Phyllis Brown On Le Cam...help

Jimmy A

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

So far as I can remember Jim, it wasn't booted ?? I hope not, as my copy (purple & white..) went to Phyllis herself - along with my Rainbo copy of Oh Baby - as she didn't have any copies of her own recordings. I'd hate to think I gave her a bootleg of her own record !! :lol:

Hi Johnny, I dont know why but ive got it in my head that those ones are boots,im most probably totally wrong.i normally am. I must say that i find that really funny about giving her a copy and it could be a boot..LOVE IT :g:

P.S . Hope you doing ok bud thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• 4 months later...
Guest Phyllis Brown

dear soulsource,

my name is phyllis brown and i sang "oh baby" and "why" on my dad's labed, rainbo records. his record manufacturing company was called rainbo recorfd. his pressing plant

was incredibly successful for over 40 years.

i was around 16 years when i sang those 45's. there's another phyllis brown from texas. i can see you've confused us . don't do it....2 different styes.

i'm completely confused as to why "oh baby" is likeable enough to be on compilations, etc. i went on to be signed to abcdunhill, barnaby records,

motown, and a composer on emi/screen-gems and have written for everyone from the carpenters to ann peebles.

i, by t he way, have lots of copies of this 45. they can always be pressed at my dad's plant.'

my question to you is, why are you bootlegging? and why do you think that you accidentlially gave me one and find it a joke? after reading your little chats,, i sort of

wonder you guys are about.

i would appreciate your feedback.

sincerely,

phyllis brown

Social source share

Hi Phyllis

Thanks for posting and welcome to the site

Reference the bootlegging, I think you may have misunderstood, as I don't think anyone talking in this thread has/is bootlegged any stuff, they just seem to be asking if that 45 has ever been bootlegged

Regarding the "joke" am sure that there was no offence meant, I don't really get it either, but am sure the member will clear things up when he reads your reply

thanks

mike

Social source share

dear soulsource,

my name is phyllis brown and i sang "oh baby" and "why" on my dad's labed, rainbo records. his record manufacturing company was called rainbo recorfd. his pressing plant

was incredibly successful for over 40 years.

i was around 16 years when i sang those 45's. there's another phyllis brown from texas. i can see you've confused us . don't do it....2 different styes.

i'm completely confused as to why "oh baby" is likeable enough to be on compilations, etc. i went on to be signed to abcdunhill, barnaby records,

motown, and a composer on emi/screen-gems and have written for everyone from the carpenters to ann peebles.

i, by t he way, have lots of copies of this 45. they can always be pressed at my dad's plant.'

my question to you is, why are you bootlegging? and why do you think that you accidentlially gave me one and find it a joke? after reading your little chats,, i sort of

wonder you guys are about.

i would appreciate your feedback.

sincerely,

phyllis brown

Hi Phyllis,liked your "Oh baby" for a while now.

Dont think Fingers finds it a joke re: the possible bootleg - in fact the opposite.Us guys are just that.Guys typing away asking about records.Nothing else.

Kev.

Social source share

i'm completely confused as to why "oh baby" is likeable enough to be on compilations, etc

.sincerely,

phyllis brown

Because it is a great stomping powerful dancer with atmosphere, that fits into the Northern Soul type of sound perfectly!

Great in an allnighter played loud!

You did a great session that day! thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!