Majestic Soul (London)

**********MAJESTIC SOUL***********

**********(ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL)*********

3 BLIND MICE RAVEY STREET LONDON

TUBE OLD ST/LIVERPOOL ST 5 MINS WALK (OPPOSITE GRIFFIN PUB)

DJs: MARK HOUGHTON, BINSY TAYLOR, BRIAN BAKER,& SPECIAL GUEST (John Reed)

Doors: 6.30 - 11.30 / PUB PRICES / DANCE & SOFA AREA

Music Policy: SWEET SOUL / CROSSOVER / NORTHERN

Event: MONTHLY (october 28th..... Nov 25th...... Dec 30th (guest special)

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well that has come round quickly. First anniversary in a few weeks time, just like to thank all the people who have guested for us over the past year:hatsoff2:

Brian tells me we have some more top guests lined up for the new year (maybe even some from overseas)

I'm very much looking forward to our guest John Reed this month, a man with impeccable taste and should be well worth a visit if you've not heard him before.

We also hope to add another seahorse to the banner:ph34r:

POUR YOUR LITTLE HEART OUT!!!!!!!

(MAJESTIC SOUL 1st ANNIVERSARY Thursday 28th October)

Its been an evenful year...weve had rain, snow & some shoeshine...flooded toilets, banter bout the banner (seahorses), great dancing, bad dancing..soullies falling up the stairs...newcommers not knowing bout the stairs falling down em!!!..a few red cards & not too much foul play!!!..microphone mumbling n lots of boozy carry on!!.....glad to say Re-issues are now out of fashion probably cause good cheepies certainly are in fashion....all in all a golly good joust of memorable soul music which always warms up to a climax!!..The event encourages your energy and support & hats off too ya!!!

In all fairness our guests have been brilliant!! wish i had a camera cause the personalities certainly shine here...the best one so far is "The statue"!!! however he was so good he literally turned us all to stone.....magic!! (sorry no names)

Our last couple before the year end will include a Guest special (residents nite off) ??nov ??dec so keep your records in order...also next year will throw up some interesting guests ive heard Scarborough, bedford, bilbao they must be bonkers!! and who knows who else????

Ok the tunage!! we have no strict music policy or policing!! imagine a doo where you hear the same kinda thing!!! not here!! so please dont pigeon hole us ..we are trying to entertain YOU!!!...

If anyone has seen the Cross-Over Killer please call Crime Stoppers 0800 *** 111 :thumbsup: n let them deal with it haha!!!

Nite!!.....:yes:

BakerSoul

Majestic Soul is about to become 1 year old ......and by the time i`ve finished reading (let alone understanding ! :thumbsup: ) the Bakerman`s last post we will close to celebrating our 2nd anniversary !! laugh.gif

Lot`s of great tune, great company, laughs and banter has passed and i`m sure next Thursday will be no different when we welcome along my old mate John Reed as our Special Guest. Anybody that knows John or has received or swapped cds with him on here will vouch for the man`s taste in tunes.

It promises to be another cracking night so get yourselves along (just remember to bring your Wellies !:D )

Mark H

I can't add much to what has already been said but I think what Majestic soul has added to the soul calender is a great small regular night where dj's and guests can try and play a different blend of records than they would normally be able to.

More of a listening night early on but the tempo rises in the second half of the night.

So many great sounds and even more bonkers behaviour over the last year. Personal favourite the double birthday celebration including cake with candles melted into it:ohmy:

Try it you might like it, the night that is, not the cake;)

Guest cardysharpy

Brian, Mark, Binsy.......

Missed the last couple for one reason or another but will definitely be down on Thursday and very much looking forward to it.

Binsy, I hope I get to see the yellow/ red cards in action- although not necessarliy in my direction and, as I wasn't there, I'd like to see a re-enactment of the shoe shop scene from Bilboa!

See you on thursday

Brian, Mark, Binsy.......

Missed the last couple for one reason or another but will definitely be down on Thursday and very much looking forward to it.

Binsy, I hope I get to see the yellow/ red cards in action- although not necessarliy in my direction and, as I wasn't there, I'd like to see a re-enactment of the shoe shop scene from Bilboa!

See you on thursday

See you there mate for your birthday celebrations

Majestic Soul is about to become 1 year old ......and by the time i`ve finished reading (let alone understanding ! :thumbsup: ) the Bakerman`s last post we will close to celebrating our 2nd anniversary !! :thumbsup:

apollo-2.jpg

vlcsnap-5642859.png

top-10-training-montages-20100727091122755.jpg

Blood sweat and tears Sylvester Stallone & Carl Weathers in the motion colour picture..............

The track to absorb!!

DeEtta Little 'You take my heart away' (UA)

Enjoy!!!

BakerSoul......................................................:hatsoff2:

Edited by bakersoul
Guest cardysharpy

See you there mate for your birthday celebrations

Ahhh yes..... although I'd been trying to forget that I'll be 42.... proper middle aged!

Mine's a pint of that Polish stuff that makes you go blind for two days after you've been drinking it. beer.gif

Alas Jason the Brok is no longer with us but we may smuggle a hip flask in to up the ante!

Really looking forward to our first Anniversary of Majestic soul. We've had some great guests each with their own specific selection of soul music.

Some of the tracks that we have played this past year include

George Jackson - Aretha sing one for me

...Royallettes - only when you're lonely

Ronnie Walker - Precious

Shades of Brown - How could you love him

Ernie Johnson - Disco music keeps on going on

George Frye - Keep on keeping on

Jo Ann Garrett - one woman

Bits and pieces - did I scare you

Moses smith - Keep on striving

High Keys - Lets take a chance

Let's hope we celebrate plenty more top nights at this intimate venue

Guest Marcus B

See you all there on Thursday then and whatever the weather throws at me early doors when I get there !

Could be a hatrick of Reds cards from Binsy heading my direction.!!!

:(:yes:

One year of Seahorses, rain, flooded toilets,balloons, snow, bird twitters, candle infested birthday cake, big bird, Apollo Creed gloves, more rain, gallons of alcohol and and unending supply of fantastic Soul Music..........come and join us on Thursday .....You know it Doesn`t make sense !! .....but that`s no excuse ...so see you there !!

Mark H

Majestic Soul this Thursday - DJ times

Brian - 6.30pm-7.15pm

Binsy 7pm-7.30pm

Mark H 7.30pm -8pm

John Reed 8pm -9pm

Binsy 9pm-9.45pm

Brian 9.45pm- 10.30pm

Mark H 10.30pm -11.15pm

Mystery specials, play a record each

Hope to see some of you Thursday:yes:

Edited by binsy

Majestic Soul this Thursday - DJ times

Brian - 6.30pm-7.15pm

Binsy 7pm-7.30pm

Mark H 7.30pm -8pm

John Reed 8pm -9pm

Binsy 9pm-9.45pm

Brian 9.45pm- 10.30pm

Mark H 10.30pm -11.15pm

Mystery specials, play a record each

Just luv that talk about the rare and underplayed.......:lol:

Sorry this is not clear...The last 15-20 mins will (Till11.30) will include all the above dj's playing an anniversary cover up!!

Something we never do!! but.....we have each got a magic tune & wonder what kind of a reaction it might get!! the truth about covering it up means that it wont bother the dj if nobody cares about the record...it will remain his/her baby.....:lol:

Pls also expect an emotional mix of THE HITS OF THE YEAR wether rare, cheap, classic, underplayed...whatever!!!

so go on brian play yer Philly Devotions "Hurt so Bad"....with Gusto!!!.......:lol:

BakerSoul

Edited by bakersoul

Had a great time on Thursday and thanks to Paul and Dave for helping me home...Damn those Red Stripe lagers.

Here is what I played.

Johnny Truitt - I'm Throu With You - 7" A-Bet 9437

Chuck Armstrong - I'm Gonna Forget About You - 7" Sound Stage 7 - SS7-2640

Buster Benton - Catch Up With The World - 7" Twinight 117

Nat Phillips - I'm Sorry I Hurt You - 7" BRU-CEL 2705-2

Ronnie Miller - Listen To The Music - 7" Jar-Val #16

Valentines - Gotta Get Yourself Together - 7" SS7-2646

Young Hearts - Sweet Soul Shakin' - 7" Minit 32057

Clarence Reid - Winter Man - 7" Alston A-4621

Ella Washington - Too Weak To Fight - 7" SS7 - ZS7 1507

George Jackson - I Found What I Wanted - 7" Verve VK10658

Eddie Ray - Glad I Found You - 7" PRIX 7001