News: Beatin Rhythm - Manchester moves

Mike

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A wonderful shop I have had the pleasure of being in, a proverbial Aladdins Cave of vinyl

So glad it's been saved, some of these idiots that own buildings like this (see The 100 Club) have just no idea what it means to music fans

Lenny :hatsoff2:

here, here!! absolutely agree, bloody morons dont realise just how many people they rile up when things like this come to our attention.

Social source share

its great that its been saved, but i think its moving inside a vintage shop called ryans vintage on oldham street which i think is a massive shame

ive had some crackin buys here in the one off box's, like dee edwards why cant there be love on bumpshop, just before it went big

still its better that it is moved rather than dissapearing completely.

top blokes in there as well may i add.

Social source share

Although the underlying reasons for closure may be similar I think that putting this in the same context as the 100 Club is a bit of leap.

One has to remember that Beatin' Rhythm is a retail outlet pure and simple and not a music venue with a rich and varied historical past.

Remember also that it has already moved once before following the IRA bomb so if it has to move again then so be it - those who visit it regularly shouldn't mind as Oldham Street is only round the corner from Tib Street!

Mick

Social source share

Although the underlying reasons for closure may be similar I think that putting this in the same context as the 100 Club is a bit of leap.

One has to remember that Beatin' Rhythm is a retail outlet pure and simple and not a music venue with a rich and varied historical past.

Remember also that it has already moved once before following the IRA bomb so if it has to move again then so be it - those who visit it regularly shouldn't mind as Oldham Street is only round the corner from Tib Street!

Mick

It's not moving to Oldham Street but further down Tib Street (away from the City Centre).

Social source share

HOW INCONVENIENT!!

Just because of a slight hike in the rent i'm gonna have to walk an extra 150 yards there and back. I make that 300 yards. More or less half a mile.

I just wish these soul shops showed a little more respect for their customers. My God the last time I was in there I spent good money ( over £10). Once I spent nearly £30. And having to endure constant ribbing by the likes of Derek, Carl and the Chief of Police ( who always looks at me funny) shades.gif, makes me wonder is it worth it all?

Course, on the positive side, the extra journey will take me past some interesting shops. Should be able to get the wife something to keep her sweet, at least.

Social source share

Have to say that I havent seen anything like the buzz that this shop used to have, ay 10 years ago, of late The staff although helpful seem to lack the enthusiasm and passion they once had for soul in particular. This place was a great meeting place and hub at one time. so maybe the move might revitalise it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!