Rarest White Demo

• Replies 298
  • Views 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi Dave.How many Exit's wdj's turned up.? A box of 50 or 200?.The Carole Waller wdj boot has foggy print.I'm guessing the original may have clear,defined print?.

Got this VERY cheap from ebay last year. Nashville Matrix. Was never sure about what shade of green/yellow etc were proper 1st issues so felt safe buying the WDJ!

Social source share

Thanks for posting that Roger. I don't think you see this format at all compared to Festival or Hungry.

I wonder if Dave Moore has it too, or anyone else?

I also always had this one down as a tough WD...so you can imagine the grin on my face when I found this one whilst out digging in amongst all the R'n'B bits?! :yes:

post-9555-040649500 1287219423_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

Hety Marc,

Pretty sure that's mine! Have to dig it out to confirm! Unless you have one exactly the same?

Regards,

Dave

Hiya Dave, might well be a scan of your copy. I have it in a file on my computer entitled "WD`s" . Might have have taken it off ebay or such place years ago. Hope you don`t mind. Same goes for Gwen Owens, mine is a issue.

Another contender for a rare WD might also be Al Williams " I am Nth." L Beat. Sorry, I can`t scan mine but as its water damaged it aint completely white anymore anyway LOL.

Marc

Social source share

Hiya Dave, might well be a scan of your copy. I have it in a file on my computer entitled "WD`s" . Might have have taken it off ebay or such place years ago. Hope you don`t mind. Same goes for Gwen Owens, mine is a issue.

Another contender for a rare WD might also be Al Williams " I am Nth." L Beat. Sorry, I can`t scan mine but as its water damaged it aint completely white anymore anyway LOL.

Marc

Hi Marc,

I thought I recognised it. :thumbsup:

I've not got the AW La Beat Demo. Palmer for me at the minute. I'd like a nice La Beat WDJ though. The hunt goes on!

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Had a stone minter of TONY CLARKE off John Anderson in the 70,s. It really did look a treat with the silver embossed chess logo all over the label. Unfortunately I sold that copy, but have recently (2 years ago) acquired another but in only

VG condition oh hum!!!

I have a lovely WEST COAST demo of JOHNNY HOWARD on BASHIE ....I dont think you see many of these.

And a Bashie WD of the VISITORS which I think is pretty rare.

Social source share

That CODY BLACK WD looks great I would say its a lot rarer than more expensive desirable promo's.

I have a dark blue and silver first issue vinyl promo of CODY BLACK which you also dont often see.

Have just won on Ebay today a WEST COAST WHITE PROMO of BARBARA MILLS on HICKORY for the

massive sum of $23-00 dollars... :thumbsup: I dont think a lot of people know how rare this is !!!!!

Social source share

It was a Bob Catteneo and Harold Andrews project out of San Fransisco. Was un-sucessful locally, but then a few years later a lot of the un-sold stock came to the UK, but non of the demo's as these had all been sent out to local DJ's etc in SF. Now days it's only £15-20 record, but as others say a great overlooked tune

I got this from an old DJ that had been in SF.

Freddie Hughes - Take me as I am -

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!