Inticers On Baby Luv

Guest chorleybloke

Guest chorleybloke

Think I'll need surgery to remove the grin I've had for the last 2 hours:D . I won the Inticers on eBay for about one third of book value which must surely be a bargain, even in what seems to be VG+ condition. It was poorly described and flying under the radar until 3 snipes at the death.

So how many of these are around? (I know Kenny Burrell & Kev Murphy have it) And what do you think it would fetch on a Manship/Brady/Brown auction?

Cheers.........Pete:)

Edited by chorleybloke
Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pete

I saw that one myself and had a little snipe on it, the only thing that put me off was the surface noise mentioned. I did ask for more info but I never heard back although in fairness it was a bit last minute that I saw it.

I agree though if it plays ok you have a real trophy piece its very very rare, and a great Bay area 45.

Cheers Darren

Social source share

Shame about that Alan, the flip just as good as other side!

Really? It's been so long, but I'm sure I would have checked it out. No choice though Chalky - if I left it as is the crack would definately have worsened. I'd been mad about 'Since You Left' since hearing it on a cracking compilation called The Record Collector Vol 1 when I was just a wee youth learing the ropes!

Social source share

Mick Smith's got it - he has Simon Soussan's original copy, complete with instructions to the guys at the pressing plant who pressed the Soul Galore bootleg.

Got a strange heavy metal acetate with Arin Demain on the flip from a Buzzard nighter (many) years ago. Was pressed at the now defunked 'Vibes Studio'

post-2216-039816700 1286966632_thumb.jpg

Would rather one of these ...

post-2216-013339500 1286966660_thumb.jpg

Great tune. :thumbsup: Young legs or a big bagga base needed to keep up though. :lol:

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Bit surprised at the praise for this, it's a terrible production of a non-song, a right racket in fact. But hey, it's worth 2 grand so it must be good.

2 Grand Pete!!!! ask Manny what he sold his last copy for several years ago kin lots more than 2k and not even to a soul collector.

Social source share

2 Grand Pete!!!! ask Manny what he sold his last copy for several years ago kin lots more than 2k and not even to a soul collector.

Smudge

£3733 - 14/09/2006 - auction

£4000 - private sale - 2009

John

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Good record but you'd want more soul content for £4k!

I paid 1300 but I'd better refrain from gloating until I hear the quality:yes:

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

harold andrews said he did 200 press on all the babyluv records when i talked to him. whether thats true or not only he knows. i will say for such a rare record the inticers pops up out here more than the othello robertson. not quality just rarity wise.

ive never had the inticers but would love to catch one at some point... and when i do, John.... its coming YOUR way!

Social source share

Bit surprised at the praise for this, it's a terrible production of a non-song, a right racket in fact. But hey, it's worth 2 grand so it must be good.

The usual pessimistic view!

Can't even put on ignore user now!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!