Northern/wheelsounds In Wakefield

soash

Always a pub which has supported music, the Admiral Duncan in Wakefield has now found its SOUL!

Come along for what should become a regular monthly event.

Large pub with lots of room for dancing.

100% danceable 60's Soul and Motown from one of the scene's ORIGINAL DJs

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::sleep3::ohmy:thumbup.gif

duncanposter1copy.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mysticwendy

I am sure , many years ago , when I was a teenager/young girl of about 17 to 20 , this pub either held soul/motown nights or played a lot of the music..it seems we have been waiting here in Wakefield for a decent soul night/club and it's like busses 3 come along at once... Crofton , Outwood and now this one... if I am well enough I might pop down and see what it's all about... sounds good so far!

I am sure , many years ago , when I was a teenager/young girl of about 17 to 20 , this pub either held soul/motown nights or played a lot of the music..it seems we have been waiting here in Wakefield for a decent soul night/club and it's like busses 3 come along at once... Crofton , Outwood and now this one... if I am well enough I might pop down and see what it's all about... sounds good so far!

Love to see you there Wendy. Should be a GOOD night :thumbsup::lol::yes:

Hi Dave

I went to the Unity Hall in Wakefield and never missed a Friday night. We would go Back over to Wakefield on the Saturday night to a club called Racells ?. There was a pub close bye that I think was called Bees? or something similar.

It must be 30 years since there has been anything in wakefield of note.

Please forgive me if there has been regular spots that I have missed. I will frequent this new event and enjoy my trip over from sunny Donny, (Doncaster).

Looking forward to Soul in Wakefield.

Mick

heartandsoul

Records for sale if anyone likes R&B, Request a list : heartandsoulmusic@yahoo.co.uk

I think the Wakefield City Soul Club boys have been doing just that for quite a long time now:yes: :yes:

BH

Just been chatting to a mate re Wakefield Soul Club. He tells me that they mainly do "modern" and "underplayed". That's cool, if that's what you like - but PLEASE don't expect that from me.

100% danceable classic 60's tunes is what you will get from me.

I am NOT a record collector.

I don't need to try to impress you with how rare my sounds are.

CLASSIC DANCERS ALL THE WAY.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Always a pub which has supported music, the Admiral Duncan in Wakefield has now found its SOUL!

Come along for what should become a regular monthly event.

Large pub with lots of room for dancing.

100% danceable 60's Soul and Motown from one of the scene's ORIGINAL DJs

:thumbsup::thumbsup::D:thumbsup::yes::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

duncanposter1copy.jpg

hatsoff2.gifwill be along to support tonite , go every weekend round diff places so good luck and i hope you get a good turn out , only from barnsley so will be reporting back , are flyers aloud as i will have some for the barnsley metrodome if anyone wants them , see ya all tonite

regards mick

Guest mysticwendy

Just been chatting to a mate re Wakefield Soul Club. He tells me that they mainly do "modern" and "underplayed". That's cool, if that's what you like - but PLEASE don't expect that from me.

100% danceable classic 60's tunes is what you will get from me.

I am NOT a record collector.

I don't need to try to impress you with how rare my sounds are.

CLASSIC DANCERS ALL THE WAY.....:thumbsup:thumbsup.gif:Dthumbsup.gif

I am going to try and find the link , to see what people said.. I am sorry I never got here... hope its a monthly thing... sadley I have flare ups of fybromyalgia...Unity hall was a regualar soul event... and raquels was here too... and I am glad you said you wouldn;t be playing rare! good for you... give us something to dance to and what we want to hear!