took the opportunity to discover the joys of basement living for eight hours !!

The staff were really friendly, especially the very nice lady with the gorgeous smile (short cut blonde hair !!) that took the money off me :wub:

Having heard tales about the toilets, all I can say is they werent kidding. I'm so glad I fitted the camels bladder before I left Heston services :D

Really enjoyed all the music played by the DJ's :shades: , some familiar tracks but the instrumental version of "Tighten Up" was awesome. I'l have to keep my ears open for that one. I even managed a couple of shuffles around the dance floor before it got too crowded.

Certainly the right "atmosphere", however before the smoking ban it must have been horrendous :wub: I havent been that hot & sweaty in mixed company for a long time :hatsoff2: we were one of the first ones in & down those hallowed stairs so I got the chance to take in the history on the walls before it got kinda full.

It was also good to see a Nighter with a mixture of young & old including all those in-between with all colours and creeds enjoying the greatest music in the world.

For a little while, I was part of something that ordinary people wouldnt understand and it just happened to be in one of the unique locations that our scene thrives in. If that is indeed the end for the 100 club then I feel really sorry for the regulars but I'm sure that somewhere else will be found that will in time become legendary, for me I can say that I've been but will always regret not making the effort to attend the 100 Club earlier on a more regular basis.

Thanks to Dave for the lift, Simon for the invitation and Ian for being the voice of sense & reason when the directions home went a bit awry :wicked:

To Ady & all those concerned with the 100 Club All-nighters, thanks for making my one night stand only appearance so memorable

Dave

Great feedback Dave, warms the cockles of my heart to read a post like that...

Respect mate.... :ohmy:

Blisters, my poor feet. The heat, the records, atmosphere, friends new and old. I danced on those pot holes every dance I had. I even made my inaugural 'trip' UP the stairs. That will teach me to run up them!

New to my ears sounds and some good hundred club specials, and the Willinghams set was so perfectly pitched for the night.

Nice to meet some new faces too, young and a bit older, and folk from around the globe, what the 100 club is very special for.

I don't think anyone wanted to leave at the end of the night!

Hope to do it all again in December:smile:

Guest Goldwax

I can only echo what has already been said. This really was a night that will stay long in the memory whether it was the last harrah at the old gaff or not. Very emotional when the lights went up and a few tears shed all round. Whatever the situation with the venue, we can all take heart in the love and enthusiasm that thrives around the whole 6t's venture that I'm sure a mere change of location could never extinguish. A massive thanks, again, to Ady.

I can only echo what has already been said. This really was a night that will stay long in the memory whether it was the last harrah at the old gaff or not. Very emotional when the lights went up and a few tears shed all round. Whatever the situation with the venue, we can all take heart in the love and enthusiasm that thrives around the whole 6t's venture that I'm sure a mere change of location could never extinguish. A massive thanks, again, to Ady.

Did anyone pick up a flyer for the All-Niter on 11th December ? Could become a collectors item :(

See you on 11th :) .............................................................................

wherever 6ts ends up!!!

I'm not a betting man but reckon we haven't see the last of 100 club

Edited by SHSDave

What a great turn out for this special 100 club nighter.:thumbsup:

So happy for you Ady , very pleasing to see .

I felt guilty on the way down to London having left the charity Backstreet soul club alldayer early but this was worth the effort . Great atmosphere filled with lots of the regulars and some new faces too.

Couldn't believe how hot it got down there , felt more like a mid summer event rather than Late October .

Great sounds were played and the guests definitely raised the bar as top sounds got the spins throughout the night .

Only gutted i missed the final hour as i had leave early as i had work 14.00hrs.

Heres to some good news for the future events .

regards Frank

Did anyone pick up a flyer for the All-Niter on 11th December ? Could become a collectors item :thumbsup:

Yes

mine got a bit soggy in the heat but let's hope it's not a collectors itemsmile.gifsad.gif

and I've smiled and lamented all day at work 2day. I have been to niters and weekenders where I'm still buzzing days after, but never one where I've felt such a buzz and sadness in equal measure...

Guest jimslim

As luck would have it I was in London for this , my first 100 Club allnighter since 1988 !!!!

A brilliant night , I really hope it isn't the last one , the DJs , tunes and Atmosphere were fantastic .

I'd been up from 4.30 am travelling from Ireland , so the peepers could stay open no longer and I had to retire at 6am , my 2 companions at 2am but I was determined to see it through ........ well almost :lol:

A big thank you to all concerned :thumbsup:

What a brilliant night. In pieces now but it was well worth it. Huge respect as ever Ady.

Nice, to the point post. I think lots of folk felt very emotional once home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ady,

Obviously a very poignant night (We all knew it was going to be) I'd planned to dance a lot, but impossible in the rubber soled shoes I had on. Just being there to pay my respects, think of absent friends and times in my life that The 100 Club gave me great escapism when I really needed it was enough.

Ady, what you have achieved, will never be repeated. It's not just the longevity alone, but as everyone knows there is something extra that is impossible to explain. I personally, only did a 'Twelve Stretch' (Sorry, I'm talking another language, can't think why?!) :thumbsup: I can't imagine what the place means to the people who have attended for longer, growing up with it always being there (Nina's time was over twenty five years), these few very privileged people are in a special Club of their own.

There was a different crowd to what I expected, lots of folk I hadn't seen before, entwined with some old regulars from different generations. If the place doesn't close (although no doubt I will visit every so often), for me it's now yet another generation's to enjoy and feel it's their own.

Special thanks to Sean Adams for welcoming me into the fold on my first ever visit in his own special way.

Goodbye 100 Club x

Len.

Edited by LEN

"It's not just the longevity alone, but as everyone knows there is something extra that is impossible to explain."

I think you hit the nail on the head there Lenny, it was something that doesn't really warrant description as that might almost spoil it.

In over 40 years on the scene it was the most emotional night of them all; even if confused by the uncertainty that surrounds the future of the club.

I'll feel like a total (but happy) fraud if we have to do it all again on December 11th, but hopefully if it does happen, we might know whether the club's and our future is secure or not.

No review of the night except to say it was a typical, warts and all, 100 Club. There were more in than for the anniversary, it was horrendously hot, the furniture continued to disintegrate and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife. The crowd comprised of very old and many new friends, nutters, keen new intrigued youngsters, pains in the neck and the best soul people I've been honoured to entertain.

As Randy's old favourite by the High Keys once sang: "Que Sera Sera"

Ady

Guest Chris64

It was a GREAT night. To be honest I'm still buzzing from it – I knew there was something up when I was in a good mood on my way to work Monday morning!

Even as a 100 Club newbie (this was my 3rd visit) I could tell there was something special about last Saturday – intense & emotional atmosphere. We got there just past 11pm - the queue down the stairs - the already-crowded dancefloor - the condensation...

So many wonderful tunes (is there a chance of seeing playlists?) and top dancers. I love how there is no aggro or attitude, people are just there for the music and the craic.

Thank you to Mr Croasdell and the other DJs - we loved it.

Let's hope there will be another to enjoy in December (and beyond?)

Edited by Chris64

Nice, to the point post. I think lots of folk felt very emotional once home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ady,

Obviously a very poignant night (We all knew it was going to be) I'd planned to dance a lot, but impossible in the rubber soled shoes I had on. Just being there to pay my respects, think of absent friends and times in my life that The 100 Club gave me great escapism when I really needed it was enough.

Ady, what you have achieved, will never be repeated. It's not just the longevity alone, but as everyone knows there is something extra that is impossible to explain. I personally, only did a 'Twelve Stretch' (Sorry, I'm talking another language, can't think why?!) wink.gif I can't imagine what the place means to the people who have attended for longer, growing up with it always being there (Nina's time was over twenty five years), these few very privileged people are in a special Club of their own.

There was a different crowd to what I expected, lots of folk I hadn't seen before, entwined with some old regulars from different generations. If the place doesn't close (although no doubt I will visit every so often), for me it's now yet another generation's to enjoy and feel it's their own.

Special thanks to Sean Adams for welcoming me into the fold on my first ever visit in his own special way.

He tried that on me but I just said no Len. blush.gif:wub:

Goodbye 100 Club x

Len.

Absolutley belting night in good company old & new arrived at 11.30 & the place was rammed & was still full when the lights came on to show how much this allnighter means well done mr c hatsoff2.gif:wub: top night

Edited by rasfoz
Guest Goldwax

Strolling along Oxford Street earlier today with I-Pod on shuffle and just as I reach the hallowed doors of the 100 Club what should start playing but The Diplomats - There's Still A Tomorrow.

It's a sign I tell ya.

There is something very special about the 100 club but as Ady says, to try and define it would almost be to spoil it. Besides, what makes the place special is probably different for different people.

For me, it was my first niter and where I met my best soul buddy who is now one of my best mates regardless of soul music.

I knew the night was going to be a cracker when on entering the Blue Post, I saw Bearsy almost in tears cos Northampton had mullered Gillingham 1-0 earlier in the day. :lol::thumbsup: And so it was, for all the usual reasons. Great people and fabulous music in the throbbing heart of one of the worlds greatest cities. Lets just hope it's not the last.

There is something very special about the 100 club but as Ady says, to try and define it would almost be to spoil it. Besides, what makes the place special is probably different for different people.

For me, it was my first niter and where I met my best soul buddy who is now one of my best mates regardless of soul music.

I knew the night was going to be a cracker when on entering the Blue Post, I saw Bearsy almost in tears cos Northampton had mullered Gillingham 1-0 earlier in the day. :wave::thumbsup: And so it was, for all the usual reasons. Great people and fabulous music in the throbbing heart of one of the worlds greatest cities. Lets just hope it's not the last.

Mark.. you're taking the piss out of Paul! :wave::lol::wave::lol::lol::lol:

Laughing with you not at Bearsy :yes::lol: