Rob Moss

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Rob

Nice read. I see Jimmy Holland just about every time I'm in Detroit, he would love to bring the Holidays over to the UK, but every time I've mentioned it to anyone here no one has shown any interest, shame really.

Dave

Edited by mike
quote removed as it shows on front page version
Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Rob--you know how much i.ve admired your scribings over the last 20 or so years,and this is up there with your best.

Cheers for the education

Tony C.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Agreed, well done Rob, fascinating reading, i recall Edwin Starr being interviewed by Richard Searling on a local radio show 1983, talking about Golden world and tales of tapes been rolled down streets etc !!!!!!!

Brett

Social source share

Guest Pete Higson

Very informative Rob, you've certainly done your homework,

going to have to read it a few more times

( too much to take in at once )

regards

Pete H

Social source share

Thats brill Rob,it goes to show just how much competition was held back to prevent other artists hitting the big time.You can understand why the Supremes needed protection,they wernt all that good,well not in the recording studio anyway.Gilly

Social source share

Thanks everyone. It means a lot to me that people I respect enjoyed the piece. Currently working on an article about the Hamilton brothers based on an interview I did with Ronnie Savoy several years ago! Really struggling to find photos of any of them, from the time, if anyone can help. Desperately need shots of Ronnie, Al Kent and Bob Hamilton.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!