Rob Moss

News: The Holidays and Debonaires by Rob Moss

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

The Holidays and Debonaires - A Marriage Made in Detroit by Rob Moss Motown's purchase of Golden World Records Inc. in September 1966 created considerable turbulence among the artists, musicians, producers and technicians associated with the s...

View full article

Edited by Rob Moss

Hi Rob

Nice read. I see Jimmy Holland just about every time I'm in Detroit, he would love to bring the Holidays over to the UK, but every time I've mentioned it to anyone here no one has shown any interest, shame really.

Dave

Edited by mike
quote removed as it shows on front page version

Guest topcatnumpty1

Rob--you know how much i.ve admired your scribings over the last 20 or so years,and this is up there with your best.

Cheers for the education

Tony C.

Agreed, well done Rob, fascinating reading, i recall Edwin Starr being interviewed by Richard Searling on a local radio show 1983, talking about Golden world and tales of tapes been rolled down streets etc !!!!!!!

Brett

I'll be forever on a learning curve Rob from personal perspective, thanks to such informative scribings....Keep up the good work....wilxy:hatsoff2:

Thats brill Rob,it goes to show just how much competition was held back to prevent other artists hitting the big time.You can understand why the Supremes needed protection,they wernt all that good,well not in the recording studio anyway.Gilly

Thanks everyone. It means a lot to me that people I respect enjoyed the piece. Currently working on an article about the Hamilton brothers based on an interview I did with Ronnie Savoy several years ago! Really struggling to find photos of any of them, from the time, if anyone can help. Desperately need shots of Ronnie, Al Kent and Bob Hamilton.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.